Author Topic: Pure Sprouted Wheat Bread?  (Read 11252 times)

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Pure Sprouted Wheat Bread?
« on: August 18, 2011, 03:39:01 am »
Anyone knows anything about it?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Pure Sprouted Wheat Bread?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 03:44:13 am »
This ought to go in hot topics forum. Moved there now.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 03:45:07 am »
This ought to go in hot topics forum. Moved there now.

Alright man its ok I just want to know about this bread more how bad/good is for health..
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 03:45:36 am by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 03:52:21 am »
Personally, I would avoid it. I think some sprouts are fine such as water-cress, but am doubtful of bread sprouts, alfalfa and others. I used to eat lots of water-cress  as I needed it on previous raw vegan/fruitarian diets an, but never felt the need once I went rawpalaeo, I just used up my last batch within months of going rawpalaeo. I think they are only useful if you're not taking in enough enzymes, such as when on a partially-cooked diet, or, nutrient-wise, if one only has access to low-quality raw, grainfed meats.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 04:40:04 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 04:08:02 am »
It’s very good for health, especially in case you’re starving to death: it can then save your life.   ;D
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 04:39:09 am by TylerDurden »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 05:10:29 am »
It’s very good for health, especially in case you’re starving to death: it can then save your life.   ;D

Iguana you're a hoot!  :D

If you are going to eat bread at all (to save yourself from starvation for instance hee hee) the best would be sprouted, long-ferment sourdough. I used to get/make this for family members who just wouldn't give up bread. The sprouting gets rid of anti-nutrients and the long-fermentation turns a great deal of the sugars into bacteria which increases the protein content and reduces the sugars dramatically and the gluten is reduced to almost zero if fermented long enough.

But Dude - you don't need it at all! There are so many better choices. At least in America you would be better off eating weeds from the park if you are starving. If you can't give up cracker/bread-like things they can be made from soaked nuts/seeds/sprouts in a dehydrator and then at least you would still be getting enzymes. Even that is too complicated though and not ideal. If you just don't eat such things for awhile you'll likely not miss them and your body will probably be grateful.

The bread hierarchy of damage as I see it:
Best choice by a long shot - go paleo - no grains.
Second best - dehydrate nut/veggie/seed breads - need devices so not really paleo - but uses paleo ingredients.
Third best - sprouted essene breads made with grains at very low temperatures.
Fourth best - long ferment sourdough which was how our ancestors made bread so as to make it more digestible.
Fifth best - whole cooked grains.

Grains are addicting though because of how they affect blood sugars and some times the only way to get over an addiction for some people is to go cold turkey.... and others are better going step by step eating better and better renditions and scaling back slowly.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 08:35:22 pm »
I sometimes eat Ezekiel low sodium sprouted whole wheat bread, very lightly toasted (like 10 seconds, just enough to warm it when it's fresh out of the fridge) and smothered in trader joe's unsalted organic peanut butter (which has no salt or oil, just pure peanuts), some low-quality raw honey, and raw cinnamon sprinkled on top as a treat.  It doesn't seem to affect me too badly, but I know it's not as good for me as my raw beef stuff, or even my raw fruits or my raw dairy.  But I know it's definitely better for me than other regular breads, because whenever I ate pizza at my work after I'd been eating raw for a while, it would make me feel bloated and sick and terrible.  I don't eat pizza from work anymore, but I can still eat the toast and feel fine.

Bread is best to be avoided altogether though, any bread. 
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 09:14:06 am »
Put me on the don't eat bread team......... but I do cheat a bit.  ;D
Cheers
Al

Offline klowcarb

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 09:31:47 am »
Anyone knows anything about it?

Not a food.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2011, 09:57:33 am »
I have done all kinds of sprouting in my life including whole grain sprouted bread. Doesn't help that my friend. Of course, it's better than junk food and I never consumed junk in my life. No more bread or rice for me -v
bugs or country chickens

Offline nicole

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2011, 11:18:02 am »
gluten and soy products are the two things i avoid the very most.
Give it to us raw, and wriggling. You keep nasty chips.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk