Author Topic: Intense Reaction to (Grain-fed) Pork  (Read 3239 times)

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
Intense Reaction to (Grain-fed) Pork
« on: October 16, 2011, 11:19:07 am »
While I was in the Philippines over the summer, I stayed at a farm that was raising pigs. I accepted some pork to eat for breakfast one morning and had a terrible reaction afterwards. Immediately after eating the pork my hands trembled and I felt jittery, like I had become high on some sort of stimulant.

A few days later began the diarrhea. I shat for days on end--even until I returned to the U.S. At first I removed all the food matter from my stomach (fruits, the pork, etc.). Then, whenever I would feel the urge to pass something I saw plenty of bile along with a small amount of fecal matter. I hypothesize that my liver reacted in defense, and produced a large amount of bile to flush out whatever was considered a threat (supposedly, the pork).

To some degree, the reaction was good because I passed food very quickly--almost too quickly. After the incident I hardly ate much until I came back to the U.S. Up until I began eating regularly I was moving mostly liquid in my bowel movements. Now, I'm passing much less frequently and the bowels are more dense.

Although my bowel density and frequency have returned back to what I've experienced for the majority on this diet I would say that I'm suffering from constipation. I think I pass all too infrequently and often my bowels smell of putrid meat--a sign that the food has been fermenting and been in my gut for too long.

Also, I've noticed since the incident, my eyes have cleared up: crows feet have disappeared from the corners of my eyes and bags beneath my eyes show subduction.

Hmm. I almost prefer that period when I was passing mostly liquid accompanied by the defined yet weakly bound stools.

==

The way I pass stools now on a VLC diet, the stools seems too dense (and putrid). Often I feel like the only time I have a bowel movement is when my entire GI tract fills up and there is no space, forcing out the lowest matter.

Can anyone relate to this? Does my present condition show signs of constipation, or is this what other's bowels density, frequency, and stench resemble?

If everyone would share a little about their bowels (density, frequency, and stench), I think it might provide some insight for others. Our bowels are much more telling than some would realize.  ;D

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Intense Reaction to (Grain-fed) Pork
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 11:40:36 pm »
Was it raw pork? And do you have any negative symptoms accompanied with your current excretory situation?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 03:43:42 am »
Oh yes it was raw.

The only problems I would claim are the ones described in my previous post: bowel movements come too infrequently, often wreak quite bad, form quite densely, and it feels as if I won't produce a bowel movement until my entire GI tract is full and only then will the encroachment of my next meal force out waste (rather than moving out quickly after being assimilated).

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 04:40:30 am »
Do you have loose/mushy stools, or feel that digestion is difficult?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline Waldpfad

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 04:50:42 am »
I ate undercooked pork ribs once and I had the same symptoms. That was when I was still on a SAD diet.
I had food poisoning not from the pork but from the dirty surface the meat was handled on (and probably the person handling it).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk