Author Topic: Water Kefir on a Raw Meat Diet  (Read 3615 times)

Offline Beyonder

• Forager
    • View Profile
Water Kefir on a Raw Meat Diet
« on: September 30, 2011, 08:13:53 am »
Hey all!

I consume water kefir in addition to my raw meat, fat and organs. There are some weeks where all I will consume is raw meat, fat and organs -- along with about a liter of water kefir and some plain water. Sometimes, when my raw fat reserves dry up I'm forced to consume fruit but I always feel considerably less energetic after doing this.

I'm wondering -- does drinking the water kefir mess with my low-carb diet? Before fermentation, there's about 60g of sugar and I assume there's about 12g left after 36-48 hours of fermentation. I feel great when I drink it and don't intend to stop -- but I love hearing the opinions and insights of the people on this board! BUT if the water kefir could mess with me through an unforseen future issue, I am very willing to make a change.

Would love to hear all your thoughts. Thanks!

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: Water Kefir on a Raw Meat Diet
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 10:03:10 am »
    How long have you been doing your diet this way?

I know what water kefir is, but I never heard about drinking it as part of the primal diet.  How often do you eat?

"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Beyonder

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 12:24:57 pm »
Wow,  apologies -- totally forgot about this thread. Thanks for your reply RawZi!

Anyway, I've been doing this for about 4 months. No issues. Digestion is regular. I eat 1 to 2 times a day. I always leave several hours between eating and drinking.

I let the water kefir ferment to sourness to be sure it's not overly sweet. Sometimes I'll augment the ferment with sea salt which I feel might make the minerals more bio-available as they are assimilated by the bacteria.

Regular water seems to go right through me while fermented beverages keep me feeling more hydrated and also don't just get peed out immediately. I don't know -- could be something to it.

If a problem ever turns up I'll be sure to let you guys know.

Offline prowler

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 06:20:52 pm »
My diet is basically the same. I've found the lactate (lactic acid) to be the pref. way to refill my glycogen stores (google for "glucose paradox"), without all this carbs induced hypoglycemic attacks.

And yes, all fruits start to drain my energy levels.

Now slowly raising the kefir (fermented milk) consumpiton to 1 litre per day with no issues so far. Leads to less meat eating naturally, btw.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk