Author Topic: Paleo breakfast ideas?  (Read 13123 times)

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
Re: Paleo breakfast ideas?
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2011, 02:24:08 am »
TD, have you never got foodpoisoning from dead shellfish?

I just ate another bunch of fresh mussels, had to buy more of them. ;D
I picked out two really big, and thought they are mine.. they was closed and I forgot to test if they open or wait until and then knock to see if alive, I was so greedy. l) I just opened it like Iguana said, and put it into my mouth.. and then as soon as it slipped down my throat I got a strange scratched feeling in there. I wanted it back up cause I was afraid it might have been not OK, but too late of course. It left my mouth with a kinda strange taste too. I decided to try the other biggie, it was closed too. Strangely it tasted the same.. I swallowed and decided to eat no more raw mussels today, it just tasted no good no more.. -X
I ate from the cooked ones after.. eh. They tasted great to me. So strange. I guess one could say it was my body signaling it wanted no more mussels? If they are very cleaning and that could have triggered a too big detox or something.
Now I am curious to see if I get sick. Still nothing but lets see tomorrow.

Inger
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 05:07:52 am by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2011, 05:10:06 am »
I have had several food-poisoning episodes from eating cooked shellfish prior to going rawpalaeo, most of them very painful. After going rawpalaeo, I had one incident after eating some raw cod roe, which was probably dead. The latter incident, however, was  "less worse" than the previous episodes.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2011, 03:00:58 pm »
All good, no tummy problems at all. :)

I never got foodpoisoning from shellfish or any fish. Just from spinach soup - and from highmeat I forgot to air. -X

Inger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk