Author Topic: time of day and your digestion  (Read 3937 times)

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
time of day and your digestion
« on: May 26, 2009, 08:33:03 pm »
Do you notice any correlation between the time of day and quality of your digestive capabilities?

Also, what determines the timing of your meal(s)?... the clock, your schedule, true hunger only?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: time of day and your digestion
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 11:32:23 pm »
Do you notice any correlation between the time of day and quality of your digestive capabilities?

Also, what determines the timing of your meal(s)?... the clock, your schedule, true hunger only?

I find I do very badly indeed if I eat in the mornings. Should I do so, I tehn tend to feel fatigued the whole of the rest of the day. Eating in the afternoons and evenings is no problem, however, and I become fully energised from (raw) food, then.

For me, eating in the evenings on weekdays and afternoons in weekends makes sense to me given my schedule(eating raw meat in public at noon, is, after all, a no-no, here in the UK!). I don't always eat my 1 large meal every single day, so, if I'm not particularly hungry one day, I'll skip till the next day.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Guittarman03

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 09:51:09 am »
The only thing that seems to determine my optimal digestive capability is hunger.  Thus, I only eat when definitely hungry.  Sometimes this is at 9 in the morning, sometimes I won't eat till evening.  Usually it is in relation to work out intensity, and how many days in a row.  Also, I get more hungry when I've had less sleep, but I don't seem to digest as well.
When you consume an organism it loses individuality, but its biological life never ends.  Digestion is merely a transfer of its life to mine.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 12:48:55 pm »
I find I do very badly indeed if I eat in the mornings. Should I do so, I tehn tend to feel fatigued the whole of the rest of the day. Eating in the afternoons and evenings is no problem, however, and I become fully energised from (raw) food, then.
I feel similar about this -
eating in the morning (esp. after getting up) has always been problem for me, as I felt heaviness on my stomach afterwards
eating in the afternoons and evenings is simply the best time for me to eat
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 01:43:41 pm by Hannibal »
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk