Author Topic: Ron Paul for President of the USA  (Read 228901 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Ron Paul for President of the USA
« Reply #275 on: December 16, 2011, 03:04:47 pm »
I can't believe Gingrich dares to be a candidate given his appalling treatment of 2 of his wives.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 16, 2011, 08:33:52 pm »
Electing Ron Paul as the GOP candidate will result in Barack Obama‘s re-election.

That's the feeling I get from the right-wing community.
Perhaps, but you could say the same about any of the remaining GOP candidates. It's difficult to defeat an incumbent unless there is a substantial economic downturn or a quagmire war with depressing daily casualty reports, and even then it can be difficult, as Bush won during the difficult period of the Iraq intervention, as you pointed out.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #277 on: December 17, 2011, 12:43:26 am »
Oh, yeah! FDA is definitely among those I'd abolish!

Obama is completely beatable. In fact, given the state of the economy, republicans are gonna have to try REAL hard to lose this one. Obama supporters are largely disillusioned by the sort of "change" that came their way. He has effectively lost the youth vote.

Paul has strong grassroots support and strong moderate support and threatens to mobilize those who won't go out for Obama this time around. Romney is a "safe" candidate who is easily capable of removing Obama.

Obama is done. Republicans, then, need to focus less on "beat Obama" (their current fear-driven model) and focus more on "who is best for the country".
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 17, 2011, 04:20:16 am »
Ron Paul's old newsletter will be his undoing.  There's no way he'll win with the kind of blatantly racist comments that were in that newsletter.

The newsletter actually suggested lowering the age at which BLACK males, but not white males, could be tried as adults in criminal cases.  Yeah.  He has no fucking chance. Get used to it, people.  It's Romney, or it's Obama.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 17, 2011, 08:09:23 am »
Romney has little chance either, get used to that too. I was in Massachusetts while he was governor and I couldn't believe the extent of his hypocrisy. For example: implying he was more gay-friendly than Ted Kennedy, which shocked the hell out of me to see a so-called "Mormon" suggest, then abandoning the gays once elected. I have yet to encounter a single Republican who is super-enthusiastic about formerly liberal-leaning flip-flopper Romney.

What Romney does have going for him is his cunning and willingness to do ANYTHING to win, and his good looks, and there are enough superficial Americans to make that a factor, unfortunately. I doubt all that will be enough, though, unless the economy takes a major sour turn before the election. Americans generally prefer to vote for the incumbent unless things are going downhill bad in the economy or a war.

Sure Ron has done some boneheaded things when it comes to race, but it's not like any Republican is going to get many black votes anyway. I haven't seen any Republican even bother to ask for black folks' votes since Jack Kemp. They know it's a lost cause.

With the economy on a bit of an uptrend lately, per recent economic figures, it's looking like Obama will be re-elected regardless of the Republican choice. Given that, I think the top priority for Republicans is to choose a candidate who is consistent in ideology, puts the key issue in the forefront (reckless debt), and can inspire the youth so as to generate voters for Congressional candidates and attract new young members to the party. A candidate in the ideologically inspirational mold of Barry Goldwater and  William F. Buckley, Jr. makes the most sense.

Goldwater and Buckley inspired a generation of Young Turk Republicans who later generated multiple terms for Nixon (soured by the Watergate and Vietnam idiocies, of course) and the Reagan Revolution. On all the above counts, Ron Paul appears to be the best candidate. Mitt Romney is crafty and slick, looks good and acquits himself well in debates, as he did in MA, but I don't get the sense that he'll inspire a new generation of Republicans. A victory by Romney would probably spell further deterioration of the Republican party, whereas Ron Paul offers at least the hope of rejuvination.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 08:20:35 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #280 on: December 17, 2011, 08:37:15 am »
If this article is to be believed, Mitt Romney will win the election:-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/oct/18/voters-tall-politicians-leadership

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 17, 2011, 09:17:14 am »
That's a good point about tallness. I can remember an article back in the 1970's making the same point and another finding that candidates with shorter names tend to win. Romney loses out slightly on the latter aspect. I was including height in Romney's appearance advantages, though I suspect that incumbency is even more important and I doubt that one inch height advantage is quite enough to overcome that. Romney's good looks are a bit of a wild card, though.

I wonder what the Creationist explanation would be for the height advantage phenomena?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 09:32:07 am by PaleoPhil »

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 17, 2011, 12:31:18 pm »
"Legalize dueling & personal combat as a method of settling disputes"

YES
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 18, 2011, 01:32:03 am »
If this article is to be believed, Mitt Romney will win the election:-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/oct/18/voters-tall-politicians-leadership
Well I'll be darned... Dubyah is only 1/2" taller than me..... And to think I coulda been pres.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heights_of_Presidents_of_the_United_States_and_presidential_candidates

I kid you not, I went to a Rolfer for a few sessions and when I finished up I was about 3/4" taller. Maybe if I had done the full meal deal, I could be his equal.
Cheers
Al

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Ron Paul & Joe Rogan on the Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno
« Reply #284 on: December 19, 2011, 06:10:27 am »

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: December 19, 2011, 07:31:16 am »
Ron could turn the Neocons' ridiculous explanation for 911 around (jokingly) and say that maybe the Neocons oppose Ron Paul because "they hate our freedom."  ;)

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 19, 2011, 08:24:12 am »
Gingrich: Gov't branches should rule 2 out of 3
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-3460_162-57344825/gingrich-govt-branches-should-rule-2-out-of-3/

WTH? I didn't realize that Newt was this off-the-wall. Creative ideas are good, but this is over-the-top.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 19, 2011, 11:38:08 am »
Newt is 100% puppet material. Not only is he a neocon, he's also an eco-fascist. Heres some info on the man's ties.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/newt-gingrich-mr-new-world-order.html
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 03:28:25 pm by TylerDurden »
-----------

Offline Aaaaaa

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 20, 2011, 12:30:28 am »
I love that Jay Leno interview! :-)
Go Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #289 on: December 20, 2011, 09:58:28 pm »
So, you'd vote for Ron Paul if it weren't for his wacky foreign policy?

U.S. military veterans and active duty soldiers overwhelmingly support Ron Paul for President in 2012. Find out why.

This video explains why they support Ron Paul so overwhelmingly, including a discussion of "blowback" resulting from U.S. interventionist foreign policy.

DOWNLOAD THE .MOV FILE OF THIS VIDEO AND? BURN TO DVD: sendspace(dot)com/file/zrwz13

Special thanks to Chris Rye (creator of the "For Liberty" documentary) and Veterans for Ron Paul.

Music: "Catastrophe and the Cure" by Explosions in the Sky; "The Mighty Rio Grande" by This Will Destroy You

PLEASE LIKE, FAVORITE AND SHARE THIS VIDEO.

PLEASE DONATE TO THE DEC 16TH MONEY BOMB AND SUPPORT RON PAUL.

You Like Ron Paul, Except on Foreign Policy
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 21, 2011, 01:24:42 am »
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Cheers
Al

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 21, 2011, 03:47:19 am »
are you really watching this communist channel?  and Rachel Maddow, seriously, Maddow??  she is becoming more like olby.  the only reason she wants Paul to be nominated is because he will be crushed by Obama.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 21, 2011, 11:55:15 am »
Despite money and support, Ron Paul still not in lead
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/story/2011-12-20/ron-paul-rises-in-polls/52132336/1?csp=34news
WASHINGTON – Texas Rep. Ron Paul can raise millions of dollars in a single day, has a solid organization of passionate supporters and recently has been moving up in the polls, yet few mainstream Republicans are willing to give him the "front-runner" title so many of his rivals in the GOP presidential field have held.
Give me a break! Even with Ron Paul in the lead in Iowa and rising in the polls, some in the media and political establishment still say he is not really in the lead. I'm sick of this cognitive dissonance. He could get elected and his critics would claim that he hadn't really been elected. No facts will change their views about Ron Paul or libertarianism.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 12:00:22 pm by PaleoPhil »

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 21, 2011, 02:26:51 pm »
The new method being used against Paul is for people like Sean Hanity and his kind to openly refer to Ron Paul as a Kook that may have his heart in the right place but is full of nutty Ideas. Some talking heads refer to him in such a condescending way that anyone listening could easily be convinced of their slander. Hanity will only allow inarticulate people to speak in favor of Ron Paul on his show, so that no one ever has the chance to have a real discussion. Its propaganda at its most sophisticated, all designed to keep the public a slave to the false left right paradigm, which ensures that only the establishments candidate has a chance at winning.

A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Ron Paul for President of the USA - LEADING in IOWA!
« Reply #296 on: December 22, 2011, 07:19:04 am »
Ron Paul is hated by establishment Republicans. The Young Turks host Cenk Uygur breaks down a politico article on the 2012 Republican Presidential candidate.

Ron Paul Hate From Establishment Republicans
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 07:29:07 am by goodsamaritan »

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 22, 2011, 07:57:37 am »
Yes, granted, that guy is a liberal Democrat, but I didn't need that video to know that the establishment is definitely running scared and saying some desperate and whacko things that only further undermine their credibility and make Ron Paul look better. Here's some more:

Ron Paul: Rivals say he hates Republicans
Ron Paul’s rise has caught the party’s notice, and they’re not ignoring him any longer. Other front-runners have endured withering attacks this political season, and now it is the libertarian’s turn.

By Peter Grier, Staff writer / December 21, 2011
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/The-Vote/2011/1221/Ron-Paul-Rivals-say-he-hates-Republicans

... Naturally, in light of Paul’s surge in fortunes, those in the party who disapprove of the Texas libertarian are now moving to attack him.

First up this week was the Weekly Standard, a newsmagazine notable for its (fruitless) efforts to get New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and/or Rep. Paul Ryan of Wisconsin into the GOP race. It ran a piece by journalist James Kirchik about the racist language  contained in newsletters issued under Paul’s name in the 1980s and 1990s.

For decades, Mr. Kirchik writes, Paul promoted “hateful and conspiratorial nonsense,” including outlandish tales of racial violence, and hate speech about Martin Luther King, Jr.

This is not a new story – Kirchik and others have written about it in years past. Paul has defended himself by pointing out that he did not write any of this stuff himself and he did not know who the ghost writers producing it were.

Asked about the Kirchik story Tuesday during an appearance on CNN’s “American Morning,” Paul said that it must mean he was doing well, since people are starting to dig up old charges to try to stop him.

“It wasn’t good – but I didn’t write [the stories] and those aren’t my beliefs, so I sleep well,” said Paul.

Then Wednesday the conservative blog RedState posted a piece titled, “Ron Paul Hates Republicans and Everything They Stand For.” ....
December 21, 2011
Ed Rollins: Ron Paul ‘Will Win Iowa’ Caucus, But Not GOP Nomination
Fire it up31 Share
Republican strategist and Fox News contributor Ed Rollins was a guest on Studio B Tuesday, and matter-of-factly told Shepard Smith that he thinks Texas Rep. Ron Paul, “will win Iowa.”

A flabbergasted Smith raised his voice in surprise. “That would turn the establishment on its left ear!” He bellowed. “Spinning!”
Fox News' Chris Wallace Has an Anti-Ron Paul Agenda
By Saul Relative  | Yahoo! Contributor Network – Thu, Dec 15, 2011
http://news.yahoo.com/fox-news-chris-wallace-anti-ron-paul-agenda-215300287.html

COMMENTARY | With the most recent Republican presidential debate occurring on Thursday, Dec. 15, Fox News wants Iowans -- and the rest of the nation -- to understand that if Texas congressman Ron Paul should win, their first-in-the-nation caucus will count as a waste of time and serious GOP-leaning voters should look toward New Hampshire and South Carolina to choose a truly viable Republican candidate to run against President Obama.
Or that seems to be the gist of what Chris Wallace had to say on Fox News' "Your World with Neil Cavuto" (as reported by Mediaite ) a few hours before the sole remaining debate standing between Paul, who is surging in the local polls, and a possible victory in the Hawkeye State on Jan. 3.

"Well, and the Ron Paul people aren't going to like me saying this," Wallace said, "but, to a certain degree, it will discredit the Iowa caucuses because, rightly or wrongly, I think most of the Republican establishment thinks he is not going to end up as the nominee. So, therefore, Iowa won't count and it will go on."

So, to reiterate: "Iowa won't count." But only if Ron Paul wins.

The establishment is still optimistic about Romney's chances...
No votes, but things seem to be going Romney's way
By KASIE HUNT, Associated Press – 17 minutes ago 
KEENE, N.H. (AP) — The stars may be aligning for Mitt Romney — and at just the right time.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iXViCButIZeUJGnBCjASlB2PbePA?docId=045b4f14bf7340b9a2ad8fa90dde24fd

but Ron Paul may be the only Republican who has a chance of beating Obama:
PRESS RELEASE
Dec. 21, 2011, 3:53 p.m. EST
Ron Paul Polls Strong v Obama in Relation to Paul's Competitors
Survey shows Dr. Paul popular among broad, conventional voting base

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ron-paul-polls-strong-v-obama-in-relation-to-pauls-competitors-2011-12-21

.... "This poll further debunks the establishment-created myth about Ron Paul's electability and shows an expanding base of support," said Ron Paul 2012 National Campaign Chairman Jesse Benton. "Americans of all stripes are tired of the status quo Washington insider games, and are looking for someone who represents real change. Congressman Paul is that candidate."

SOURCE: Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 08:11:30 am by PaleoPhil »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #299 on: December 22, 2011, 11:24:41 pm »
Well, if the Ron Paul campaign see fit to have John Lennon's song "Imagine" as their campaign song( re the 1st video shown in the previous post) then I truly pity them. I mean, it's pretty much THE worst song of all time, written by a hypocritical faux-Communist-leaning drug-addict, and it is so sanctimonious and so dictatorial in its tone. It seems "I'm not the only one"(sic - lol) either as regards having this opinion, as it's been voted in polls as being "the worst song of all time"!:-

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/kschlichter/2009/10/27/the-worst-song-of-all-time-imagine/

http://nikkirichards.blogspot.com/2009/11/i-hate-song-imagine-by-john-lennon.html

" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk