Author Topic: Luigi's journal  (Read 5642 times)

Offline igibike

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
Luigi's journal
« on: October 03, 2008, 02:58:53 am »
Briefly.

I practice sport since I was a child.

BMX: since age 9 to 14  I raced at a national level
Greco-Roman wrestling: fights at a national level since age 14 to 17 (I scored 3rd at the Italian championship)

Then a very bad accident at age 17 caused me to stop.
I broke my left arm nerves and now muscle are shrunken, I didn't recover all the arm movements (still have some free nerve root).

Then I picked up swimming, fitness and cycling at a recreational level.
In 2003 I started cycling more seriously.
Now I keep on swimming, training at the gym (this is good for my arm) and cycling.
At present:

every other Mondays: gym
every Tue, Wed and Thu: gym or swimming pool
Fri: off
Saturday and Sunday: cycling, usually on Sat a long ride, on Sunday a short ride

At the gym I do train arms abdomen and back plus some aerobic activity for the legs

Nutritionally I went thru:

- typical Mediterranean (pasta, veggies, fruits, olive oil, meat and fish) with no particular schemes
- in 2004 I started the zone diet (and went from 85 to 75 kg)
- in 2006 I moved to zone with paleo food (no milk, cereals, legumes nor their derivate) and finally reached cooked paleo (Cordain style)
- in autumn 2007 I started to cook less and less and reached a raw paleo style (and added raw animal fats)
- now I sometimes eat raw milk (and raw cheese/butter)

My typical days:

Mon-Fri:
7:45 wakeup and do some arms movements than breakfast: (1-2 glasses of vegetable juice, 25 grams raw butter, some fruit) + shake (3 raw eggs, 4 teaspoons grinded coconut, 30 grams of time released protein powder) + fish oil.
work (coffee break)
13 lunch: 1 bowl (it's small indeed) salad with tuna or roastbeef or carpaccio grind carrots and olives
work (coffee break)
18:30: gym training then a shake (200-300 grams of fruit juice and 10 grams of bcaa+g)
20:30 dinner: raw meat (usually calf heart) and some vegetables with lard here I eat till I'm sated. Typical quantities are 200-300 g of meat, 1 pepper and some salad leaves and 30 g of lard
23:00: if I feel the need some ice cream (not industrial one)

Sat:
same breakfast
long bike ride (4-5 hours) then bcaa+g and raw honey
lunch: recharge with potatoes or rice, butter and some raw meat
dinner: raw meat, veggies, lard

Sun:
Same breakfast
short bike ridesame post wo
lunch: raw meat, veggies, lard
dinner: raw meat, veggies, lard

This is what  I do usually in this period (fall 2008).
Of course sometime social occasions happen so I can't follow the plan.
In this cases, if possible, I aet cooked meat, raw veggies and olive oil.
Sometimes sweets happen (very rarely indeed, basically on social occasions or in he week end).

If someone wants to comment, is welcome.
Bye bye

Luigi

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Luigi's journal
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 06:01:14 am »
Hey there Luigi!

I notice that you say you sometimes eat potatoes or rice... you know that these are not paleo right? And definitely inedible when raw.
Do you think that some fruit perhaps would be better at those times?

Offline igibike

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 04:14:05 pm »
Hey there Luigi!

I notice that you say you sometimes eat potatoes or rice... you know that these are not paleo right? And definitely inedible when raw.
Do you think that some fruit perhaps would be better at those times?

Yes, I know it.
When I do I eat them cooked.
Fruits ? Them may work, but in order to do a propre recharge it should be eaten a big quantity of it.
I've noticed fruits doen't work as good as high IG food.
Bye bye

Luigi

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 08:39:06 am »
Ciao Luigi! Come stai? Ho vissuto in Milano per pochi mesi quasi dieci anni fa. Era uno delle migliori esperienze della mia vita! Solo è stato così molto tempo, dunque il mio italiano è terribile. ...

Offline igibike

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 07:45:26 pm »
Ciao Ioanna,

sto bene, anche se ultimamente ho poco tempo per scrivere nei forum.
Mi fa piacere che ti sia piaciuta Milano, hai visto altre parti dell'Italia ?
dove vivi negli USA ?
Io sono stato in California per 3 settimane in vacanza

A presto

translation for everybody:
I'm fine, even if presently I don't have much time to write in forums.
I'm glad you liked Milan, did you see any other italian place ?
where do you live in the USA ?
I have been in California for a 3 weeks holydays

bye
Bye bye

Luigi

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 03:41:24 am »
Ciao Luigi,

How was your vacation in California?  Right now I live about an hour south of D.C. What part of Italy are you from?  I can't wait to visit there again, I miss it so much!! I visited many places... major cities from Sicily to Milan.  I walked the path in Cinque Terra... have you been there?  I also very much liked Capri because I love the water!!  The only thing about the south is that I don't understand the accent and dialect.  In the north I understand everybody fine, just takes me forever to respond sometimes :S  I hope I have the opportunity sometime soon as it's been almost 8 years since I've taken a real vacation. I don't speak very well anymore, there are not many people here to talk to, but I try to read to keep some of my language skills.

Hope you are doing great!!!

due baci

Offline igibike

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 06:00:12 am »
Hi Ioanna,

our vacation in California has been simply great, me and my wife both liked the places very much (it would be great to go back to US).
I live in North side of Italy (near Bologna), the italian places you cited are very nice and peculiar.

Well, about the south, we too have problems in understanding what they say.

I believe it's easier to learn English that other languages, since songs, movies and other stuff is generally spoken in English.

At the moment I am fine.
About the diet I don't follow a strictly raw regime: when I can I eat raw meat and fat, sometimes I'm forced to rarely cook teh meat for social reasons. I eat some fruits as well (at breakfast, but not so much) and veggies (generally raw, but sometimes cooked as well).
Exceptions are made during and after workouts where I eat carbs and other non paleo foods to sustain the effort and to recover quickly.
I found this plan works very good for me.

Unfortunately I had a crash while going back home at the end of a bike worout, on Tuesday, and now I must recover. Nothing really dangerous, just some excoriations that give problems while dressing/undressing.

I had to stop calf heart because I couldn't stand it any longer, it disgusted me. Now my dinner meat is muscle, and seldom organs from various animals (I prefer to change meats rather than be disgusted again, it's horrible).

My breakfast juice is carrot made and even at breakfast I started rotating between eggs and raw burgers.
From the last year my weght raised about 5 kg, I don't understand yet if it's fat or not.

Anyway, I have to loose some waight because I will join a mountain race in summer, and need to have little weight to go fast on uphills.
Bye bye

Luigi

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 07:19:45 pm »

Offline igibike

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2009, 04:13:08 am »
Thank you, Nicola.

I know Angelo quite well.
We both write in an italian forum dedicated to sports and diet.
Bye bye

Luigi

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk