Author Topic: Is this fish OK? please help  (Read 4386 times)

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Is this fish OK? please help
« on: January 03, 2012, 08:00:27 am »
I am brand new to the raw animal meat diet. After reading much in this forum, I am cautiously trying raw fish.
My local Sprout store is selling this frozen "Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon fillet":  On the package it is written that the salmon is "Wild Caught in the Pristine Waters of Alaska (Coppe River)... product of USA" 
Will people say this salmon is safe to be eaten raw?
Thank you for helping out.

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Is this fish OK? please help
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 08:13:36 am »
sounds similar to something I eat  :)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 10:37:04 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 12:11:01 pm »
    Is it GE? Is all salmon now possibly GE? I'm not sure what health hazzards GE salmon may pose.  Such a shame what corporations and lawmakers risk to our health, many a time their choices affect the people and animals adversely.

http://www.rodale.com/genetically-modified-salmon-0

What were you eating previously?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 04:13:27 pm »
I don't know if the fish I bought is GE. On the package it says "Certified Sustainable Seafood MSC...This product comes from a fishery which has been certified to the Marine Stewardship Council's environmental standard for a well-manged and sustainable fishery."
I have been eating a very-high-raw vegen diet for a few years. It did not bring me optimal health. So I have added raw dairy these past couple of months.   Now I am trying raw fish.

I very very occasionally ate raw salmon at Chinese/Japanese restaurants. The raw salmon there was very tasty but cost $60 a meal (someone else was paying).  I wish I knew where to buy the salmon served at those good restaurants. The restaurant-salmon tastes better than the salmon I bought this time.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 08:43:55 pm »
    Maybe the restaurant can let you in on their source if you ask them which it is.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 03:24:16 am »
Salmon is not the best fish to eat raw.  It is often farm-raised, and the wild salmon makes some people nauseous.  I can't eat wild raw salmon, it makes me nauseous. Some people like it, though.

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 11:55:00 am »
Cherimoya, Thank you for your response.  I tried all kinds of raw seafood at good Chinese/Japanese restaurants a number of times. It turned out I only like salmon. When I buy salmon, I only buy wild caught Alaskan salmon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk