Author Topic: Ron Paul for President of the USA  (Read 228322 times)

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Ron Paul for President of the USA
« Reply #700 on: April 14, 2012, 06:07:11 am »
I'm actually hoping Romney gets elected. The reason? He's gonna drive this shindig into a hole so deep it'll come out the other side all brown and sticky. There will be a handful of rich people and 300 million poor. Then maybe a few more of us will understand that money + politics = fuckover, every single time.

Seriously, why does anyone think any of these dickheads would spend MILLIONS (arguably, millions that aren't theirs) on a job that only pays about $500k a year? These guys get that much for playing with themselves for ten minutes.

It's all about control. That's why I just can't fathom even bothering to vote.

I think Einstein's definition of stupidity, doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result, sums it up nicely.

Look at India. They have had a long time to perfect government. Result.... nobody works poverty is widespread.

There is an even smaller group of uber rich at the top. Someone to meet you at the door with your slippers and pipe... etc.

That is what governments do, get bigger and make those at the top fatter.
Cheers
Al

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: April 14, 2012, 06:09:04 am »
I got a kick out of the Obama campaign's anti-Romney ad where they tried to paint the chameleon Romney as a conservative. LMFAO 

I've already made a small wager with a pessimistic bleeding heart liberal that Obama is going to win (unfortunately). I was right and she was wrong in our predictions for the last election and she hasn't learned her lesson. It would take some major problem like a big economic downturn or a major scandal for Romney to beat the incumbent. The election was already decided before it began.

The corporations don't care--most of them will be happy with either Obama or Romney, as both of them are in their pocket. The just want to make sure the gravy train keeps rollin'. Ron Paul was a threat to their gravy train, so they made sure the media first ignored and then hammered away at Ron.

I'll be voting for Ron Paul this year on principal if he's on the ballot, or whichever libertarian is on there. I'm sick of these damn Republocrats. Of course, the Republicans will whine and complain that we libertarian-leaning folks are wasting our votes. If you want our votes, then work to nominate someone who hasn't been bought and paid for, someone with libertarian-oriented principles.

There's still a chance that Romney could embrace a libertianish platform, but after many years of watching this dude in action, I do not trust him. He'll do whatever he thinks will be best for HIM, not the nation, and he'll keep his ear pricked to what the latest polls say.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 06:17:14 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

CitrusHigh

« Reply #702 on: April 14, 2012, 06:14:27 am »
Look at India. They have had a long time to perfect government. Result.... nobody works poverty is widespread.

There is an even smaller group of uber rich at the top. Someone to meet you at the door with your slippers and pipe... etc.

That is what governments do, get bigger and make those at the top fatter.

Yes, but most of India has always been poor. American's know what it's like to be comfortable and well off, by and large.

Offline gc

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: April 14, 2012, 01:21:29 pm »
lol I thought that was his definition of insanity?

Haha oops, yeah. I stand corrected.
insert signature here

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: April 15, 2012, 06:58:41 am »

The election was already decided before it began.

I concur.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline gc

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: April 15, 2012, 08:39:31 am »
It would take some major problem like a big economic downturn or a major scandal for Romney to beat the incumbent. The election was already decided before it began.

The second part I'm sure of, but the first I dunno. I've heard stories that $5 gas will be here this summer. How high that goes will probably tell us who's been picked. We'll see, I suppose.
insert signature here

CitrusHigh

« Reply #706 on: April 15, 2012, 09:35:47 am »
Yeah totally, has anyone else noticed that, like clockwork, gas prices seem to plummet leading up to elections?!?!

I know they're doing it, but I'd like to know by what mechanism. Supposedly the main factor in prices at the pump is inflation, so how does that work?

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: April 15, 2012, 12:36:22 pm »
If you have the time this movie/documentary is worth the watch. It's free

http://www.thrivemovement.com/home
Cheers
Al

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: April 15, 2012, 07:57:32 pm »
I didn't mean that some secret small elite conspiracy group has chosen Obama over Romney (I don't like the lazy, magical thinking that conspiracy theories often involve, and agree with Tyler about being skeptical of them), I meant a combination of other factors: the power of the incumbency is difficult to overcome, especially when people don't perceive that the economy is declining, and most of the politically active corporations would be relatively happy with either Obama or Romney and would be most upset with a victory by Ron Paul, who would try to cut off the gravy train, and thus Obama and Romney had the most money and party organization supporting their campaigns from the start. Thus Obama and Romney were the likely victors from the start and Obama has a significant edge over Romney.

Obama and Romney are two sides of the same coin (Robama?)--the false mirage of "choice" that big corporations and big government give us to make us feel like we have democracy. Big corporations, big politics, big gov't and big academia don't even need to conspire, because they have the same basic interest in not derailing the gravy train. I still intend to vote and encourage other Ron Paul supporters to do so, because one thing the establishment wants us to do is drop out and become total nonfactors.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: April 15, 2012, 08:29:00 pm »

Obama and Romney are two sides of the same coin (Robama?)--
Obamney : )
Cheers
Al

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: April 16, 2012, 01:59:06 am »
the power of the incumbency is difficult to overcome, especially when people don't perceive that the economy is declining, and most of the politically active corporations would be relatively happy with either Obama or Romney and would be most upset with a victory by Ron Paul, who would try to cut off the gravy train, and thus Obama and Romney had the most money and party organization supporting their campaigns from the start. Thus Obama and Romney were the likely victors from the start and Obama has a significant edge over Romney.

I concur with this as well.

It seems that if Obama can maintain the perception of a stabilizing economy (contrary to the reality) until the election, then he will win easily. Then once he has his second term the smoke screen will be lifted and we will be ushered into a new age of austerity .

Also, I hardly think its fanciful thinking to believe that the power elite don't favor Obama.

Since the times of the roman republic this type of favoritism existed. Romney is their number two choice.

Its up to the people to call out heads or tails.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: April 16, 2012, 06:08:30 am »
Some campaign slogans of Barack Obama (from http://www.afriprov.org/index.php/news-archive/443-campaign-slogans-of-barrack-obama-in-the-us.html):

2. “Change” versus “More of the Same”
3. "Vote for Change"
4. "Change We Can Believe In"
5. "Our Time for Change"
6. "It's about Time. It's about Change"
7. "Stand for Change"
8. "Organize for Change"
9. “We are the change we’ve been looking for. Change can’t happen without you.”
10. "I’m asking you to believe.  Not just in my ability to bring about real change in Washington. I'm asking you to believe in yours."
11. "A leader who can deliver change"
12. "Change in America doesn't start from the top down. It starts from the bottom up."
16. "A New Beginning"
20. " America , we cannot turn back. We cannot walk alone."
21. "We must pledge once more to walk into the future."

"Neomania - Excessive liking for Change/Newness" (http://pmohanchandran.wordpress.com/2008/07/27/manias)

"Our species suffers from a widespread condition that one might call neomania, the absurd fascination with new things and the belief that every innovation will completely transform the world." - John Bedell, http://www.bensozia.com/benideas/lewontin.html

Change/newness is so beloved in modern culture that the term neomania is almost unknown. Thanks to Nassim Taleb, I learned of it. I was unaware of it myself and had been looking for a term to describe this phenomenon. As with Nassim's coined term "antifragility," neomania describes a common phenomenon that is rarely if ever spoken of or even recognized. The Obama campaign has successfully exploited America's obsession with the allegedly "new and improved."

Another example of neomania in action was the early hype regarding the Segway:
“Segway will be to the car what the car was to the horse and buggy.” — Dean Kamen, quoted in Time on December 2, 2001

“If enough people see the machine you won’t have to convince them to architect cities around it. It’ll just happen.” — Steve Jobs, quoted in a book proposal

"IT, also code-named Ginger, is an invention developed by 49-year-old scientist Dean Kamen, and the subject of a planned book by journalist Steve Kemper. According to Kemper's proposal, IT will change the world, and is so extraordinary that it has drawn the attention of technology visionaries Jeff Bezos and Steve Jobs and the investment dollars of pre-eminent Silicon Valley venture capitalist John Doerr, among others."
IT - G.I.N.G.E.R - Architects Will Build Cities Around it - What Is 'IT'? by PJ Mark (original source: Inside.com) http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/secret_projects/project282.htm

"British police said Monday that the owner of the company that makes the Segway (James Heselden) was found dead after falling off a cliff … on a Segway."
From Hype to Disaster: Segway’s Timeline, September 27, 2010, 1:15 PM
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 06:52:50 am by PaleoPhil »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Ron Paul wins IOWA and MINESSOTA... msm reports...
« Reply #712 on: April 24, 2012, 11:42:02 pm »
RON PAUL just won IOWA after fraudulent vote counting were finally certified!
RON PAUL also wins MINNESOTA!
Hey, it is mainstream media reporting this. (msnbc)
Ron Paul 2012. Ron Paul for World Peace!

"I Think Ron Paul Just Won Iowa!" Rachel Maddow April 23, 2012
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 11:49:34 pm by TylerDurden »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: April 25, 2012, 12:03:39 am »
won't make any difference anyway.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: April 28, 2012, 09:41:14 am »
End the Neocons' hegemonic designs and dreams of endless war. Vote Ron Paul even if you must vote 3rd party to do so. Raise your middle finger to Robama.

Israel's Deputy PM admits Iran DIDN'T threaten to wipe Israel out

Warmongers who sold you the Iraq war are pushing for a war with Iran.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: April 28, 2012, 12:23:39 pm »
Let's close this thread and wish Paul a happy retirement.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #716 on: April 28, 2012, 11:51:36 pm »
Let's close this thread and wish Paul a happy retirement.

Ron Paul Wins 152 Delegates in Missouri after "they" tried to CHEAT him out of the caucus. Admirable. This is the fabled American democracy at work. Ron Paul is unbeatable in a transparent electoral process.

Ron Paul Picks Up Missouri Delegates After Caucus Chairman Arrested For Strong Arm Tactics

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Ron Paul wins IOWA, MINNESOTA and WASHINGTON
« Reply #717 on: April 28, 2012, 11:56:46 pm »
FOX News Admits Ron Paul Is Headed To Tampa Convention!

Ron Paul 2012 Wins Majority Of Washington Delegates To Convention, Other States Expected To Follow

Washington is now the third state, after Iowa and Minnesota, in which Ron Paul has locked up at least half of the state's nominating delegates. In order to be officially entered in nomination at the Tampa, Fla., convention, he needs to secure half or more of the delegates in five states, and as of Thursday, he looks poised to grab a majority of delegates in other states like North Dakota and Maine in coming weeks.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/333906/20120426/ron-paul-2012-delegates-news-romney-convention.htm

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #718 on: April 29, 2012, 01:27:17 am »
Ron Paul rallies much bigger than the establishment candidate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BpL6eQyXDs#!

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: April 29, 2012, 02:30:54 am »
And the enthusiasm for Ron Paul is enormously greater than that for Mitt Romney. Most folks who voted for Romney reported they did so because they thought he had the best chance to win, rather than because they were enthusiastic about him.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: April 29, 2012, 03:42:50 am »

he is going nowhere but retirement.  if you don't see that then you are totally blind.  give it another two months or even less and you'll see for yourself.

second, i suggest stopping countless youtube posts, it is nothing but preaching to the choir.  it looks like i'm the only one who sees Paul as a joke.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #721 on: April 29, 2012, 03:44:16 am »
he is going nowhere but retirement.  if you don't see that then you are totally blind.  give it another two months or even less and you'll see for yourself.

second, i suggest stopping countless youtube posts, it is nothing but preaching to the choir.  it looks like i'm the only one who sees Paul as a joke.
You are such a cheerless, little Philistine!
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: April 29, 2012, 05:56:46 am »
Well said Tyler!
Cheers
Al

CitrusHigh

« Reply #723 on: April 29, 2012, 06:26:36 am »
Oh, the people have spoken, maybe you should retire from this thread ys? Your broken record is spent, we get it, why are you here?

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: April 29, 2012, 11:30:45 am »
Oh, the people have spoken, maybe you should retire from this thread ys? Your broken record is spent, we get it, why are you here?

one of my first comments in this thread was Paul has no chance to get nominated.  it will be confirmed sometime in June or even late May.  so I'm not sure what broken record you are talking about.  if i'm wrong i'll be the first to admit.

i am here because i thought i might be debating with reasonable people.  but i think that might not be the case.

i will retire from this thread if you admit you are not willing to see the reality.  and the reality is candidates with radical ideas do not win presidential elections, ever.  just like a communist will never get elected.  that little buzz that Paul generated will be dissipated when he goes away.  you would think the movement would continue to grow.  but with no one as polarizing as Paul to fill his shoes all the hype will be totally gone.  it took him decades to be where he is right now.  he has no replacement to continue leading his movement.  so far his son does not publicly share most of his views.

just tell me you want to keep preaching to the choir and i will leave this thread alone.  reasonable people do not preach to themselves.

i'm not sure who is little Philistine.  but cheerless, yes.  i will never cheer for a politician.  i might like some of them better than others.  but cheering? no.  let utopian fanatics do the cheering.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk