Author Topic: Ron Paul for President of the USA  (Read 228376 times)

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Ron Paul for President of the USA
« Reply #525 on: January 21, 2012, 05:42:32 am »
Romney’s private equity firm, Bain Capital, owns Clear Channel Communications, one of America’s largest media conglomerates. Clear Channel broadcasts conservative luminaries such as Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck and many others.

For the record, Bain donated more to Democrats than to Republicans.

I'd say China increasingly has the whip-hand economically-speaking. I confidently expect the dollar to be superseded by the yuan and one or two other currencies within a few more decades.

Maybe few decades after they let yuan free float.  Before that not a chance.  And chances of free floating yuan are slim to none.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 21, 2012, 08:42:34 am »
OK I'll bite, where's the record?
Cheers
Al

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 21, 2012, 09:02:36 am »
Doesn't that anger you and reveal to you the sort of crowd Romney associated with? You don't think that donating to Democrats is a good thing, do you?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 21, 2012, 10:12:19 am »
If one of the establishment candidates, Romney or Obama, are elected, it will be more of the same, which will add to horror of the inevitable eventual catastrophe:

Nassim Taleb - 'The Banks Have Hijacked the Government'
The establishment have transformed the entire global economy into a gigantic Ponzi scheme. Heaven help those who are alive when it collapses.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 21, 2012, 12:24:05 pm »
OK I'll bite, where's the record?

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/01/19/bain-execs-contributed-more-to-democrats-than-republicans-in-last-6-years/

Doesn't that anger you and reveal to you the sort of crowd Romney associated with? You don't think that donating to Democrats is a good thing, do you?

Nope, it's all about money.  When you are an executive, your primary objective is to make money for shareholders, not exercising your personal beliefs.  Corporate donations are nothing more than legalized bribes.

Phil, stop dreaming about utopian presidents such as Ron Paul, they don't exist in nature.   Back in the days Clinton had very ambitious lefty agenda.  He quickly dropped that agenda and moved all the way to the center when Republicans took control of the Congress.  The same thing happened to Obama.  He quickly abandoned all his promises as soon as Republicans took control of the House.  That's how politics work and there is no other ways around it for the foreseeable future.

Paul does not and will not play that game and if elected he'd be a lame duck president.  Remember, he does not have many friends among congressional Republicans.  He'd veto almost every bill and Congress would overwrite many of his vetoes.  And if they get tired of it they'd impeach him for not cooperating.  For that reason establishment is not considering him as a serious contender and don't pay much attention to him.  Non-Romneys are going after Romney and pretty much ignoring Paul as if he is not running.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #530 on: January 21, 2012, 12:27:03 pm »
That's a nice observation, ys.
Seems the USA will be ripe for a revolution in the near future.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 21, 2012, 12:33:51 pm »
If one of the establishment candidates, Romney or Obama, are elected, it will be more of the same, which will add to horror of the inevitable eventual catastrophe:

The catastrophe will surely come one day.  It's inevitable, get used to it.  It happens all the time.  It is very true we have a Ponzi scheme and it is not fixable anymore.  The good news it may take very very long time for it to collapse.  The pyramid has been built on very solid foundation and so far lasted over 200 years.  It may last another 200 or more.  So use your time wisely to prepare for such day and don't take elections too personal.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 21, 2012, 12:39:39 pm »
Seems the USA will be ripe for a revolution in the near future.

I'm sorry to disappoint you.  The triggers and charges to detonate revolutions are nowhere to be found in the US.  There won't be any in the near future nor far future.  You will see that for yourself after the Republican primary and after the Presidential elections.  Be patient.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 21, 2012, 02:02:35 pm »
http://hotair.com/archives/2012/01/19/bain-execs-contributed-more-to-democrats-than-republicans-in-last-6-years/

Paul does not and will not play that game and if elected he'd be a lame duck president.  Remember, he does not have many friends among congressional Republicans.  He'd veto almost every bill and Congress would overwrite many of his vetoes.  And if they get tired of it they'd impeach him for not cooperating.  For that reason establishment is not considering him as a serious contender and don't pay much attention to him.  Non-Romneys are going after Romney and pretty much ignoring Paul as if he is not running.

Its a real cynical view, but perhaps it is what it is, and there is an unyielding chain of causality which makes it inevitable that you have to be a complete tool of mammon to be president. The spirit of democracy has been usurped and there needs to be a "We are the 99% " revolution, to restore faith in the system.

I often liken the office of president of the united states to the great whore of Babylon foretold in revelation.

Still conditions are ripe for popular pragmatical solutions, enacted by an independent Executive branch of government. Four years of Ron Paul vetoing the Bejezzus out of  tyrannical bills such as the Obama/romeycare racketeering schemes being pushed down our throats, as well as putting an end to the bailouts that cover up mass corruption without changing the conditions that allow for such corruption; could be a be a good thing. I hearken back to the days when Andrew Jackson came to Washington and single handedly removed the vultures and vipers from the bureaucratic, while also reigning in the money men of his day. 

A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 21, 2012, 11:19:43 pm »
I'm sorry to disappoint you.  The triggers and charges to detonate revolutions are nowhere to be found in the US.  There won't be any in the near future nor far future.  You will see that for yourself after the Republican primary and after the Presidential elections.  Be patient.
You are talking about business as usual and that is likely what will happen as people tend to be generally like sheep, but there is one fly in the ointment...

Ron Paul is starting a Shay's Revolution.

The thing is that Shay didn't actually win anything. His followers were ex-military people to a large degree, but they had some bad luck in their execution of a planned takeover of a large storehouse of munitions. In losing they were tried and sentenced, but I believe only one was actually hanged and the rest were let off. Shay died the way he started out, a poor shepherd, but he embarrassed those in power, to the point where Washington was called back in to do what was needed to clean up the plutocrats in Boston. So really he won.

And Ron Paul will win also. Why? Because he is not like the sheep.
Cheers
Al

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #535 on: January 22, 2012, 11:54:58 am »
564 delegates to be split between Paul and Romney

The strategy the campaign is implementing is on track to collect a boatload of delegates.

This is a two man race between Romney and Paul. Santorum and Gingrich are not on the ballot for 500 delegates worth of states. They are not, and will not be on the ballot in other states besides just Virginia. They have no grassroots support and virtually "zero" ground game. They cannot win the nomination.

Period.

All this MSM Propaganda pushing either Santorum or Gingrich is a joke. Anyway you work the numbers, they are out.

We are in this for the long haul! Go RP2012!!!

Doug Weade on MSNBC w/ Alex Witt 01/21/12

Keep an eye out for how much better we do in both caucus states and states that use paper ballots :)

http://www.dailypaul.com/206919/500-delegates-to-be-split-between-paul-and-romney
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 22, 2012, 01:31:29 pm »
Ron Paul is starting a Shay's Revolution.

First of all, that was not a revolution, it was a small rebellion.

Secondly, Paul is not starting anything.  Here is the reality.  As long as masses can afford pizza and beer when watching football or nascar, Ron Paul does not matter.  When you take away pizza, beer, and football, then it'll be a revolution.

Ron Paul is somewhat polarizing figure.  When he retires in 2013 there is no one to fill his shoes.  The little movement he generated will quickly dissipate after he is gone.  Then what?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #537 on: January 22, 2012, 05:00:32 pm »
Actually, there are other Libertarians who are much younger than Ron Paul. As regards beer, pizza and football, there are plenty of other things that people need to be able to afford such as mortgages etc.

As regards Shay etc., it is irrelevant whether it was a small rebellion or a revolution. I mean, look at the French Revolution and Napoleon,  they both failed in the end, but their ideas lived on and the monarchy was eventually replaced by most of their ideals. And there are plenty of minor, failed revolts in European history which forced the rulers to concede eventually to all or most of the demands the former rebels had demanded, just in order to prevent further problems.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 22, 2012, 09:22:14 pm »
Gallup chief: Romney support 'collapsing'
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpolitics/post/2012/01/gallup-chief-romney-support-collapsing/1

Mitt Romney: A "Glass Jaw" Candidate
Mitt Romney: A "Glass Jaw" Candidate Minor note: Staples was actually founded before Office Depot, but that doesn't change the point he made when discussing these companies.

A Mitt Romney Nomination Will Guarantee a GOP Schism
A Mitt Romney Nomination will guarantee a GOP schism

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 22, 2012, 09:33:47 pm »
First of all, that was not a revolution, it was a small rebellion.

Secondly, Paul is not starting anything.  Here is the reality.  As long as masses can afford pizza and beer when watching football or nascar, Ron Paul does not matter.  When you take away pizza, beer, and football, then it'll be a revolution.

Ron Paul is somewhat polarizing figure.  When he retires in 2013 there is no one to fill his shoes.  The little movement he generated will quickly dissipate after he is gone.  Then what?
Excuse my enthusiasm, you're right it was a rebellion. Even as I typed it didn't look right, but I continued.

The resultant Philadelphia Convention and the United States Constitution were hardly a "small" thing.

Here is a Wackipedia quote:

"In the aftermath, fear spread that the American Revolution's democratic impulse had gotten out of hand. This fear, combined with the lack of institutional response to the uprising, energized calls to reevaluate the Articles of Confederation and gave strong impetus to the Philadelphia Convention which began on May 17, 1787, which created the United States Constitution."

As regards Paul/Shay, whether he lives or dies or retires matters not, as The Monkeees said so sagely, so long ago:

"The seeds of doubt you planted
have started to grow wild
and I feel that I must yield
Before the wisdom of a child"

Paul is not going to die, because the seeds he planted have been with the young, not with old goofballs like the other candidates. The young will always usher in the new. It's an eternal law.

As I said Paul is just the lightning rod for now. He is charismatic in his own way. He speaks with passion which is not easy for someone his age. The others speak with the passion for power. That comes across to the plebs.

In Shay's day people were being locked up in Debtor's Prison at the slightest  cause, which is hardly useful as then the debtor is useless to society as well as being miserable.

The current tide of layoffs and failed mortgages is more or less the same thing.

TD says the rest much more eloquently than I.

YS, It's good that you are "Devil's Advocate" as you fan the flames of the young. You speak for the older, entrenched and semi-asleep. There is truth in what you say.
Cheers
Al

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #540 on: January 22, 2012, 11:06:25 pm »
YS is reality check. 
You are very much appreciated.

Ron Paul is the dream. 
And sometimes, dreams and revolutions do come true.
It's social media versus mainstream media 2012.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 23, 2012, 04:19:53 am »
YS, It's good that you are "Devil's Advocate" as you fan the flames of the young. You speak for the older, entrenched and semi-asleep. There is truth in what you say.

:) I don't speak for anyone.  I'm in my 30s so not that old.  I only speak what I see.  And I see no flame in younger people.  Most of college people like myself cared about women and beer and that did not change today.  There will always be hippies, communists, and libertarians of all flavors among college kids but those are not mainstream.

people need to be able to afford such as mortgages etc.

Mortgage is one of the least of peoples concerns.  Most houses that are being foreclosed were either purchased with nothing down or got hefty cash out.  So walking away from the house is not difficult at all.

In addition to pizza, beer, and football I forgot to add cell phones.  The rest does not matter much.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 23, 2012, 04:22:03 am »
Ron Paul is the dream.

I completely agree with you.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #543 on: January 23, 2012, 03:54:28 pm »
God, I am so angry right now. Here is a copy of Aajonus' most recent e-mail about the corruption of the US government officials and his endorsement of Ron Paul. This is why I like enlightened despots so much, as there is always the possibility of hanging corrupt government officials in such regimes:-

To aajonus
Sent:   23 January 2012 06:51:27
To:    aajonus (optimal@earthlink.net)
Dear health-food lovers,
    A lot of pressure was put on Senator Dale Shultz and Assemblyman Edward Brooks by your calls. People reported to me that both claimed to have supported the raw milk bills that passed both Wisconsin Senate and Assembly but could do nothing regarding the case against the farmer. Both statements were false. Shultz only supported the raw milk bill in the final day of the final vote and Brooks was against it and voted consistently against it. Both of them could have called the prosecution and ASKED them to retract the charges but they did not.
    We are at a time in history where treason to the Constitution established by our forefathers to protect people from any type of tyrannical and communistic government is at a critical point. Treason stretches from Obama to most government officials, including the courts. The latest and greatest single treasonous act was the passing in the US Senate and House of the bills that ended our Bill of Rights. The combined bills were signed into law by Obama in January. They are all traitors to the US Constitution and the people. Why? The traitorous SB 1867, the latest $662 billion military defense bill, declared the entire USA to be a "battleground" upon which U.S. military forces can operate with impunity, overriding Posse Comitatus and granting the military the unchecked power to arrest, detain, interrogate/torture and assassinate U.S. citizens with impunity, without any 4th Amendment rights. Obama has consistently outlawed certain types of weapons which would be necessary to fight a high tech military and police force.
    Several senators say it does not apply to American citizens but University of Texas' Robert Chesney (non-partisan authority on military detention) concluded, “U.S. citizens are included in the grant of detention authority.” Although throughout the bill it states the rules do not apply to American citizens, the clause that contradicts that is at the end of the bill to where politicians are confident we will not read. They never read an entire bill unless it is 2 paragraphs, they hope you will be as negligent, stupid and treasonous as they are.
    American soil is now the same as it was in Nazi Germany of 1936. Why Nazi Germany? Because the greatest hold the Nazis gained on Germans was when they took away the people's right to bear arms to defend themselves and controlled the food. Within a few years, the Nazis declared what food could be grown, who gets the food and how much. After that, Germans allowed anything and everything. Will we? Our governments are working hard to eliminate arms for defense of citizens and our right to choose our food.
    The case against farmers Vernon and Erma Hershberger and their 9 children is following the same treasonous movement by US and States' governments. In the initial hearing on January 11th, in which Vernon was charged with farming without dairy license and permit, and refusing to let God-given good food spoil and rot was an extension of the laws recently made to make the US a fascist government wherein government controls every thing. With the corporate take over of everything in the US government, we have moved beyond fascism and into communism wherein the government owns and controls every thing. Are we going to standby as the German people did with the Nazis and let it happen?
    Wisconsin's Senator Schultz and Assemblyman Brooks reported that some people were angry and insolent when talking about the case against the farmer. They stated that that worked against the farmer rather than for the farmer. Okay, tell me how that works? They both stated that they could not do anything about the case but said that it worked against the farmers' case. Does government speak with forked tongue? Doesn't every politician except Representative Ron Paul? Ron Paul is the only politician who truly works against government control? He was immediately in favor of writing a raw milk bill for us when I lobbied his office in 2007. Together, we wrote a raw milk bill in 2007 and submitted another in 2011, HR1830.  This online petition will send a fax to your U.S. Representative, Senators, and local newspaper, in support of Ron Paul's raw milk bill.
    During the initial hearing of Vernon and family, Judge James Evenson was supposed to discuss and rule on several motions, the primary motion by Vernon was a motion for continuance so that he could properly address the lack of jurisdiction of Wisconsin;s department of agriculture (DATCP) and the courts, plus have time to secure proper representation. In ALL criminal prosecutions, it is the rule to allow time to acquire proper counsel, and secondarily jurisdictional challenges. Judge Evenson completely steamrolled Vernon right through to a Pretrial Conference. First he said he could not rule on the jurisdictional challenges which includes proper probable cause then a few minutes later stated the State and court had probable cause.
    The prosecution presented every contorted falsehood they could on the court for over 5 minutes. The judge listened and ruled that Vernon and his family had to stop farming raw milk or Vernon would be put in jail. He was coerced with deadly force to either sign a bond stipulation that stated he would not farm dairy products or allow anyone else to unless he gained permits and license. He signed it under protest.
    I had written my suggested Jurisdiction Challenged document for him in case the court violated normal procedure, which it did, making up its own rules as it desired. Because many of you do not want attachments, I will not attach the document hereto but allow you to read it at www.WeWant2Live.com by Tuesday. In the Jurisdiction Challenged, Vernon states that he is not a commercial farmer and co-owns the farm with many other people, and since the requirements of food production are opposed to State regulations, they are not in the jurisdiction of DATCP. Vernon immediately filed the document following his arrest and release on bond. The filing forced a hearing which will occur on January 27th, 3 days prior to the scheduled Pretrial Conference. The court did demand a plea or enter one for Vernon. You cannot have a trial without a crime being established and a plea entered. Judge Stevenson violated many procedures of law.
    The state has planned another way to avoid personal responsibility of public officials, they are changing the judge. An unjust judge has been assigned to advance the case, Judge Guy Reynolds. He was the judge that gave a 1 million dollar default judgement against Vernon because a drunken group claimed that a wondering cow caused them to crash their vehicle. The sheriff said there was no indication that a wondering cow caused the accident but found the groups liquor bottles on Vernon's land.
    I ask you to inundate the Secretary of Agriculture, Governor, Attorney General, Judge, and prosecutor this time with calls and faxes. We went to the lawmakers for help and they refused and were annoyed with us. That is the mentality of tyrants not public servants. They think that they are beyond our reproach. Are they? Is it up to each of us to do something?
    I request that you make multiple calls and faxes daily to the individuals below until this is over. Without pressure that could be as long as end of March. Tell them you are a co-owner of the farm, a member Right To Choose Healthy Food, and you have the right to produce and drink your own milk even if you do not live at the farm. Tell them that you have the right to choose healthy food that is not provided by Wisconsin licenses or permits. Tell them that you, your farm and your food are out of their jurisdiction, and that none of the food is sold, period, or distributed to non-owners. Tell them that there will be a reckoning if they keep trying to deprive us of our healthy food. Tell them that that is how the Nazis started. Take their time because they are trying to take your food rights. Be heard and make them listen.
    I am beyond the Mr. Nice-guy attitude toward tyrannical government agents, so if it is your demeanor to try gently persuade them, wonderful. If it is your outrage that moves you, express it.

Ben Brancel, Secretary of Wisconsin Dept of Ag.
Office Phone: 608-224-5012
Office Fax: 608-224-5045

Scott Walker, Wisconsin Governor
(608) 266-1212
govgeneral@wisconsin.gov  Will not give fax number; if anyone can get it please notify me.

Wisconsin Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen
(608) 266-1221
Will not give fax number; if anyone can get it please notify me.

Eric DeFort, Asst. Attorney General
WI DOJ, Special Prosecutor for the County of Sauk
(608)266-8514

Judge Guy Reynolds
(608) 355-3222

Judge James Evenson
(608) 355-3218"

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 23, 2012, 07:54:38 pm »
:) I don't speak for anyone.  I'm in my 30s so not that old.  I only speak what I see.  And I see no flame in younger people.  Most of college people like myself cared about women and beer and that did not change today.  There will always be hippies, communists, and libertarians of all flavors among college kids but those are not mainstream.

Mortgage is one of the least of peoples concerns.  Most houses that are being foreclosed were either purchased with nothing down or got hefty cash out.  So walking away from the house is not difficult at all.

In addition to pizza, beer, and football I forgot to add cell phones.  The rest does not matter much.

I didn't say you were old. Possibly I could worded it more clearly. I inferred that what you were saying was the same that would be said by an older, defeated electorate. Someone who says "WTF who cares. Life's a bitch and then you die.

There is always a flame in a certain amount of young people. Some youth are idealistic as in the Occupy Movement. That doesn't necessarily make them bright or right, just idealistic.

Bear in mind that Hitler was idealistic. Look up idealistic. Someone who sees the world according to a pure ideal.

The youth didn't dream up RP's ideas, they heard him talk about them and once they understood them (which a number of generations of their forefathers had not) they realized the gravity of the situation. It even took awhile for the numbers of the youth to hear and understand the ideas, as they are a bit more complicated than beer and girls (hmmmmm beer maybe) as is witnessed by the fact that it took him awhile to gain traction.

There will always be fringe people as you said, but you will find that fringe people all become mainstream eventually, but some don't forget the prize even through their maturation, especially if the prize makes sense. Their idealism is tempered by realism but not forgotten.

Re: mortgages, you speak so loosely because as a 30 something you have not spent your life toiling in the trenches going through a few layoffs, paying down a mortgage on a place that is worthless now thanks to government policies.

Governments that were Republican and Democrat. In Canada we have the same problem, ie. conservatives are really liberals and vice versa, whatever will get them elected.
Cheers
Al

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #545 on: January 23, 2012, 09:36:17 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=92OV3RbU3ek#!

Cut $1 trillion year one.

Predicted housing market collapse when no one else saw it coming.

Gets more support than ALL other candidates combined.

Cuts across age, party, gender lines.

Wants to eliminate income tax.

Takes no government pension. Never took gov money (even if he had to work for free) when he was a practicing doctor.

Wants smaller federal government and power back to people & states.

What the hell are YOU waiting for?
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Cheers
Al

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 24, 2012, 11:50:13 am »
Romney lost South Carolina to Gingrich.

I believe I mentioned that a Mormon will never carry the redneck South.

I really don't know who they hate worse, blacks or Mormons.  I'm guessing they'd vote for the Mormon before Obama, but I'm still skeptical that you can win the Republican nomination without the rural South.

Go, Newt, Go!!! ROFL

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 24, 2012, 12:15:37 pm »
I just don't think it's going to happen. Seems like the mainstream media still has enough lock-down on "public opinion" to prevent critical mass for a sea change like a Ron Paul presidency.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 24, 2012, 03:32:19 pm »
I say Newt is trolling. He knows he can't beat Obama in the general election, and he knows that Romney's the one with the best chance, so he's staying in the race to keep Romney from getting the nomination.

I mean seriously, why else would he be in the race?  He has treated his wives terribly, and flip-flops on issues worse than Romney.  Given those facts, I'd say his chances are ridiculously slim, against Obama. Remember, Newt used to be way more liberal, way back. He switched sides to win elections. His conservatism is skin-deep.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 03:37:55 pm by cherimoya_kid »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk