Other Raw-Animal-Food Diets (eg:- Primal Diet/Raw Version of Weston-Price Diet etc.) > Raw Weston Price

How much raw milk does everyone drink?

(1/8) > >>

Waldpfad:
I'm asking this question because I have a serious addiction LOL.
I was born prematurely, put in some artificial 'breeding machine' and fed stuff through hoses and tubes for the first 6 weeks of my life. I never had mother's milk.
I moved from central Europe to America when I was 23 years old and at the age of 39 found a local grass-fed raw goat milk farmer...yay!
My diet was sh*t pretty much my entire adult life, ya know after like age 12 or so when I got lunch money for school and my mother wasn't there to control what I shove down my throat.
My milk consumption is out of control, with no ill effects. I drink about 2-3 gallons of raw goats milk every week for the last 1.5 years. I can't stop. I crave it like mad and it feels nourishing. It's like something was missing my entire life and I'm finally getting it. It has tapered off some over the last 2 months though. I also ate liver (from whatever animal I could get it) for 8 straight months when I started eating Paleo/Primal. The liver cravings have stopped, the raw milk cravings are slowly going down, but are they ever going to stop completely?
I would love to stop drinking dairy all together because I'm afraid I'm getting some kind of imbalance from this massive milk consumption. Am I getting too much calcium that would make my bones brittle? Can I counter that with Magnesium pills?
And don't tell me to cut out milk cold turkey, I can't do it I've tried. By the 3rd day I'll turn wild, growl at people and piss on their car!
Many, many good benefits have come from drinking this raw milk, if only I wasn't so worried about this whole casein/calcium thing I'm reading everywhere.

How much milk is too much?

cherimoya_kid:
Are you having any problems with your teeth or gums?  How is your digestion?  If it's truly not causing any health problems, I'd just let the addiction wind down on its own.Some people do seem to do pretty well on large amounts of raw dairy. 

zeno:
Examine the other portions of your diet. Perhaps there is a deficiency and milk is satisfying some need, or is satisfying in general to which masks the true hunger.

TylerDurden:
Well, cravings are usually a very bad sign, often being a sign of allergy to that very food.

Still, if you are desperate, try pumpkin seeds which are very high in magnesium and very low in calcium. I've know one person who over-consumed dairy who had no health-problems with it normally, but who got such magnesium-deficiency from over-drinking it, that he was almost hospitalised.

RogueFarmer:
I was drinking a gallon a day for a while. Not quite that much anymore. I go back and forth though.

I was eating pumpkin seeds too, seemed to be good.

Tyler, you really think cravings are bad and not our bodies telling us what we need?

I had trouble getting what I felt like was enough milk for a long time, when I finally got as much as I wanted I felt so fantastic, still do over a year later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version