Author Topic: Red Palm Oil ?  (Read 3157 times)

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Red Palm Oil ?
« on: October 25, 2011, 03:31:58 am »
Does anybody here use red palm oil as a regular source of fat?

I get really good results with fresh coconut milk. After reading Bruce Fife's book on RPO I tried it two or three times but didn't feel well. Bruce Fife seems to believe that red palm oil is as good as coconut fat. One thing that makes me skeptical is the very bad w6/w3 ratio.

Löwenherz

Offline Brady

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Irishaman
Re: Red Palm Oil ?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 03:53:43 am »
Does anybody here use red palm oil as a regular source of fat?

I get really good results with fresh coconut milk. After reading Bruce Fife's book on RPO I tried it two or three times but didn't feel well. Bruce Fife seems to believe that red palm oil is as good as coconut fat. One thing that makes me skeptical is the very bad w6/w3 ratio.

Löwenherz

I have experimented with it in the past, it certainly feels very nourishing when you eat it, much more so then coconut oil but like all oils I believe they should be used in very small amounts.  Best to stick primarily some kind of animal fat.
The culture and civilization of the White man are essentially material; his measure of success is, "How much property have I acquired for myself?" The culture of the Red man is fundamentally spiritual; his measure of success is, "How much service have I rendered to my people?"

Ernest Thompson Seton

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 04:03:19 am »
I have experimented with it in the past, it certainly feels very nourishing when you eat it, much more so then coconut oil but like all oils I believe they should be used in very small amounts.  Best to stick primarily some kind of animal fat.

Yes, pure oils are always suspicious. For example: Coconut oil (VCO) is absolutely horrible for me, but raw fresh coconut milk is really fantastic! Maybe I should try to use whole palm fruits in some way.

Most plant fats are no worth mentioning or even toxic, very high in pufa etc. Nevertheless I'm still not 100% convinced that animals fats (from healthy animals only) are always and principally better than ALL plant fats. Some time ago I came to the conclusion that animal fats can't be substituted by anything from the plant kingdom, but the coconut is very special and could be an exception, IMO. And perhaps there are other 'good' plant fats.

Löwenherz
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 04:17:44 am by Löwenherz »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 11:04:47 am »
I really loooove the flavor of palm oil, but it really messes up my digestion. It's also very high in beta-carotene, and I don't need extra vitamin A.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 03:27:32 pm »
    My body has had problems with carotenoids on and off for about half my life at least.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk