Author Topic: What meat is right for you?  (Read 4199 times)

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
What meat is right for you?
« on: May 28, 2010, 08:13:46 pm »
In AV's first book, under appendix P, he goes on about how different meats (red or white) are right for different people.
Who here believes in this idea?
The reason I'm asking is because I had been eating a lot of fish (mainly tuna and some swordfish) and chicken for a while. This was just by chance, i didn't avoid red meat on purpose. Anyway, during this time my symptoms of eczema and itching reduced greatly, however I quit eating eggs at the beginning of this period too, because I suspected eggs were causing the eczema. However, the past two days I have eaten lamb (allowed to graze on pastures whenever it wanted) and the itching and eczema and inflammation of the skin has returned (which I find extremely annoying and disappointing, coz i thought it was finally going away!) and on top of that I woke up in the middle of the night feeling very sick and I puked up a load of lamb!. I still havn't eaten eggs, so it can't be that.
So i guess the lamb has been causing it all along. So i'm thinking that maybe red meat is not suitable for me.
Another point...AV gives a description of what sort of ppl should eat which type of meat...well I reckon i fit the description for ppl that should eat red meat (or maybe both red and white).

Anyway, what do u guys think about the subject?
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: What meat is right for you?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 06:22:09 am »

It says that the 'type' can change at certain times so all you need to do is just eat and notice how you feel. If it's good, keep doing it.

I don't think we have a more reliable way to tell because there are too many variables involved.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 09:02:44 pm »
    As far as raw meat, any meat that was raw, white always felt better to me.  Cooked though, I have tried cooked meat now (blue), and white just makes me all sick.  I have changed though since I started eating (raw) meat.  In the beginning I felt like eating fish a lot.  Now, ocean food doesn't interest me.  

Aajonus may not be right about everyone with whether red or white suits who, or mixed.  I think it's good that he made us aware though to see if there are differences, so that we can better choose which is best for us.  Then again, he may be basically correct.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 09:53:05 am »
Sorry for unearthing an ancient topic, but I thought this information might be pertinent.

According to an Australian vet who I read, eczema in all animals is caused by boron deficiency.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 10:19:13 am »
    Haai has any of your meat ever possibly been frozen?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk