Author Topic: Ron Paul for President of the USA  (Read 228438 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Ron Paul for President of the USA
« Reply #725 on: April 29, 2012, 12:47:02 pm »
Come on guys... I appreciate YS the REALIST.

Yes the powers that be... the system has it all rigged in favor of their chosen Republican Stooge to battle with their equally Democrat Stooge so whoever wins whether Romney or Obama... it's more of the same.

But this time there is a chance with alternative internet news media and social networking vs MSM of TV and Radio and Newspapers.

A chance to break free from the establishment, for real change.

So first Ron Paul needs to win against all the cheating and the MSM blackout.

And if he wins... will he survive assassination before he is able to institute any real change?

---------

From my point of view in the Philippine Islands... we experienced change in 1986 when the our dictator Marcos was finally replaced.

The instruments were political rallies on the ground, word of mouth, guerrilla mobile radio stations, battle for TV control, independent newspapers, convincing the MILITARY that we have had enough of the dictatorship.

If the USA military will step up to the plate... we will see a conclusion of the American spring!

If a nationwide USA uprising happens, will American soldiers open fire at their own people?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #726 on: April 29, 2012, 04:38:21 pm »
Is it really freer in the Phillipines since Marcos?
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #727 on: April 29, 2012, 06:01:20 pm »
Is it really freer in the Phillipines since Marcos?

Yes. We are in fact much freer than Americans and Brits.

We don't have government social safety nets like EBT cards or unemployment benefits... so we are also free to starve to death as well.  But yes we are very very much free.

Our neighboring countries call us Demo-Crazy.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #728 on: April 29, 2012, 06:04:24 pm »
Except that I note that the Phillipines is listed as being the most corrupt nation, among East Asian nations.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #729 on: April 29, 2012, 06:12:02 pm »
Except that I note that the Phillipines is listed as being the most corrupt nation, among East Asian nations.

That's part of freedom too.

Government worker salaries are very low.  It's not possible to live on such a salary without extra monetary sources.

An example of corruption is with customs.  They may call a regular package importer.  Calculate the actual duties.  Then give you a big discount.  You pay in cash.  They don't give you a receipt.  You get your package.  You get a discount something like $20 discount.  Petty stuff.

It's the big stuff that the watchdog media hound.  Not even the president and his or her minions are above the public inquiries.  We booted out Pres Joseph Estrada and jailed him for massive corruption.  Being on the take of illegal gambling... and manipulating social security funds to invest in non blue chip stocks of his friend.

I've visited Indonesia.  And know Filipinos who worked in Indonesia.  The amount of corruption is lots lots more than the Philippines.

There's more corruption in the powers that be in the USA with the military industrial complex, their pharma crap, AMA / medical crap, FDA, GMO stuff, their banking system, the petro-dollar scheme. Tons more money there.  Makes me wish how to tap into such large scale corruption, just a small piece please.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 06:30:22 pm by goodsamaritan »

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: April 29, 2012, 09:13:38 pm »
That's part of freedom too.

Government worker salaries are very low.  It's not possible to live on such a salary without extra monetary sources.

An example of corruption is with customs.  They may call a regular package importer.  Calculate the actual duties.  Then give you a big discount.  You pay in cash.  They don't give you a receipt.  You get your package.  You get a discount something like $20 discount.  Petty stuff.

It's the big stuff that the watchdog media hound.  Not even the president and his or her minions are above the public inquiries.  We booted out Pres Joseph Estrada and jailed him for massive corruption.  Being on the take of illegal gambling... and manipulating social security funds to invest in non blue chip stocks of his friend.

I've visited Indonesia.  And know Filipinos who worked in Indonesia.  The amount of corruption is lots lots more than the Philippines.

There's more corruption in the powers that be in the USA with the military industrial complex, their pharma crap, AMA / medical crap, FDA, GMO stuff, their banking system, the petro-dollar scheme. Tons more money there.  Makes me wish how to tap into such large scale corruption, just a small piece please.
I have never studied the situation in your country, but I cannot imagine it being any worse than the US.
Cheers
Al

CitrusHigh

« Reply #731 on: April 29, 2012, 09:28:34 pm »
You are not debating though ys, you're just repeating yourself over and over. Debating is cool, redundancy not as much, at all.

I'd also have to agree with GS about countries like his being freer. But the catch 22 is that it's hard to make a decent living in those countries. However if you were to make money in a country like the US with (decreasingly all the time) better opportunities financially, then you could move to one of these other countries that are politically freer and get the best of both worlds. That's actually kinda my plan, unless the US crumbles before I can get out of here, in which case I guess I'll have to stay and fight.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: April 29, 2012, 10:13:12 pm »
GS,

Here in Canada as in the US, corruption is legalized through institutions like Health Canada (FDA equivalent and FDA rubber stamp), Bank of Canada (Federal Reserve equivalent and FR rubber stamp) etc.

The only difference is that the US agencies make up the corruption first and then the  Canadian agencies rewrite the BS and put the Queen's name at the top of the document, so as to justify the government's existence and federal employees jobs here in Ottawa.

Only a corrupt government would prevent a harmless herbal mixture coming from India from smoothly arriving at my doorstep, in one continuous arc. Instead it is warehoused for almost exactly one month in Toronto, while it is verified as being a non-dangerous substance,  l) every time.

Yet if I pay an extra 20 dollars for a courier company like the Germany courier DHL, it gets straight to my house with no stopping at the jailhose for 30 days.

So GS, the corruption is just at a higher level. I pay an extra 20 dollars, but I pay it to a company who somehow knows the game of corruption a bit better. I have complained to my Member of Parliament about this a number of times and he seems to be powerless to stop it.

So why, you ask, would someone want to prevent or slow me down from getting these herbal mixtures?

The pharmaceutical industry has taken many swipes at the herbal industry as they see it as a major threat. Every couple of  years they try to illegalize the purchase of any herbs. They gradually succeed and have worn down people and prevented the promulgation of many things that people find useful because it cuts down on their trafficking of drugs.

So sorry Tyler but the corruption in the Philippines is no different than in first world countries, at least not in Canada and the US.

It is just codified here. Same S*^t different toilet.

A while back I got a Youtube of a guy (Naturopath) in British Columbia (Canadian province) who had his civil rights suspended while Health Canada broke in forced his family to remain in the living room all day (12 hours) while they searched for herbs. Nobody could make this stuff up. Except the folks at Big Pharma.

PART 1 - Naturopathic Doctor Raided by Health Canada and RCMP
Cheers
Al

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: April 29, 2012, 10:42:01 pm »
one of my first comments in this thread was Paul has no chance to get nominated.
YS, you appear to be rehashing your same standard point that also is the standard Republican establishment argument, that people should hold their noses and support the candidate who has the best chance to win, whereas supporting Ron Paul and the policies he is promoting is a waste of time because RP cannot win the nomination, regardless of whether Paul's views and policies would actually be better for the country. I already countered that early in the thread:
Even if Ron Paul doesn't win the presidency or the primary, if he gets significant support from the people, the Republican Party will have to start taking Libertarian voters and libertarian views seriously. Both money and votes talk. Don't be afraid to vote your conscience. http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/off-topic/ron-paul-for-president-of-the-usa/msg75872/#msg75872
And why has Romney had the best chance to win from the start? Because he has the financial and network support of the Republican establishment, of course. So voting for him because he has the best chance amounts to rubber-stamping the choice of the establishment; a coronation of a king. If we abandon our principles to support the best-funded candidate, then the establishment will be able to ignore our principles even more and we will deserve what we get. Revolutions don't often win quick, easy victories. They usually take many years to build and establish.

---*---

Nassim Taleb posted his main political principles that led him to work to support the Ron Paul campaign:
My PRINCIPLES 1. skin in the game 2. anti-interventionism by Fragilistas, 3. anti-militarism, 4. Decentralization (size effects), 5. Avoiding bureaucrats and empty suits having too much power over citizens, 6. anti-deficits (coming from bureaucrats), 7. some SCRUTINY of the Fed and its ability to play with money for the benefit of bankers, 8. Liberty.
IN SHORT: an anti-fragile system.

~ Nassim Taleb, http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nassim-Nicholas-Taleb/13012333374
Taleb's views on defense seem to be basically in favor of defending the nation (such as the homeland of the USA) or city-state and against foreign interventionism, nation building and supporting dictators "for the sake of stability." He warns against a bias toward intervention in general (http://aeroculus.blogspot.com/2011/07/intervention-bias-from-nassim-taleb.html).

These principles tie into Frederic Bastiat's warnings about the seen and the unseen and the related warnings of Henry Hazlitt, Karl Popper and others about unintended consequences.
"The discussion of the seen and the unseen by Bastiat and Hazlitt was part of a broader set of fallacies that fails to distinguish short-run effects from long-run effects, the effects on one part of the economy vs. the whole economy, and the unintended consequences of an action as well as the intended consequences. These concepts are critical to clear thinking about alternatives in economics and in life. In fact, I think a good definition of economics might be the study of unintended consequences." ~ Bob McTeer, http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/10/15/the-seen-and-the-unseen-and-fed-policy/
In his essay "What We See and What We Don't See," Bastiat offered the following idea; we can see what governments do, and therefore sing their praises - but we do not see the alternative.  But there is an alternative; it is less obvious and remains unseen. 

Recall the confirmation fallacy: governments are great at telling you what they did, but not what they did not do.  In fact, they engage in what could be labeled as phony "philanthropy", the activity of helping people in a visible and sensational way without taking into account the unseen cemetery of invisible consequences. ~ Nassim Taleb, The Black Swan
government interventions are laden with unintended—and unforeseen—consequences, particularly in complex systems, so humans must work with nature by tolerating systems that absorb human imperfections rather than seek to change them. ~ Nassim Taleb, The Black Swan of Cairo, http://fooledbyrandomness.com/ForeignAffairs.pdf
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

CitrusHigh

« Reply #735 on: April 29, 2012, 10:54:34 pm »
Holy shite Al, I kept scrolling down expecting the next video to be the last and it kept on going....! lol that was a lot o' linkage.

What do you use herbs for? You don't feel like RVAF eating gives you what you need or? Have you tried to grow any? I'd love to grow exotic herbs and I'm thinking about a potted fig tree for outside here during the summer and then bring inside during the winter. Would probably do the same with exotic herbs, nothing like growing your own!

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: April 29, 2012, 11:08:39 pm »
Holy shite Al, I kept scrolling down expecting the next video to be the last and it kept on going....! lol that was a lot o' linkage.

What do you use herbs for? You don't feel like RVAF eating gives you what you need or? Have you tried to grow any? I'd love to grow exotic herbs and I'm thinking about a potted fig tree for outside here during the summer and then bring inside during the winter. Would probably do the same with exotic herbs, nothing like growing your own!
LOL, excellent reply!!!

My point was that Canada ain't no hotbed of freedom and 'power to the people'.

I used to be a herbalist type-a-guy, but I've seen the raw light. 
Om Namaha raw diet,
Om Namaha raw foods.... LOL

I do have one vestige of cooked foods which is a herbal mixture that is very good. I will not say it's name as I am not interested in selling it or promoting anything. But I know that it does a great job of providing me with nutrition that is useful, because when I stop consuming it, my immunity seems to very gradually go down a peg or two. It has been extensively studied in a  book by an Allopathic/Ayurvedic physician.

I agree that growing your own is the penultimate.
Cheers
Al

CitrusHigh

« Reply #737 on: April 29, 2012, 11:25:22 pm »
I totally agree with you, I nibble on wild herbs out in the field while shepherding the cows and seems like even that small bit of bitters and different wild phytochemical magic has a noticeable effect.
What concerns me is if Paul did win but then turned out to be no different than business as usual. You expect it from every single other candidate, but if Paul were to get in you'd expect some real. swift. sweeping. changes. If that didn't happen it would probably be the last straw for me and I'd just be waiting for the revolution,....or start it myself.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: April 30, 2012, 12:11:29 am »
This election has been rediculous. With the media completely ignoring ron paul. Varirous presidents flip flopping on issues. It's rediculous.

I'm all for Ron Paul. He makes sense. The constitution really is awesome, and he supports it 100%.

Personally, I don't think Ron Paul would get assassinated. That would cause the most massive revolution here in America.

People are already pissed off as it is.

Students can't get jobs. "Anonomous" is doing all kinds of stuff (last I checked, I haven't been watching the news).

Military is fed up too. No one wants to keep fighting.

I'd love to see the military protest fighting. Literally just say they refuse to fight and abandon America's mission to make one global government that likely abandons the constitution all together.

The fact is it's clear what America's doing. Putting bases everywhere. Mettling in everyone's affairs. Personally I think the reasoning is to eventually get one world government. It's some New World Order conspiracy, but it seems like it.

What's really interesting is that Ron Paul has called what will happen for the last say 30 years.

Last election they mocked him. Now he has what seems like the most supporters.

Hed have more if the news would actually cover the guy. But they mainly flat out ignore him.

I'd hate to have another 4 years of Obama. Or any other candidate. They're war monglers, they just invade places and send our citizens to fight pointless battles.

The middle class really is getting a lot poorer here. My older brother can't even get a job with his degree, and he's stuck paying thousands of dollars in loans.

Ron Paul, even if not elected. Has shed light on issues most people weren't even aware of. He's already changed Americans point of view on a lot of topics.

I'm all for a Ron Paul presidency. But it's obvious those in power are totally against it cause it'll take away control from big government.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Rawr

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: April 30, 2012, 01:04:40 am »
My older brother can't even get a job with his degree, and he's stuck paying thousands of dollars in loans.

Does he still live with your parents? If he doesn't officially own anything "big" he might be able to get rid of the loan through declaring a bankruptcy.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: April 30, 2012, 01:22:58 am »
Thanks for the advice.

No he lives somewhere else, and has a decent job. Just not with the degree he has.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline gc

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: April 30, 2012, 08:08:23 am »
Does he still live with your parents? If he doesn't officially own anything "big" he might be able to get rid of the loan through declaring a bankruptcy.

Gubmint-backed student loans (Sallie Mae) are exempt from bankruptcy proceedings. You can't bankrupt them away, no matter what you do or don't own. I'm in the hole almost $40k and I don't even have a degree to show for it.
insert signature here

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Ron Paul for President in LOUISIANA !
« Reply #742 on: April 30, 2012, 09:03:53 am »
LOUISIANA

Ron Paul is on a roll! Ron Paul for President of the USA.

At the Saturday District Convention, Ron Paul 111 of the 150 delegates who will go to the State Convention. He won 61 of the 72 alternates.

This guarantees a majority of Ron Paul delegates from Louisiana in Tampa. Mark another state for RP.

FFw/JB (4/28/2012): Ron Paul wins Louisiana Caucus!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 09:20:43 am by goodsamaritan »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Ron Paul for President ALASKA delegates boo
« Reply #743 on: April 30, 2012, 09:41:47 am »
Wanna know what happens when a senator endorses Romney at the Alaska State Convention? [HD]

April 27, 2012. Alaskan Delegates show it's time for state senator to get with the program after he says ".....I have endorsed and will continue to work for the election of Mitt Romney for President of the United States."

------

"As people have seen me say for months .. start booing all these people whenever and wherever they appear. Booing is one of the most powerful ways of letting them and others know how you feel and that they can join in too. Boo them off every stage they show up on. Boo them at every sporting event they appear. Keep booing them and others will see that they are the crooks, criminals and liars."

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: April 30, 2012, 10:29:27 am »
I'd also have to agree with GS about countries like his being freer.

you have to go there and see for yourself.  i've been there twice and i'll tell you freedom is a very relative term.  it appears to be more free.  but in reality if you lift the crust it is all rotten underneath.  the ONLY reason why they don't have services and regulations is because they CANNOT AFFORD IT.  they cannot afford to regulate a simple auto exhaust emissions and as a result breathing black and blue fumes around the clock. in a village it is not that apparent but in a city it stinks big time.

and the corruption is through the roof especially in the provinces. and i'm not even talking about Mindanao province where they behead foreigners and locals.  the so called freedom in Philippines is so bad millions of them ditching this freedom every year.

Philippines is a typical third world country.  if you have enough money you can have a very decent living in a good place surrounded with maids and then some.  but for most of the locals it just sucks.  most don't give a rat's ass about freedom because quality of life stinks.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: April 30, 2012, 11:07:21 am »
You are not debating though ys, you're just repeating yourself over and over. Debating is cool, redundancy not as much, at all.

ha, you know, i can say that same thing about redundancy.  i see 'Hail Ron Paul' non stop as if no one is aware what is coming.  and if all of you are passionate about libertarian ideas why don't you debate how to reasonably achieve them.  Ron Paul said this, Ron Paul said that, to you he may sound nice and all but without delivering any of his ideas he is just an empty talk.

if you look back at the last 3 presidential elections you'll see that most voters are somewhat evenly split between Democrats and Republicans.  most voters are Independents who lean either way depending on the state of the economy.  there is simply no room for radicals, no matter who they are, libertarian, green, communist, etc.

if you want libertarian ideas move forward it has to start from the ground up.  a county or a state with a proven record.  there must be a libertarian success story to build upon.

S, you appear to be rehashing your same standard point that also is the standard Republican establishment argument, that people should hold their noses and support the candidate who has the best chance to win, whereas supporting Ron Paul and the policies he is promoting is a waste of time because RP cannot win the nomination, regardless of whether Paul's views and policies would actually be better for the country. I already countered that early in the thread:

the establishment will continue to ignore Paul because his hype has not materialized into significant amount of votes.  in other words he does not matter.  and what do you think will happen after he is gone? who will pick up the load?

for the record i do not like any of the candidates.  from the lineup my preference would be Cain, then Santorum.  i would like for Wisconsin's Walker to run someday or Jindal.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #746 on: April 30, 2012, 12:37:11 pm »
Lol, the thread is about Ron Paul, where the hell else would we go to say 'ron paul said this' or 'this is what ron paul's up to'

Just admit it, you're trolling because you're trolling.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #747 on: April 30, 2012, 06:47:58 pm »

found on Rense.com

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: April 30, 2012, 07:17:49 pm »
ha, you know, i can say that same thing about redundancy.  i see 'Hail Ron Paul' non stop as if no one is aware what is coming.
That's a non sequitur. Just because people hail Ron Paul doesn't necessarily mean they aren't aware that he is not likely to win. I am well aware that he isn't likely to win. I'll base my votes on the principles and policies the candidates espouse rather than the betting odds or joining the bandwagon. The odds are stacked against Romney too and the incumbent, Obama, is the most likely overall victor unless the economy takes a major turn for the worse before the election, but that doesn't mean I should vote for him.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: May 01, 2012, 12:17:52 am »
I would have the best orgasm if Ron Paul were elected.

As would I lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk