Author Topic: FAT: Suet/Tallow and Butter's place in Instincto  (Read 11649 times)

Offline PrimalPrime

• Forager
    • View Profile
FAT: Suet/Tallow and Butter's place in Instincto
« on: September 28, 2011, 07:58:20 am »
Hello all

I'm happy to be able to learn so much from this forum that I decided to join you guys to ask my own questions. Not to waste time:

1.  What is your reaction to eating butter mono(by itself)? Did you find it pleasing or was there any displeasure? What was your analysis?

2.  How about raw suet or animal tallow?
A) What was your reaction and analysis of your body?
B) What exactly did you eat(before-hand and after also) and how was your energy level?
C) How much did you eat? And if you do so currently, how much do you usually eat?

Thanks for the feedback

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: FAT: Suet/Tallow and Butter's place in Instincto
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 11:44:30 am »
Any fat by itself can be a little disgusting to taste.  But, if your body really needs it, it won't taste bad.

Not a big fan of suet/tallow, raw or cooked.  They don't taste so great.

I generally only eat my fats with other foods.  Fat in general evens out my energy and mood, keeps me from having large ups and downs in mood and energy.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 02:10:30 pm »
Hello all

I'm happy to be able to learn so much from this forum that I decided to join you guys to ask my own questions. Not to waste time:

1.  What is your reaction to eating butter mono(by itself)? Did you find it pleasing or was there any displeasure? What was your analysis?

2.  How about raw suet or animal tallow?
B) What exactly did you eat(before-hand and after also) and how was your energy level?
C) How much did you eat? And if you do so currently, how much do you usually eat?

Thanks for the feedback

Welcome with us.

1. Ever since I started my experience with instinctive nutrition 25 years ago, I completely stopped any dairy intake, except that I ingested once about a cubic cm of goat cheese. I felt this small piece of cheese was very hard to digest. Never tried butter, I’m disgusted by it.
2. I like most animal fat, suet or other.
A. Didn’t notice any specific reaction.
B. I eat animal fat along with muscle, never alone. Generally, I eat some vegetables a bit latter, nothing before except other parts of the animal.
C. I don’t know how much fat I eat, it varies wildly according to current availability and my hunger for it.  

Cheers
Francois
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 02:22:08 pm by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 04:17:27 pm »
Hello all

1.  What is your reaction to eating butter mono(by itself)? Did you find it pleasing or was there any displeasure? What was your analysis?

2.  How about raw suet or animal tallow?

Thanks for the feedback

1. Butter?  - disgusting, I only have access to anchor butter unsalted from new zealand.

2. Raw suet or tallow?  - No way.  I have access to pretty and tasty live muscle fat and jelly like bone marrow.

3.  I eat mono meals with my meat.

4. I usually consume on average 1/2 kilo of raw meat a day, but it varies every day.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 10:46:25 pm »
Huh. I kind of despise not fatty cuts of meat. I love short ribs, delmonico steaks and ribs in general, but especially short ribs which are often mostly fat!

I like to eat my grass fed ground beef with plenty of butter, avacado and coconut oil!

Eating butter by itself or with some fruit or honey tastes delicious to me.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 03:38:55 am »
Yeah my friend… in “instincto” we eat neither mixtures nor butter, nor oils - just in case you don’t know!   ;)

Cheers
François
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 03:58:19 am by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 02:37:49 pm »
I remember that I once ate a whole package of pure butter within some hours. I had eaten instincto for some years at that time. I always liked butter and always ate a lot of it (before eating rawfood, of course). However, I never liked raw milk. And raw fatty fish, for example, was (and probably is) much more tastier for me than butter.

Offline PrimalPrime

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 09:53:06 am »
but raw fat, like suet or tallow, what are your experiences with eating it either mono or a significant amount with meat? I have yet to try anything but the thin pieces on steak or grassfed butter, so i would like to get an idea of the different reactions since I am still searching....

for organic fat....

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 09:56:51 am »
but raw fat, like suet or tallow, what are your

Suet may be like tallow, but suet is raw tallow.  Tallow is heat rendered suet extract.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 10:41:23 pm »
but raw fat, like suet or tallow, what are your experiences with eating it either mono or a significant amount with meat? I have yet to try anything but the thin pieces on steak or grassfed butter, so i would like to get an idea of the different reactions since I am still searching....

for organic fat....

To be honest, I don´t know what exactly "suet" is. The fat of red meat? In this case, I don´t eat much suet because I don´t like it very often; at times, however, I love it and eat a bit. I usually cannot eat more than a bit because I will have a relatively quick instinctive stop. Other than that I do not notice any special effects from eating suet. Currently I do not like red meat at all (i e. I have a VERY quick instinctive stop when trying to eat it) and my only animal foods are fish, prawns and sometimes egg yolks. However, if (lots of) bone marrow are available to me, I usually like it and eat large amounts of it.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 10:48:41 pm by Hanna »

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 01:03:03 am »
To be honest, I don´t know what exactly "suet" is. The fat of red meat?

Suet is the kidney fat of animals. Tallow is the rendered (cooked out of the fat tissues to purify it) fat from animals, so tallow would probably never be considered raw, even when it is cooked at a low heat. Fats from different areas of the animal have different consistencies and tastes.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline PrimalPrime

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 05:09:52 am »
Okay so cool, we've understood suet, tallow, and the fact that we're actually talking about fat. I'd hate to generalize, but what is the general response to eating fat raw or with raw meat? Ive had the experience with eating butter and cooked marrow, but assuming that butter is not something most animals would have access to, what should i expect from eating large amounts of fat(excluding butter whether grassfed, organic, etc)? if you want to specifically give different experiences with different fats from different areas of the body, cool. just feedback is what i would love please, ive understood the terminology

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 04:15:13 pm »
Raw Grass Fed Butter, sprinkled with a hint of Himalayan Sea Salt. Is so Delicious, Love it!

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 05:56:56 pm »
What's this topic ? There's no place for butter in instincto nor in any paleo diet. Dairy products are neolithic.

Topic locked. 

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2012, 08:51:37 pm »
I'm moving this topic to the hot topics forum where it belongs. Instincto does not allow dairy, even raw dairy, and also does not allow tallow which is rendered/cooked fat.Raw suet is instincto, though.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk