Author Topic: 20-month-old suckles on cow’s udder  (Read 5249 times)

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
20-month-old suckles on cow’s udder
« on: September 16, 2011, 12:50:52 am »
Cheers
Al

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: 20-month-old suckles on cow’s udder
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 08:21:58 am »
If we had children do that instead of bottle feeding them chemicals when mothers can't/won't breastfeed or the mother is fed worse than the cows - the children would be much better off!

Isn't it so weird that it's ok for an adult to grab a cows teets and pull and milk it and then drink the milk but not ok for a baby to go and suck on that very same teet when that's the food that the baby most needs? Adults don't have to have milk but that baby does.

Humans are incomprehensible to me sometimes.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 08:25:51 am »
Seemed like the news reporter was trying to make something sensational out of the story by adding the part about neighbours being upset.
Cheers
Al

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 08:41:44 am »
Do you think that's what it was - just the reporter being sensational? I wouldn't be surprised at all if a great many people got worked up about a toddler doing that.... as silly as that is. People do get worked up about the silliest things when it comes to food.  ;)

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 08:48:56 am »
I think there are a few different layers of truth and what you said is definitely one. The woman who was interviewed might have said that because she was caught like a deer in the headlights by having someone actually interested in hearing her opinion, or maybe she was high and mighty and was passing judgement on the child's parents who left their child in search of money, but she found a more subtle way of saying it.

We are all children really.

If that was my child I would be thrilled.
Cheers
Al

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 12:11:47 pm »
If that child's parents were as instinctive and smart as their child they might not have had to leave!  ;)

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 12:55:28 am »
    They're saying he doesn't have diahrea. I'm assuming that means he had diahrea before he starting suckling from the cow?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 03:16:19 am »
No, it just means he's not gotten ill from it.
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 06:06:00 am »
    Thank you, Miles :)  I wonder why they even mention it in that way.  Maybe they're trying to keep people from milk straight from animals or raw milk by implying it usually causes diahrea (which it never has in my family nor people I know irl).
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 07:02:16 am »
   They're saying he doesn't have diahrea. I'm assuming that means he had diahrea before he starting suckling from the cow?
In the beginning of the article it is mentioned that the child got ill after he stopped breastfeeding with his mother. It doesn't really connect the diarrhea but possibly the child had diahrea as part of that sickness and then subsequent to his consuming the cow's milk the illness (diarrhea) went away. My guess.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 04:42:41 pm by TylerDurden »
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk