Author Topic: My tooth  (Read 12195 times)

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
My tooth
« on: October 02, 2008, 07:05:15 am »
when I was 25 years old I finally got my first filling, I was in my last year of uni doing what everyone else was doing going to parties and drinking too much. The tooth in front of my canine started to crumble leaving a hole right up into my gums and I was missing a chunk of my tooth. I could stick my tongue in it.

It was painful and went to the dentist, he said it was close to the nerve and I would need root canal. He fixed it up and said 'I'll be seeing you soon!' Shit!  I thought.

Over the years it started to crumble away again, the filling fell out and the canine next to it where they began to turn yellow where they joined and I could see a hole now between the two teeth now, the pain was intermittent but not bad enough to get root canal!

2 years later, there is now no filling, no hole, the tooth that had lost the section has filled in and smoothed over and the decaying canine is white. I should go to the dentist to see what he says, maybe even print my records for proof?

It slowly got better when I was eating RVAF but it has been the last 4 months of the 99% raw carnivore diet which has really sealed the deal ;D

« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 07:27:57 am by wodgina6722 »
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: My tooth
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 07:39:24 am »
Way to go! :D

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 12:51:01 pm »
Andrew,
I'm impressed.  This seems to support my experience of increased bone density revealed in routine dental x-rays.  The amazing thing is that your average dentist will tell you that this is not possible. 

Lex

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 01:21:42 pm »
Andrew,
I'm impressed.  This seems to support my experience of increased bone density revealed in routine dental x-rays.  The amazing thing is that your average dentist will tell you that this is not possible. 

Lex

This was a fairly decent cavity which started to effect the tooth next to it and Yes, if this kind of healing can occur in teeth imagine how well it works on your  bones! It takes a long time eating raw meats but raw carnivore really speeds up the process. Raw carnivore must change your saliva to help heal plus the amount of mnerals/protein/fat + Azomite I'm getting.

Also over the last few yeahs fat has been stuck in the cavity and I just left it. I wonder if this was part of the process.

Unfortunatley most dentists are like most doctors...

ps. I should add that my gums are pink (instead of read)  and don't bleed anymore even with rough brushing (tried last night)

Albert Camus

Offline seesawsemiology

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 01:42:06 pm »
incredible story! ive heard about extreme tooth regeneration on raf diet but i couldnt quite subscribe to it, its exciting to hear a personal account.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 05:53:27 pm »
This deserves detailed documentation!
Must secure all records.
Must show the whole world tooth decay can be reversed.
There is a book called Cure Tooth Decay, the author is weston price based.
Maybe you can exemplify that raw weston price is even better.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Satya

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 09:17:11 pm »
That's great, Andrew.  I have a hole in one tooth, and it's good to know that there is hope for remineralization.

I'm with Edwin.  How about some photos?

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 09:33:54 pm »
That's great, Andrew.  I have a hole in one tooth, and it's good to know that there is hope for remineralization.

I'm with Edwin.  How about some photos?

I've been remineralizing for a while (years)  I'm sure I posted something on Yahoo a while ago but the last 4 months have really done it. I can try the photo's but that might be difficult to get in there? (mirror maybe?) I'll give it a shot.

Going to the dentist is the best way, he's going to think I'm weird asking for photocopies etc it all should be on record shouldn't it? I haven't been to the (or any) dentist for 5 years.

My advice raw meat+fat+azomite and let it get stuck in your teeth.

Albert Camus

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 11:35:54 pm »
This is what I came up regarding azomite http://azomite.com

How did you use azomite?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline prehistorik

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 07:33:22 pm »
wodgina6722,

I very much hope this to be true, but as far as I know, only the cementum has the ability to regenerate itself.  The ability to regenerate other parts of teeth is lost when the teeth are formed.  If it is possible to regrow teeth, that would be a nice bonus, but I am not counting on it.  By eating well, I just hope at least to retain all my teeth in current condition, until scientists invent a way to clone teeth and/or enamel from wisdom teeth stem cells.  They have already succeeded doing so in rats and pigs, so human should be a matter of time:
http://www.cloningresources.com/Research/Scientists_Re-grow_Dental_Enamel_From_Cultured_Cells.asp

Perhaps a stupid question, but are you sure this is not a layer of calculus/tartar stuck in the cavity?  Calculus is hard and can have a color similar to enamel.  You mentioned you leave the fat stuck in your teeth, so does that mean you do not clean your teeth?  Also, how long have you been eating RVAF and how long azomite?

I noticed something while eating a tender juicy steak the other day.  That sometimes, just sometimes, if you chew slowly and thoughtfully enough, you can almost taste the cow's soul.

Offline prehistorik

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 08:04:25 pm »

Do you mean actual increase in bone level (bone height), or just bone weight?  Both would indeed by impossible by normal standards, (the latter in any case decreases after the age of 35), but the first would be truly miraculous. 

Could you also tell some more about your recovery from advanced periodontitis?  You said you first had receding gums and bone loss, and then a return of solid pink gums, so does "return" also include a reattachment of your gums to their original level (or even partial reversal of your recessions), or did you just mean their color/health?  Did you have diastemata?
I noticed something while eating a tender juicy steak the other day.  That sometimes, just sometimes, if you chew slowly and thoughtfully enough, you can almost taste the cow's soul.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 10:47:07 am »
I would be very interested to know this too. My dentist wants me to get a second gum graft (the first one failed when I was still eating fruits, nightshades and winter squashes, resulting in a second collapse of the gum that the graft attempted to fix). Could it be that I might not need the surgery?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2009, 02:58:46 am »
I think Weston A. Price reported seeing teeth cavities that had self-filled, self-healed, after the persons were forced to return to their ancestral diet after the shipping connection with the outside world was abandoned. I couldn't believe that. But your report seems to validate Weston Price's account ! 

Francois
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline phatdave

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2009, 08:33:07 am »
I'm looking forward to Lex's bone tests, those should be interesting. I don't have any experience of such radical 'healing/remineralisation' but I had 2 tiny holes and 1 medium holes in teeth after eating loads of fruit during my vegan 6 month experiment. I found raw fats really helped, but also low carb. I no longer have any sensitivity, only when I experiment with a fair ammount of fruit/honey. I think the lower the carbs the better maybe. I also think that fat might have the added bonus of killing bacteria maybe in the mouth? This is guess work, but i briefly read about 'oil pulling' and the effects other oils/fats had (supposedily) on mouth bacteria.

Who knows the exact science, but by all accounts raw fat seems to be a great thing for teeth.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2009, 09:31:18 am »
BTW, I believe I've mentioned it elsewhere, but I'll mention it here too. I can personally confirm the experience of Wodgina and Lex: I have a hole in one tooth that used to be pretty gaping, but has slowly been filling in since I went near-carnivore. Plus, it used to be very painful unless I used Px strength fluoride regularly. Now there is no pain and I don't need the Px fluoride at all anymore! Also, my loose teeth all firmed up and no longer wiggle--just like Lex's teeth.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk