Author Topic: Jill Taylor's Stroke of Insight  (Read 10267 times)

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Jill Taylor's Stroke of Insight
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2011, 11:38:48 pm »
    I've gotten spiritual experiences almost immediately following  ingestion of raw butter warmed to body temperature.

read about the vargis nerve? i think this may be highly stimulated by this activity, as well as your body recognizing the excessively pleasing nutrients in butter

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2011, 04:06:42 am »
Thank you Jessica.
I appreciate your opinion too very much.

What do you think, would just about one to three mushrooms be fine first time?
I have these tiny small ones, Pislocybe semilanceata;

Maybe I will try just very few then. If / when I feel like it.

Inger

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2011, 10:14:16 am »
The problem is that some people are very sensitive. You won't really know if you are one of the people that it will harm with even small amounts until it's too late.

It's also not easy to find a real guide. Ancient cultures were more balanced in many ways. In a culture with elders with the experience of generations and a shaman present who naturally goes in and out of those states it would likely be a very different than any friend you are going to find in our modern world to have the experience with let alone guide and protect you.

And as Al pointed out -- it will be a fleeting experience. The longing you have now can fuel an intensely valuable journey towards sustainable experience that might be sidetracked or ruined experimenting with drugs.

Of course, you are an individual and none of these things might happen to you - but it's a real crap shoot. Depends on how much you are willing to gamble. Personally, when it comes to my brain and my spiritual path - I am willing to gamble nothing.

No matter what you choose Inger - I wish you all the best!

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2012, 11:42:45 pm »
How it feels to have a stroke

Neuroscientist Jill Taylor discusses experiencing a stroke. She has some powerful revelations on the human experience through the experience of her stroke.

If anyone is versed in the work of Rudolf Steiner, this correlates strongly with his theory of human evolution and the shift of cognizance from our ancient ancestors (who seem to have much more of their right side of their brain) to the present human species (who seem to use much more of the left half of the brain).
I just finished her audiobook on her life and experience. It is very much more in-depth and fascinating.
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk