Author Topic: share your favorite milkshake  (Read 6447 times)

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
share your favorite milkshake
« on: November 06, 2011, 05:35:16 am »
Please share your best milkshake recipes. I thought about posting it in the display cul creations section but since it involves dairy it would most likely be moved here so. Propably a real primal thing anyway
here are a few of my favorites
milk egg butter honey tomatoes
milk egg butter honey
milk berries
milk honey
raw real kefir berries
kefir eggs honey
milk butter pineapple
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: share your favorite milkshake
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 12:31:44 pm »
Quark
Fermented whey from making the quark
berries
banana makes it real creamy yum
a little flax seed oil (cuz of Johanna Budwig)
anything else that I want to hide in something that tastes too good to notice it.
Mix in blender
Mix in egg yolk gently after blend if in mood.

But alas - haven't had this in a long time because the fat of the milk smelled too much like plastic even though it was only in plastic a couple of hours. I miss it.

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 03:54:35 pm »
thats why i have a glass blender. I so hate that platic smell myself!

Flax seed oil in a milkshake? Yuk, to each his own i guess.

I've also made shakes from milk/kefir with marrow. My marrow is usually the dry pasty kind. makes it hard to eat stick to my mouth etc. This is a nice way to make ita whole lot more palatable.
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 04:55:18 pm »
    'Under-ripe' organic pineapple for the fruit.  Hemp oil instead of flax.  Fresh grass fed marrow for the fat.  Tasty :P -Thanks to my friend Barbara for sharing ideas.

"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 06:22:33 pm »
    'Under-ripe' organic pineapple for the fruit.  Hemp oil instead of flax.  Fresh grass fed marrow for the fat.  Tasty :P -Thanks to my friend Barbara for sharing ideas.
Sounds good! Though I've never tried hemp oil myself. I can imagine the taste is very strong?

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 06:26:14 pm »
I forgot one. Not the tastiest but the energy boost is something else..

raw milk
sprouts (usually lentils and mung beans)
goji berries
blue berries
VCO
Honey

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 11:58:50 pm »
I don't put enough flax oil in to even taste it - but when I put in the same amount of hemp oil it overwhelms the whole thing - blech.

The flax oil quark mix revived my dog from her death bed with cancer - so it's a wink and a nod to the genius and trust that she knew what she was talking about preferring flax to all other fat sources for the mix.

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 03:08:45 am »
What do you people think about goat milk?  It's the only milk I have access to in raw form.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 03:52:00 am »
The only thing I like from goat milk is feta cheese and chevre - but that's totally personal. It's just a matter of taste. Can't make butter from goat milk so that's a big downside imho. I also don't like kefir which so many love made from goat's milk. Milkshakes I think are the best way to use goat's milk because you can change the taste so easily adding things.

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 04:07:27 am »
What do you people think about goat milk?  It's the only milk I have access to in raw form.
supposedly goat milk is easier to digest. Don't know never had it. I have had and do like goat milk yoghurt. But that was pasteurised..

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 04:10:10 am »
I think why they probably say it's easier to digest is because goat's milk is naturally homogenized so doesn't necessitate the extraordinarily deleterious process of homogenization like people think that cow's milk does.

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 04:21:06 am »
I think why they probably say it's easier to digest is because goat's milk is naturally homogenized so doesn't necessitate the extraordinarily deleterious process of homogenization like people think that cow's milk does.
You really are a dairy fan arent you! Me too. Naturally homogenised does that mean that the fat globules are much smaller or that it has no globules and the fat is floating free in the milk? Must be why you cant make butter out of it.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 04:56:56 am »
I spent a year or more learning everything I could about raw dairy because I was a complete idiot about it H-I-R and I wanted to do the Budwig cure for my dog. It took such an intense concentrated effort and I felt a bit like Sherlock Holmes on an investigation to learn it  - all things that such a short time ago everyone knew automatically. I had to experiment a great deal. My raw eggs from my chickens and the dairy were my introduction to RAF after being a very long term vegan - mostly raw. I was excited to be able to get other raw foods having moved finally to a place where they could be available. If I had understood that grass-fed animals aren't tortured like the big cattle farmers do and that you could eat meat raw and it was actually good for us and better for the planet I might never have had to learn as much as I have about dairy. It did save my dog. She was sent home to die a few times over the last 5 years and in the process I became quite knowledgeable about dairy and cancer cures. The Budwig mixture brought her completely back from as close to death as a being can get without crossing over.

So, yes, the fat in goat milk is dispersed much more evenly because the fat globules are 1/5 the size of cow milk. They don't float to the top like in cow milk so you can't skim the cream off the top to make butter from. There is a certain kind of casein in goat milk that has less tension so makes a softer curd and supposedly then easier to be digested too.

But I really think that homogenization is a truly evil process that makes milk into some Frankenstein food. If you put side by side pasteurized/homogenized cow milk next to the only pasteurized goat milk there would be no competition which one would be healthier. It's much more debatable when it comes to the completely raw naturally fed milks I think. It often depends on the person. The bacteria that naturally occurs in cow milk and ferments so nicely and the fat made into butter can be extremely healing for some - especially with some diseases. The whey gotten in the process is the PERFECT protein to feed cancer patients because it lacks the amino acids that cancer cells need so if giving a diet meant to starve the cancer cells - it can be invaluable. That mixture of the quark, with the flax and the whey all being used in cancer patients can't be beat. Goats milk simply does not work the same way and does not have the same results as raw cow's milk products. If you aren't fighting cancer or cancer cells and have naturally fed goat's milk it could be better for many people though because of the casein difference, it is more alkaline generally and because the fat globules are smaller.

Oh - I could go on all day about dairy!  l)

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 10:35:23 am »
that was a very interesting post thanx. I did a bit of research myself and i wholeheartedly agree milk is being completely destroyed in homogenisation. My way to rpd was also through raw dairy. I read enzyme nutrition by Edward Howell and wanted to try a raw diet. I've always been a dairy fan but gave up milk because I read a lot about how its baby food etc. Howell is very positive about raw dairy because of its high lipase content. So i started to experiment with raw dairy. I immediatly noticed that raw dairy is something completely different than the stuff they sell in the supermarked. The next step was to start looking for the absurd id of eating raw meat! turns out there is a whole bunch of people out there eating raw meat and they even have a forum.

i have to do some reading on this budwig thing. very inspirering.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2011, 12:16:31 pm »
I read Howell's book a very long time ago H-I-R..... so long that I can barely remember anything in it, but it do remember that it was a fascinating read at the time.

It's funny how one thing can lead to the next isn't it? The internet has truly changed everything. There is now a forum for eating raw meat - who would have ever imagined?!
 :o

The American Budwig followers say that you can use cottage cheese from the store as did Budwig herself as it was the closest thing we had here because raw milk is largely illegal. I tried the cottage cheese on myself and it made me so sick that I didn't believe that it could work to heal anyone - especially my dog who was a raw foodist too. But when I figured out how to make the raw quark that Budwig would have used in Germany in the 1950's I was amazed how good I felt from it. The people that get cured using regular cottage cheese must have diets that are outrageously bad to begin with if that will help.

Enjoy researching - Johanna Budwig is a great story.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk