Author Topic: Saying Hello  (Read 4988 times)

Offline RAW12

• Forager
    • View Profile
Saying Hello
« on: October 31, 2011, 03:49:53 am »
Hello,
     I am new to the Paleo diet. I recently completed my pre-med degree and somehow stumbled onto Aajonus Bonderplanits through YouTube. Now, I sit here wondering what to do next. I have my DH and DD both eating bacteria and EVERYTHING my pre-med told me would KILL us, or make us VERY sick. I have read and researched and come to the conclusion the whole medical field is a conspiracy and taught us to fear the very things that would cure us. I have not brought myself to eat 'HIGH' meat as of yet, but it is my ultimate goal. HOW in the world I am following something with so LITTLE information and yet feel 100% is the correct way for us to eat and the most healthiest way, I will NEVER know!  SO, hello and strength and support is VERY much welcome since everyone thinks I have gone CRAZY and that I am going to KILL us all off! :O)

CitrusHigh

Re: Saying Hello
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 03:59:08 am »
Wow your family, even though they probably don't recognize it right now should consider you a hero!  You have essentially stepped out of the matrix and in to the real world, welcome!

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 04:25:46 am »
Welcome Raw12!
Do not be afraid :). I have eaten high meat lot of times and here I am, still ;). Feeling great!
I am happy for you and your loved ones!

Inger

Offline RAW12

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 09:56:33 am »
Thanks for the welcomes. I must say, I keep getting braver and braver. I have DH reading the palio books now, and he has already read Aajonus Vonderplanits books. We also have Sally Fallon and Weston A. Price books. He is REALLY starting to to understand this type of diet and welcome it. I am doing some fermenting and we do Kefir also. I am REALLY going to start working toward that HIGH meat, and we watched YouTubes of people eating century eggs. I looked up how to make they and it didn't seem that bad. I think we are going to try it with a few of our farm fresh eggs too. :)  I feel much better too since reading about how worms cure intestinal diseases and E. coli cures cancer. There are two MAJOR worries off my mind!!! WOW, also, if I do say so myself!

Offline RAW12

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 08:23:57 pm »
RawZi
I read in a post you mentioned fermented meat. Can you explain to me what that is? Is it what they call ‘high meat’? If not, can you direct me to where I can read how to do this?

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 09:10:53 pm »
    Hi Raw12.

I've been calling it fermented meat; because that's what it seems most call it in this forum.  I was resistant to call meat that at first, as I learned fermentation only with honey, fruit, seeds, nuts, grain, vegetables and milk, so I thought it had to be from straight carbs.  Also, I called it culturing when it was good, and fermenting when it turned to alcohol or nasty-looking/feeling fungus.  Anyway, I continued to call AV-style/RPG-style rotten meat high meat, or highmeats, but I call the same as fermented meats instead now, as it seems a more popular term in this forum.  It makes sense though, especially since I had a little experience with mycology too, propagating specific fungi and  not others making substrate that the fungus likes. 

I should learn more about highmeat some time, but I know the important part, it's the best food on earth :), so far.  I feel great when I eat it.  Also that certain organ highmeats seem to be great for particular qualities, when I've made and eaten them.  I have a bunch of jars in a separate fridge, and plan to hopefully eat it more often.  Looks like my family may move into a house that has no stove or oven and not bring one nor buy one and not be near restaurants or Whole Foods Market.  If I'll be at home raising sheep, bees, trees and chicken, maybe we'll get into the groove like your family and enjoy raw animal food meals at the table together.

I started calling it highmeats, rather than high meat in the GI2MR forum.  Over there every time I said high meat, most were very sure in their limited perceptions that I meant a diet high in cooked factory farm meat, so I found if I wrote highmeats, they'd realize I may mean something they're less familiar with. 
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline RAW12

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 10:16:17 pm »
OK, I'll catch on the more I read. What is the GI2MR forum? I think I'll go google that too. I'd like to interact more but it seems for now, I'll just be doing a LOT of reading and learning.

How is everyone with raw pork? We have not done that yet because of all the WARNINGS we have been taught our whole lives. We raise our own pork, chicken, rabbit, cows, and dairy products but have just recently, in the last year or so, starting eating the eggs raw. The only other raw we have ate is store bought meats like fish and beef. NO organ meats yet or chicken...........just too darn fearful yet!  MAN, you know what they say about raw chicken and pork! The more I read, the less fearful I will be. :) We ate a slice of meat that sat out overnight the other day and NO ONE got sick. Yahoo, maybe now I'll let it set out for TWO days. LOL

I am 34, DD is 15, and DH is 43. DH LOVES raw meat but I stopped him from eating it when I first met him because I didn't think it was a good thing to do.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 10:38:10 pm »
Raw pork and raw chicken are only to be avoided because they are mostly fed on unhealthy grains. If they are fed on more natural diets involving grass, insects, carrion(ie are left out in the fields, especially woodland, most of the time) and their grain-intake is only a small part of their diet, then they are healthy to eat.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RAW12

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 11:18:39 pm »
OK, we got the room, now just need to build the fence! The pig has been raised mostly on fresh cow milk, hay, and some pellets. I don't think I like the idea for the pellets but need to read more on alternative things I can be giving her, AND the chickens! I thought I was doing good but WOW I have a LONG way to go yet! :) I'm happy with our progress but I need to keep pushing on! :)

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 11:53:28 pm »
How is everyone with raw pork? We have not done that yet because of all the WARNINGS we have been taught our whole lives. We raise our own pork, chicken, rabbit, cows, and dairy products but have just recently, in the last year or so, starting eating the eggs raw. The only other raw we have ate is store bought meats like fish and beef. NO organ meats yet or chicken...........just too darn fearful yet!  MAN, you know what they say about raw chicken and pork!

I eat raw rabbit, cow, pig, chicken, whatever is available, bison much better than beef.  I particularly feel healthy eating raw pork and raw chicken.  It was scary though to try them the first time with each, only because of being warned.  I tried salmon, other deep cold water fish, clams and beef before chicken, pork, duck and turkey.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline RAW12

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 12:07:26 am »
Where do you get you raw pork and other meats from, RawZi?
I got some red colored fish once and at it, I think it was wild ocean fish of some kind, I can't remember now. The fish made my throw up, so I haven't done any fish again. LOL I wasn't really SICK, just maybe my mind made me throw up or something. Like I was working myself up, OMG you just ate RAW FISH. Plus the fish oil was, I think, making me belch and it tasted nasty and kept reminding me of what I just did. That was about a year ago so maybe I will try some fish again soon. :)

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 04:25:54 am »
    Maybe your digestive tract was protecting itself from the fish oil.  Might you have some kind of ulcers or cracks somewhere in there between this and the honey?  I would stick with eggs and land-animals if I were you for now, maybe another year or so.

I get most of my pork, not that I eat a lot of meat or every day, from Whole Foods Market, it's rated 4 (their present highest rating) and labeled local (within the state here).

Offline RAW12

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2011, 05:08:58 am »
I could have, I don't know. I think maybe I just ate too much. I mostly ate it whole too because I'm not enjoying the flavors of the raw just yet. If I eat too much fruit or specific fruit juices it does give me acid reflux. I think I'll start to listen to my body more and see what it is telling me! The honey does give me somewhat of a burning feeling. I would say yes when I take the honey it would feel like maybe I had an ulcer. But, I've never had an ulcer before so I REALLY don't know what they feel like for sure. Why would the honey make an ulcer agitated but NOTHING else. I have NEVER had stomach problems or anything else really. I can eat just about anything. I don't know what the deal was with the fish. I was just thinking that maybe since my body had NEVER really EVER had any type of RAW meat that it thought it was something BAD, VERY BAD. I just threw it up and felt 100% again after that. I think next time I try it I'll start with a smaller amount! LOL :) I NEVER told any of my family either, they would NEVER have tried any raw if I had. They would have said, SEE your getting sick! But I wasn't sick, my body just didn't like it, that's all. BUT try telling that to everyone who is against eating raw!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk