Author Topic: Ants: The Other Something Meat  (Read 14491 times)

CitrusHigh

Re: Ants: The Other Something Meat
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2011, 06:13:49 am »
Yeah I was moving some cut wood a couple days ago and I looked down and saw a few different varieties of grubs (all pastured, organic and free range!  ;) ) So without even giving myself much time to think about it I popped one in my mouth, after saying thanks, and to my surprise there was a pleasant, crisp, moist pop and then some crunching and some mildly sweet creamy flavor and nothing repulsive about it at all! So then I saw a meal worm, not the spindly ones you see in the pet shop, 'meatworm' is more accurate, and again, saying thanks, I indulged and my my, delicious! A bit of a nut flavor, creamy, crunchy, and nothing gross flavorwise about it. I highly recommendo our little grubby friends, but they're also very beneficial for decomp so go easy on them if you can! haha I'm thinking lay's slogan here, 'bet you can't eat just one!'

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2011, 08:15:19 am »
Yeah I was moving some cut wood a couple days ago and I looked down and saw a few different varieties of grubs (all pastured, organic and free range!  ;) ) So without even giving myself much time to think about it I popped one in my mouth, after saying thanks, and to my surprise there was a pleasant, crisp, moist pop and then some crunching and some mildly sweet creamy flavor and nothing repulsive about it at all! So then I saw a meal worm, not the spindly ones you see in the pet shop, 'meatworm' is more accurate, and again, saying thanks, I indulged and my my, delicious! A bit of a nut flavor, creamy, crunchy, and nothing gross flavorwise about it. I highly recommendo our little grubby friends, but they're also very beneficial for decomp so go easy on them if you can! haha I'm thinking lay's slogan here, 'bet you can't eat just one!'

Take pics!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Techydude

• Shaman
  • The barefoot raw paleo nudist intactivist naturale
    • View Profile
    • Genital integrity through regenerative medicine
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2011, 11:04:11 am »

You said it was organic? OMG do they sell these? I wanna get insects into my diet! I can't forage around my area (NYC) cause of all the pesticides and stuff.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2011, 07:47:54 pm »
haha techy I was being facetious! They were actually wildcaught...sustainably  :P

But you can probably find insects at your local asian market, of course, unless you're in asia, they will likely be frozen and who knows where they come from or if they're farmed or wildcaught, or anything about processing at all. At our local asian market here in MN/WI you can find several different types of larva along with grasshoppers and crickets if I recall correctly. Maybe you should take bus trip in to the country and load up when the weather warms. Of course in NYC, you should be able to get just about anything you can think of if you look hard enough, wouldn't recommend city bugs though!

GS, copy that, will do later today!

CitrusHigh

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2011, 11:27:15 am »
Ok, I slacked on the pics, but today took and unexpected turn when I was called in for work after being told we wouldn't be working, so pics to come I promise..maybe. What are you after GS? Pics of the actual grubbies or rather them in my mouthis?

Also ty, my posts and wording are entirely conscious and intentioned, so if you're going to edit them, you're literally fucking with my creativity, if you're cool with that, so am I, it's your forum, but it's a little annoying (which is my own problem, not yours!) haha

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk