Author Topic: Local Water Source  (Read 3735 times)

Offline Isthmus

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Local Water Source
« on: August 23, 2011, 02:49:38 am »
I currently reside in Hastings, East Sussex, UK. I want a clean source of natural water near by, but don't know how to go about finding one. What sorts of water sources are safe for drinking, and how do I go about locating one near to me. Google searching didn't turn up anything helpful for me, searching along the lines of "springs in East Sussex" etc.

Any advice or general discussion on this topic would be helpful.

Peace,
Isthmus

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Local Water Source
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 03:29:57 am »
The website www.findaspring.com is a good source for artesion spring water.

Offline Isthmus

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 07:52:26 pm »
Thanks for the link. It looks like a great resource, sadly there are none listed that near to me.

Offline Isthmus

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 08:29:18 pm »
Well I found a local water source. It was just by serendipity though, I happened to bump into someone at the right moment who could point me in the right direction.

I am interested to know what people on these forums do for water? Do you drink tap water, filtered water, bottled water or have somewhere you can gather water like a spring near by?

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 07:00:51 pm »
I used to have access to a spring with amazing water.

Now I have access to a tap  :P

I discovered a very nice filter recently that puts back some minerals  into the water and turns it more alkaline. Water tastes great. It's the one in the middle of the page... http://santevia.com/
Cheers
Al

Offline Neone

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 10:18:21 pm »
I have two 20Litre glass bottle/jug things that i invert onto a crock with  a tap on it for water. I just stop by streams that look good that are flowing through the area and fill them up there to take home.

Everybody is always telling me 'ZOMG's! there is all kinds of stuff in that water! you have to get it tested!!' and i laugh and say 'Well, if i drink the tap water I get the fluoride and chlorine, If i drink the bottled water I get the BHP(or whatever it is), and if i drink the stream water I get the parasites and farm runoff.'

So i take the parasites and farm runoff haha.
That's not paleo.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 10:38:42 pm »
I have two 20Litre glass bottle/jug things that i invert onto a crock with  a tap on it for water. I just stop by streams that look good that are flowing through the area and fill them up there to take home.

Everybody is always telling me 'ZOMG's! there is all kinds of stuff in that water! you have to get it tested!!' and i laugh and say 'Well, if i drink the tap water I get the fluoride and chlorine, If i drink the bottled water I get the BHP(or whatever it is), and if i drink the stream water I get the parasites and farm runoff.'

I've heard that nonsense before also neone. Take the parasites and runoff. At least it is fresh and oxygenated. I have the same crock and bottle and it is so good. I put stones of various kinds in the bottom of the crock to remineralize it when I used the Brita filter.
Cheers
Al

Offline Isthmus

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 08:40:49 pm »

Yeah. Today you'd have to be very lucky or go somewhere remote and special to find faultless water.

Everything my body tells me says that spring water is far superior to the alternatives, and that's about the best gauge I have.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk