Author Topic: cost of Raw Paleo, and nutrient diveristy - advice please..  (Read 2760 times)

Offline stringchopper

• Forager
    • View Profile
cost of Raw Paleo, and nutrient diveristy - advice please..
« on: October 11, 2011, 11:39:22 pm »
Hi,

I know my question will have subjective answers, but I would like to know what to expect in terms of cost when I switch to a raw paleo diet.  Naturally, I want enough variety in meats, organs, fats, etc. to meet my nutritional and health needs.

Assuming I can't find a local farm, I'll order online from a place like Slankers.  I can see prices plainly enough at Slankers website, but I have no idea what I need to eat and how often I need to eat it.  For example, how often should I eat liver? or kidneys? or heart? 

I'm 42 year-old male, almost 6'3", and currently weigh 204 pounds.  At a trim weight (but not sickly), I would be around 180 or 175, so I suppose I would need to eat enough to maintain a 175 or 180-pound body. (I'm not very muscular, so 204 pounds, for me, is FAT).

How many pounds of what kinds of meat should I eat, on average?  (I prefer beef or perhaps lamb to start with - not interested in seafood, chicken, pork)

And how much will that cost, on average, in your own experience?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk