Author Topic: KD's crusade against the infidels and wicked instincto iguanas  (Read 20998 times)

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: KD's crusade against the infidels and wicked instincto iguanas
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2011, 10:44:24 pm »
KD, didn´t you notice the irony in my answer to you? And, as I understood it, Iguana´s claim ("perfectly proven" etc.) was ironic too. Therefore, he used a smiley, and therefore, he admitted already that (of course) nothing is perfectly proven.

Not that I am one to balk at sarcasm..but I am somewhat disapointed when you (who I know has profesed intelligent concerns for both instincto 'rules' and possible problems with low-carb or other philosophies) that you also could have answered the question non sarcastically and not implying similar 'faith' that as long as people are raw and following whatever diet then they must be healthy. At least that was how I see it.

"KD: For me, it suffices (and is reassuring) to know that there are some long-term raw food dieters not DAMAGED by their raw food diet   and not LESS healthy than standard western dieters. " I really don't see this as ironic..i mean..I can see the irony that there have been so many people damaged by their dietary philosophy and the irony is people can get away with such limited evidence that their diet is actually healthy...but it seems that you are saying that what peopel provide as 'healthy' is good enough.

I would think you would also know very well the kind of ignoring of concerns, or derailing/forgetting old discussions, even amongst people that follow instincto priciples to some degee.

yours and susans comments in this thread

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/instinctoanopsology/instinctos-tropical-paradise/msg46451/#msg46451
http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/instinctoanopsology/instinctos-tropical-paradise/msg47948/#msg47948

or

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/instinctoanopsology/study-low-carb-diets-and-death-risk/msg53872/#msg53872

and

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/instinctoanopsology/explain-instincto-diet-fully-2/msg41720/#msg41720

heres a good quote from phil in a these round about discussions..of course the typical backpeddling of absolutes needs context to understand

I don't consider what GCB has done in promoting fruits as part of his dietary regime that he continues to promote on the Internet to be just semantics, no. He isn't just sharing his success story, he's promoting a diet for humanity. Do you consider his positive remarks about fruits in Anopsology and in this forum and on his website to be just semantics?

Hey PrimalPrime - I like to go back and forth with KD even when we basically agree hashing out the details in his viewpoints because the more I do that the more I learn from him.

KD - I get your points about the real obvious basics of b12 and d3 and vitamin A as generally accepted indicators and that a picture can disprove claims to eternal youth etc. I mean - your pictures speak volumes! It's generalizations with even these though without enough data based on individuals that is always tricky still of course, but you understand this I'm sure.

Yeah I havn't felt at all like I was arguing your beliefs, only pointing out what might not be totally visible just from reading this thead. eg: when you say things like 'be your own guru' and "No one is saying - do it like me or you are doing it wrong. "  it clearly doesn't line up with the quote I provided as well as countless posts by Iguanna and GCB. I respect you own reasoning or experience and just filling in more RPF experience... :)

I disagree somewhat without how sophisticated one needs to measure such things. I don't think we need to wait around for serious studies..I agree somewhat on data comparrisons..but still hold there are indicators to examined in the format I mentioned that are pretty transparent. To be totally clear I refrenced de vany et all because I never think pictures (mine, others) prove someone is healthy..but when people present ideas that they can be contradicted by such examinations ( "I'm a diabetic and can eat all the raw sugar I want yet my BG is 300",  or "my diet makes me young and strong" when having osteoporosis at 30 or something etc...

everyone isn't under the thumb of scrutiny to prove their diet has made them superwoman/superman..just when people consistatnly profess things like what is natural or what is necessary for health while not provding evidence for doing better or even "less worse" than others. In that case, one can't hide behind "not being a guru" or "not professing to be right" if all the comments take on definitive expertise in terms of what is right or wrong for all people.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 11:53:57 pm by Iguana »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2011, 11:10:37 pm »
I'm not reading all the long posts in this thread... but this seems to have turned out to be another anti-instincto bashing everything.  Right?

Can we just drop this?  It's a repeat performance of some old song a few months ago.

I'm busy reworking the geek side of this forum... but can we have peace in the Instincto section please?

What Iguana says goes for the Instincto section as he is the moderator and top expert of Instincto.

Instincto criticisms should go elsewhere.  Most of the replies are now OFF-TOPIC.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 11:54:15 pm by Iguana »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2011, 11:28:35 pm »
Hey Good Samaritan. I can understand not wanting to read the posts. Just to let you know most of what KD is saying and what is being discussed really has nothing to do with Instincto itself.

The synopsis is that generalizations regarding whether a particular diet is "good" or "bad" and what verifications to be able to claim that are necessary is being discussed.

At least that's the part of the discussion that I find interesting.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 11:54:30 pm by Iguana »

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2011, 12:10:12 am »
Ok GS, I did split the topic and renamed it.

Simple quesitons to answer:
mostly yes or no
(...)
---
Look forward to your comments

Yeah, that's a whole lot of intricate questions that would require a lot of time to answer (especially since my mother tongue is not English and since I type with 2 fingers only - unlike you with your 20 fingers  ;D) while you just ignored both of my very basic questions:
- Did you read GCB's book? (just to get an idea of what you're talking about) http://www.reocities.com/HotSprings/7627/ggindex.html
- What's the point for me to answer if you consider me as a liar and dishonest person?
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2011, 12:17:32 am »
how is it NOT relavent to instincto to ask basic assessments of how that diet creates health? To expect actual results and not 'reasons' as to why it is good and other things are bad?

look at this new thread? ridiculous

People other then me just don't care enough to comment. there is litteraly no one who  can read the non censored content of all these posts and agree that there isn't massive cover ups of truth or disregard for all kinds of criticisms. If the criticsms are just in every new-member thread or specifc b-12/liver flushing topic then they get lost.

---

I read from the book.

the answers like I said were mostly yes or no - doesn't exactly require trust on my part...feel free to answer them dishonestly..it would be nice enough just to have a record of them being answered so people can refer every time you make a comment about what is right or wrong.

Simply don't write your comments about what is wrong with other diets untill you post evidence that your diet creates health for everyone who has practiced it..and this will remove alot of drama from the instincto forum

« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 12:24:52 am by KD »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2011, 12:39:21 am »
Simply don't write your comments about what is wrong with other diets untill you post evidence that your diet creates health for everyone who has practiced it..and this will remove alot of drama from the instincto forum

Here is how I use Instincto for sick people:

- I take them to the wet market and other markets, they see, smell and taste a plethora of choices... and I let them choose what best appeals to them and makes them smile.

My pneumona patient chose the atis fruit.

My son lately chose raw squid.

I would provide the patient with lots of food stuffs so that he may be guided by whatever instinct is left in him.  I put up a schedule of things to eat and guide, but I also listen to what the patient wants.  All people are different, as a healer, it is important to listen to what appeals to the patient.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2011, 12:42:05 am »

I read from the book.

Then obviously not the whole book. You would have found in it most of the answers you want. More answers are available here: http://www.reocities.com/HotSprings/7627/instinctomag.html
OK, it’s in French, but Google Translate does an amazing job.

the answers like I said were mostly yes or no - doesn't exactly require trust on my part...feel free to answer them dishonestly..it would be nice enough just to have a record of them being answered so people can refer every time you make a comment about what is right or wrong.

- Just carefully reading your questions (and moreover all your posts in this thread) would require a lot of time, but nevertheless I would do it ASAP if you were not irrespectful.
- I’m not here to judge what’s right and what’s wrong.

- Instincto is not a diet in the sense of other dietary rules given by some gurus.
- It does NOT «creates health for everyone who has practiced it”(sic!). It’s not miraculous.

From now on, I won’t answer till I finish an urgent work I have to complete before the end of this month. This thread has already taken too much of my time. 
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2011, 12:43:51 am »
Here is how I use Instincto for sick people:

- I take them to the wet market and other markets, they see, smell and taste a plethora of choices... and I let them choose what best appeals to them and makes them smile.

My pneumona patient chose the atis fruit.

My son lately chose raw squid.

I would provide the patient with lots of food stuffs so that he may be guided by whatever instinct is left in him.  I put up a schedule of things to eat and guide, but I also listen to what the patient wants.  All people are different, as a healer, it is important to listen to what appeals to the patient.

yeah but for the most part your whole program is about cures, probiotics, ditetary restraints (http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/health/distended-colon-(newbie)/msg76587/#msg76587) and other practices that are completly nullified by instincto theories.

even with a pick and choose model which  I agree with, you can have whatever respect for instinctos as people to learn from, but you have to admit it is NOT OK for people to make unproovable claims and nullify those therapies and cures of which you are invested..merely by saying they are OK (by their definition) without them

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2011, 12:51:08 am »

- I’m not here to judge what’s right and what’s wrong.
- Instincto is not a diet in the sense of other dietary rules given by some gurus.
- It does NOT «creates health for everyone who has practiced it”(sic!). It’s not miraculous.

From now on, I won’t answer till I finish an urgent work I have to complete before the end of this month. This thread has already taken too much of my time.

well seeing since my time is clearly less valuable..how many posts would you say that you claim  something is wrong? I'll simply quote all of them in my wild crusade thread.  You choose the easiest way out all the time. Of course nothing is 100% no one knows 100% and no diet is unfalliable. SO why did you actually say as quoted earlier that if someone just practiced instincto they would be alright!!??..and that whatever the subect at hand was unimportant to target any other way? Why would you say this absolutist statement unless you had total hubris and confidence that instincto was better than any possible other consideration in that instance? Are you willing to take responsibility if one started to go on that approach and got ill for not regarding that issue?

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2011, 01:01:44 am »
Then obviously not the whole book. You would have found in it most of the answers you want. More answers are available here: http://www.reocities.com/HotSprings/7627/instinctomag.html
OK, it’s in French, but Google Translate does an amazing job.

Simple quesitons to answer:
mostly yes or no

you certainly have the expertise to answer almost all of them off the top of your head in 5 minutes.

Was it ok to use the phrase 'perfectly proven' that an entire way of thinking is healthy considering you were referring to two people with seemingly no real life assessment or any real comparison standards or to others who have competing health ideas? [ not in GCB's book]

I had asked: What actual evidence is being put forward here as proof?...

and you said none.

Do you agree that without additional evidence this is no more usefull to members than that of raw vegans or cooked foooders with such longevity when it comes to which specific diet to choose on RPF or elsewhere? [ not in GCB's book]

Will you retract the original comment and admit you have not proven anything other raw animal food diets have not without proper evidence?  [ not in GCB's book]

Will you or others provide blood work, specific photos as requested etc..? (with the expectation that people can't make 100% solid judgements on these) [ not in GCB's book]

Do you think if you see qualities in others that you believe are bad that you can trace it back to your thoughts about their diet? Is it understandable for people to question the diet of instinctos if they suspect their health doesn't match up with the healthiest possible human diet or even just other people trying other things? [ not in GCB's book]

You cite experiments of instinctos on humans and mice, how specifically do these experiements differ from those of Cordain, the Medical prfession, raw vegans or any others undertaken since the history of science? Havn't these produced drastically different conclusions? Are these instincto conclusions now half a decade old absolutely unquestionable with endless research following? What if people have proven these experiments wrong (on animals or humans) since? [ can't be contained within one book in the past]

Is it possible these experiments do not lead to finding the idea human diet or that other current methods might estimate a better diet? [ not acknowledged other than obvious theorical in GCB's book]

How many of these original experimenters or instincto dieters continued with the diet? How many went on to to other raw food diets? Other diets? [ not in GCB's book, 2011 stats]

Other than social obligations, why would someone go off an instincto diet? [ sorta touched on I guess? in GCB's book]

Is it at all possible that some people did not thrive on an instincto diet?  [ sorta touched on I guess? in GCB's book. Im looking for something up to date/personal opinion]

If these ideas are not unquestionable and you are presenting a theory, is it OK to tell people that what they are doing is "wrong" (see quotes in thread - or many other statements) and to give the kinds of 'advice' you give on a regular basis? [ not in GCB's book]

Particulary without above 'proof' shouldn't one be required to imply opinion based on a single theory when its not actually based on experience with a particular thing at hand  (or uses other 'present company' member's 'statistics' or other statistics that people actually have some access to) ? [ not in GCB's book]

And slightly more complicated: What specific criteria do you use to measure your health? To criticize others as unhealthy? Do you suspect that after 25 years of health experimentation that your health has thrived more than anyone else on any other approach? [ not in GCB's book]

---
Look forward to your comments

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2011, 01:44:48 am »
I would like to make an observation. Reading and writing English as a second language is very difficult. If I had to make the subtle distinction verbally in Spanish between "perhaps you might consider this diet as a possible way to address your issues" and "this will help you" without sounding like I was telling someone that what I am saying is best or better - I'm not sure I would be able to pull that off.

It is also extremely difficult to read long passages when English is not your first language and to respond to them. It can take a hundred times longer for Iguana to read the same thing as you KD and still have much less understanding and typing with two fingers seems unimaginable!

So maybe what we need to do is ask very simply once and for all what it is Iguana really means in his native tongue and his translation and let the past rest.

Iguana, it seems to me that the basic question is: Do you think that Instincto excludes any prepared foods of any kind and supplements and excluding them is what is the best for everyone in every situation at all times? Do you feel that other ways of eating are wrong? If you do, then would you be so kind as to explain to us why?

I'm interested in your answer because what I have read about Instincto fascinates me and yet I am often drawn to making and eating ferments and using different prepared herbs. They smell, taste and feel just right but would not be found in nature.

Thank you Iguana for answering this question whenever you get to it and thank you both Iguana and KD for taking the time to discuss this.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2011, 01:51:42 am »
I have the blood work and physical vitality to prove that what I am doing is healthy. The results have been too drastic for me to deny. But I am not sure if other people without the right dedication , resources and physiology would be able to follow my type of diet, without cheating.

I know that there must be others who could thrive off of my diet, but its impossible to know who would be most likly to thrive on any particular diet, based on such limited information as one post on the forum.

Many people who attempt the paleo diet seem to not always follow the right protocols when attempting to adapt to one extreme type of the diet or another. They will cheat, buy sub quality meats, and not obtain the right balance of paleo foods (God knows what else)  without letting it be known to the forum. So it would be impossible to advise such people to adopt an extreme raw low carb diet to those who have not  the wherewithal nor dedication to stick to the basic  protocols.

The results are what matter to me, and I follow my own path based on what my intuition tells me is most optimal.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2011, 02:03:27 am »
Sabertooth - Do you consider yourself to be Instincto? I also follow my intuition and senses so I was imagining that I might fit into Instincto. Are you low carb Sabertooth and did you follow a strict protocol or your instincts or both to gain your health? I guess I'm having a bit of trouble of putting it together in my mind how both of those go together for you. Would you please explain that some more? Thanks.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2011, 03:06:25 am »
I would like to make an observation. Reading and writing English as a second language is very difficult. If I had to make the subtle distinction verbally in Spanish between "perhaps you might consider this diet as a possible way to address your issues" and "this will help you" without sounding like I was telling someone that what I am saying is best or better - I'm not sure I would be able to pull that off.

Both Iguanna and GCB have an incredbile grasp of the english language. Just the few surrounding posts of the links I most recently provided make that clear enough.

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/instinctoanopsology/re-fat-suettallow-and-butter's-place-in-instincto/msg77332/#msg77332

As one can see its not just me but other members who can write comments that go in and out of understanding independent of their complexity but corresponding more with their talking points. You can also see lengthy replies in complex english , vocabulary and sentence structure with equally complex "it may be or it may not be" kind of responses given frequently.  This would seem to take even more time to write than yes or no.

I write some run on sentences..but in every case I could make an argument that things are not answered because they are either 'too disrespectful' or just plain accurate as i'm always willing to rephrase and have done so..but it seems to still never meet requirements or still be be too much or too complicated.

Above virtually none of the questions I asked could at all be wrriten in a book that created instincto ideas. The very idea of this dealing with contemporary people makes no sense!,  yet was actually claimed right above that these were somehow redundant?! to shuffle aroud how inconsiderate or uneducated I am about asking whether people actually are healthy or not.

Obviously the quesitons all have to deal with that.  If peoples health have actually increased in the real world  because of those ideas..not whether there are MORE explanaitons of how things SHOULD be in a book of which we are already privy to ad nauseum.

What they are refering to as past annoying debates or criticisms are just actual conversations such as this where a "nothing to see here" mentality sweeeps over the thread..and then its business as usual with people (now down to one person - with 0 official converts in 2 years) citing inctincto ideas as facts in other forums. As mentioned by me and many other members..there an extreme bias about which topics on RPF have a no touch policy and which others can be ripped to shreds with just a cursory idea of someones opinion of natural, no matter how unnatural the other thing actually is. These hypocrisies express with no qualms whatsoever what I have shown numerous times: that it is OK to suggest people are wrong in every single thing one disucess on this forum..and they should just eat instincto, and accept that all such peoples have gained the absolute best health they could have received given other choices.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 03:26:30 am by KD »

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2011, 03:25:59 am »

The history is a bit long winded , but basically I came to this diet geared toward the AV protocol of raw meat, dairy, avocados, green drinks, high meat, eggs.

After a short time I noticed by body telling me things(call it instinct)

The taste of meats became more pronounced and I began to get real picky about quality.
I noticed that dairy would make me bloated and sluggish, too much fruit would make me feel bad, and those green drinks seemed a little noxious.

So I stream lined my diet and tailored it to my newly enhanced sense of taste. I also used the advice from others on this forum to do a little experimenting. I have currently settled into a low carb diet that's main staple is whole pasture raised lamb. My instinct is still very active in controlling my dietary behavior and I will use it to regulate the amount of aged meats I will consume, as well as how often I will eat foods like tomatoes, organ meats, marrow etc.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2011, 03:45:16 am »

It is also extremely difficult to read long passages when English is not your first language and to respond to them. It can take a hundred times longer for Iguana to read the same thing as you KD and still have much less understanding and typing with two fingers seems unimaginable!
Thank you Dorothy, I’m relieved that you understand that. Althought I usually don’t need so long to read and understand English texts, I must say that a have a problem with KD’s writing style. I didn’t want to answer anymore here for a while, but since you ask kindly, I feel that I have to.

Iguana, it seems to me that the basic question is: Do you think that Instincto excludes any prepared foods of any kind and supplements and excluding them is what is the best for everyone in every situation at all times?
In practice it depends what we mean by “prepared foods”. Moreover, some specific situations may require food processing, for example grinding if the person became unable to chew by accident or other circumstances. Other therapies are absolutely compatible with instinctive nutrition and in some cases supplements and medicine can be useful or even necessary. I don’t know were from KD got the idea that the whole theory is dogmatic and rigid. 

Do you feel that other ways of eating are wrong? If you do, then would you be so kind as to explain to us why?
What is wrong and what is right? Relative to which standard? It’s not because special and general relativity  are more accurate than Newton’s physic that the later is wrong in every field. It’s right enough to built a house or drive a truck, you don’t need special relativity  for that.

I emphasize that the whole instincto theory and practice is to be considered as a query and an experiment, not at all as the ultimate truth.

I'm interested in your answer because what I have read about Instincto fascinates me and yet I am often drawn to making and eating ferments and using different prepared herbs. They smell, taste and feel just right but would not be found in nature.
Fermenting often happen in nature and sometimes fermented food smells and tastes good.

Sorry if I don’t reply anymore for some time, I have to concentrate my mind on my work!

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2011, 03:52:58 am »
When I read this thread, the one thing that strikes me is that the word "instincto" is being used in two ways: as a shortened version of GCB's term instinctotherapie (the French word), and also as a substitute for the English word instinct. I do not think the word "instincto" should serve this dual purpose, because using it this way causes ambiguity.

GCB's anopsology/"instincto" is not merely an intuitive/instinctive way of eating. I would suggest that here, in our rawpaleodietforum, we agree to use the term "instincto" to refer to GCB's anopsology. Other words, such as instinct and instinctive, are better suited to their standard English meanings.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2011, 04:22:34 am »
The linguistic ambiguity isn't lost on me. I have read the  anopsology and agree with much of it.

I am critical of many of the practices espoused in the book, mainly the practice of eating vegetables in general. Its a prejudice on my part,. Early into this diet I gave up on attempting to taste and discern the goodness of certain foods.  It seems that the instintos were to much into raw vegetables, which I couldn't stomach so  drifted away from studying thier diet in too much detail.

I instinctively chose to differ from the insticto, but I am no way excluding the basic premise of GCBs message of developing ,following, and trusting in ones instinct.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 05:11:32 am by sabertooth »

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2011, 04:26:07 am »

GCB's anopsology/"instincto" is not merely an intuitive/instinctive way of eating. I would suggest that here, in our rawpaleodietforum, we agree to use the term "instincto" to refer to GCB's anopsology. Other words, such as instinct and instinctive, are better suited to their standard English meanings.

Right..obviously sabertooth's diet is not considered to be instincto and would have never discovered such conclusions (right or wrong) following the advice of instincto (idea, protocol) instead of instincts, intuition and results. Artifically denying 'foodstuffs'and such not based on pleasure but how one feels is even not inctincto unless they are following it 'correctly' and don't have things that supposedly block it from manifesting.  Instincto has little to do with how ones feels or intuits because of their current choices..but only after ascibing to ideas of what is "good" can one have acess to those pure instincts to discover how much or what is healthy. If one thinks this is inaccurate I could always dredge up more posts saying exactly such.

I don’t know were from KD got the idea that the whole theory is dogmatic and rigid. 

What is wrong and what is right? Relative to which standard? It’s not because special and general relativity  are more accurate than Newton’s physic that the later is wrong in every field. It’s right enough to built a house or drive a truck, you don’t need special relativity  for that.

the response to dorothy is such obvious political sidesteping to soften what is so transparent and out of step with the message delivered in almost all of your posts.

These are so easily available and were right in this thread (and elsewhere with the phrase "this is wrong") and yet there is still denying or wordplay about basic things. Clintonesq

Is it right or possibly healthy to eat 100% the opposite of how you eat if it works like in your truck? or not? simple..

. Of course nothing is 100% no one knows 100% and no diet is unfalliable. SO why did you actually say as quoted earlier that if someone just practiced instincto they would be alright!!??..and that whatever the subect at hand was unimportant to target any other way? Why would you say this absolutist statement unless you had total hubris and confidence that instincto was better than any possible other consideration in that instance? Are you willing to take responsibility if one started to go on that approach and got ill for not regarding that issue?

yet taking minutes to address whether  this is contradictory to what you just said..or acceptable forum language at all. is just too complicated and requires too much time. If you ever stopped to address things they would not have to get pushed back and rephrased 8 different ways through a complicated disucssion..it would waste less of my time as well as yours. Of course making the real admissions and actually exposing facts and things of interest about the health of instincto followers is not your goal.

I guarantee there will be more this. "what? me? I never do such things" and smiley welcoming new members and such before its the same dogmatism. I've said this same sentence like 4 times.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 04:39:23 am by KD »

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2011, 09:03:07 am »
Eveheart - yes, instinct and instincto - two different things and yet there is some overlap and that's why the name. What are instincts but often highly tuned senses right? Very good to make the distinction - useful to keep in mind. Thanks.

Sabertooth - sounds like you come to things similarly to me except some individual differences like my body tends to like greens and vegetables so instincto is a bit more of a fit for me in that way I guess. Thank you very much for expounding.

KD - It's tough aint it this forum stuff? You're working so hard to make a general valid point regarding claims. At least for me it is not missed. I really admire your integrity and stamina.

And Iguana - I can't thank you enough for taking the time to answer my questions. I believe that I understand. My interpretation of what you are saying is something like .... instincto is the way that you have found to make the truck run correctly but that doesn't mean you understand everything or that there might not be other variables or sciences. Is that a correct interpretation? Just because you are working off of the premises of Instincto and holding them to be true, does not mean that you can't still recognize other advancements, discoveries and differing ways that others might get good results from. But if you are going to give advice - it will be from what you have experience with. You found a way that has had results for you and others and that you find to be logical so you are taking it as a general working principle - not necessarily as absolute. Is that a good interpretation?

You are also right that ferments do happen in nature. Teas would happen too - but not tinctures. But it sounds like there is openness - which does my heart good.

Would you help me, when you have time, with other examples than yourself and what the general experience is (if there is one). Maybe point me to some basic documents written first in English if they exist? I find google interpretations difficult to read. I understand that the sampling must be extremely small. Any information which KD finds helpful I also would like pictures, diagnostic testing etc. if it exists. I came to raw foods when there were almost no examples so I am used to such things. I've had to use my own logical mind and my own body knowledge because there were no gurus back then to speak of - so thankfully I missed a lot of the dogma traps that people have today. It was not a complete knowledge but it was the best working hypothesis I had at the time and has served me well as a base that I am expanding upon. I'm here to learn.

Again - thank you all. 

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2011, 09:47:48 pm »

KD - It's tough aint it this forum stuff? You're working so hard to make a general valid point regarding claims. At least for me it is not missed. I really admire your integrity and stamina.

heh, well I'd like to actualy accomplish something, for once..and it seemed to be getting there for a second...

I'll take whatever responsibility for threads de-materializing into feuds and so many accusations to even keep track. These of course will not be answered, but possibly cause some folks to think.

The root however is something which anyone can certainly address..but probably won't. That is - assuming something works because people like an idea rather than that thing manifesting actual results in the real world, results that go beyond other approaches - worthy of trumping them so in 'arguments' on a forum.

If we are to put things on a pedestal merely for sticking it out with programs, at the very least don't we need to analyze how many people have stuck with such programs? (in this case its not many- very low, particulary with the more pleasure/ease/no 'diet' - claims) as well as actually comparing how those people have fared in comparison to other health approaches - particularly those cited as bad? If not, can't we just cite Aajonus, de Vany etc.....or even people who bring no consciousness to their health at all to prove claims about any number of things?

Isn't this especially the point of THIS forum not mired by holy ideas like vegetarianism or the claims of other gurus like AV and others present information? Equally importantly do we give credence to ideas that seem accurate to how we understand nature and 'paleo-man' without actually examining results of modern people trying to gain health, or taking into account how accurately these approaches actually mirror the choices and availability of paleo people? (if one cares about such things) . In a hyperbolic example I would hope to think that no one here believes a diet of belladonna, cranberries, brussel sprouts and fish from a farm inside an old oil tank represents a diet that is either paleo or healthy. Mostly how this forum can function it seems is to address how a person can choose the healthiest foods and groupings of foods without assuming everything and every quantity of paleo and/or raw food is good for them.

The larger issue is this is not the first thread that states (quite non-ironically) long term instinctos prove the validity of their diet OR the 'raw paleo diet' OR even that its a more suitable diet than other RAF or RVAF diets practiced here. Where is the evidence for this other than such a small sampling that isn't even providing basic evidence of health? Are we actually saying we can't find examples of way longer term peoples on other diets? Also diets that members  have had had their own experience with and failed and can cite differences?

Everyone should be aware that on other 'parallel universe' forums people like raw fruitarians, raw sproutarians, cooked paleos dieters and cooked  zero-carb dieters will make their own claims, cite their own evidence.  On this forum there is no other diet that is given 'carte blanch' treatment as examples of healthy eaters. The very idea that instincto lines up more with a 'raw paleo' concept is totally an unacceptable way to validate what some seem as outrageous claims and poor results per grandiose proselytizing.

If people are to be given AUTHORITY based on their experience...and not only to cite what works for them...to cite what the diet of humanity is, the diet that works to cure all disease and to nitpick every thead about what other things are unnecessary (it has been stated for instance that for the record that paleo man  didn't 'worry' or know about LC or ZC etc..so these things are obviously unnecessary or harmful)

Its even had to be pointed out by other moderators towards instinctos that there are many RAF approaches on this site even despite the raw paleo umbrella.

---

To me, the point of a forum is actually being able to discuss things without dogma and blanket advice of authorities about what is good or bad

and to show though peoples experiments, changes undergone, and documentation what  is actually working despite what those authorities or books have to say.

---

thats what I got folks...

« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 09:53:01 pm by KD »

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2011, 11:13:07 pm »
I am not convinced that anopsology is an ideology. When I read GCB, I hear a highly plausible explanation of how our paleolithic fore bearers (and some current-day hunter-gatherers) select and prepare their foods. GCB explains in terms understandable by modern man. In my own words: first, they smelled, then, they tasted. Next they chose to spit out or swallow and grab some more. They never thought, "Hmmmm, wonder how this would taste blended with pineapple in my Vitamix?"

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2011, 11:33:34 pm »
I am not convinced that anopsology is an ideology. When I read GCB, I hear a highly plausible explanation of how our paleolithic fore bearers (and some current-day hunter-gatherers) select and prepare their foods. GCB explains in terms understandable by modern man. In my own words: first, they smelled, then, they tasted. Next they chose to spit out or swallow and grab some more. They never thought, "Hmmmm, wonder how this would taste blended with pineapple in my Vitamix?"

Theres a part of my argument that applies not just to Instincto, but to this very logic  you seem to be implying which is that what our ancestors did proves anything about what is healthy for modern people. If (in practice) people could prove to live their whole life vitamixing all their food, eating cooked and other harmful food or 'neolithic' food and still have better results than following ideas (easy example, avoiding cooked food, and other 'harmful neolithic food' but being vegan) , ideas which will always be arguable about our ancestors, why would it matter?

Why is this ever a reason why people can make claims that others shouldn't eat vitamixed food (not that I do) or any other 'paleo' or 'non-paleo' thing if it is completely divorced of results, reality, or ignores other things that truly matter?

People have to point to contemporary evidence, not just ancient people whos health was determined by all kinds of factors to say that these (x) things are important and others not. its the same thing as citing HGs which is considered unacceptable here...for some good reason as their health can't prove that every aspect of what they did is right or can be replicated in modern environments with modern variations of those foods. These things only suggest that certain circumstances allowed it to me so, and NOT which individual factors are most important. It also says nothing about buffering modern problems though methods these people clearly DID NOT NEED.

Even a true replications of ancestral diets (if these were ever known) should not have that carte blanche to automatically trump other approaches on a discussion forum. Making comments about using what 'paleo man' did :determining if they ate a certain way, processed a certain thing, used a certain 'medicine or therapy' is wrong when delivered dogmatically and one of many criticisms I am talking about. Its fairly naive, and ignorant and disproven in so many instances . Making this statement to determine anything other than examining how a practice MIGHT not work and that accepting the "ways of nature" (picked and chosen) trump all,  of course is in fact a ideology or dogma of sorts, often referred to as Natural Hygiene and others which remain poorly proven hypothesis.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 01:08:32 am by KD »

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2011, 01:09:43 am »

Theres a part of my argument that applies not just to Insctino, but to this very logic  you seem to be implying which is that what our ancestors did proves anything about what is healthy for modern people....

Why is this ever a reason why people can make claims that others shouldn't eat vitamixed food (not that I do) or any other 'paleo' or 'non-paleo' thing if it is completely divorced of results, reality, or ignores other things that truly matter?

People have to point to contemporary evidence, not just ancient people whos health was determined by all kinds of factors to say that these (x) things are important and others not.

There are varying degrees of this need to prove things with scientifically sound evidence. For example, I have nearly no need to point to contemporary evidence. Your need, as you stated, is much higher.

This reminds me of a mathematics professor who asked his class, "What form of proof would you employ to show that 1+1=2?" After the brightest minds in this class offered their proofs, the professor trumped all the answers by pointing out, "Everybody knows that 1+1=2... why would you need to prove it?"

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2011, 01:17:21 am »
There are varying degrees of this need to prove things with scientifically sound evidence. For example, I have nearly no need to point to contemporary evidence. Your need, as you stated, is much higher.

This reminds me of a mathematics professor who asked his class, "What form of proof would you employ to show that 1+1=2?" After the brightest minds in this class offered their proofs, the professor trumped all the answers by pointing out, "Everybody knows that 1+1=2... why would you need to prove it?"

this is so innacurate.

So what you are saying now is if it was true that there was almost unanimous poor results coming out of such theories it wouldn't matter. That all of such were shots-in-the dark -not based on real results- these would still apply to ALL peoples situations based on an IDEA of nature? That meanwhile if records became available of other criticized things either having no consequence or people thriving based on opposing ideas..

You would stick with what someone else has explained to you or what makes sense as a 20-21st century person about a 20th century construct? this isn't dogma?

the idea is basic. According to almost all camps there are 'toxins' and degenerations created by countless generations of eating poorly. Forgetting about all the other countless criticisms and problems of the ideology I am claiming above, merely saying that eating the way our ancestors ate will automatically correct such things is a dogma and has led to poor health in countless people being led by gurus and ideas of what that natural diet is. There is no way to argue this.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 01:59:29 am by KD »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk