Author Topic: Just Another Newbie  (Read 8379 times)

Offline MartyD

• Forager
    • View Profile
Just Another Newbie
« on: July 17, 2011, 08:10:00 pm »
Ill try keep this short but so far this is my story - it’s a bit depressing!

I’m 22 years old and I've had a multitude of problems for the last 7 years and its only really now that I have really waked up and realised something is defiantly wrong with me. These problems seem to be similar to alot of people on this forum, especially from the health section.
These are
Very poor energy levels
Feel tired all the time, Need lots of sleep.
Dark circles under eyes, (really bad)
Really Skinny - 5' 6'' and 116lbs
Terrible acne
Low confidence and just lost in life really.
Probably steam from, weak liver, adrenal gland, thyroid gland ect...

I went on the Wai Diet there about 2 months ago, and although my acne started to stabilise and slowly clear, I have not experienced the miracle clear up that most people report but I cannot stick to this diet for several reasons, most notable is that my teeth are rotting before my eyes even with using natural toothpaste and all.

It’s a lot of effort as I have a high metabolism and have to be constantly eating fruits or juice and that puts a strain on life, especially in Ireland when people take notice and wonder what the hell you’re at. I found that you just can’t really be spontaneous cause you have to make sure you have a lot of energy all the time. This leads to weight loss very easily if you don’t something which I cannot afford. Again this is something a lot of people on Wai experience due to a miniscule amount of protein and essentially you fail before your eyes.

I have found that when on the diet I have not experienced the great energy levels enjoyed by most people which I’m guessing is an intolerance to high carbohydrates, up to 400g a day! Which can't be good for canidia? Also when I’m on the diet my jaw seems to be constantly tense.

I’m not trying to put people off it, just telling my experience of it, didn’t work for me 100%, but it did start to clear my acne but extremely slowly. I will keep some of the principles of it however with regard to eating and hygiene ect..

So I’m going to switch to the raw paleo diet preferably omnivorous, to slowly get down to zero carb if possible and if necessary. I hope this will solve these problems well some anyway especially my weight and acne problem which would send my confidence soaring. I do have a few questions

Ah while on the Wai diet, one could clearly see all the nutrients one was getting thanks to a nutrient calculator so how are you sure your getting all vitamins and minerals on this diet. I assume you have to do it yourself?

With regard to people on this diet is fat the primary food source from fatty sources such as lard, olive oil and butter ect.. With organ meats, lean muscle meats and fruits and vegs to take care of proteins, carbs and the main source of vitamins and minerals?

Could I expect to gain weight naturally on this diet?

That’s all for now, any response would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 10:08:29 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline p0wer

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Just Another Newbie
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 08:44:16 pm »
Ah while on the Wai diet, one could clearly see all the nutrients one was getting thanks to a nutrient calculator so how are you sure your getting all vitamins and minerals on this diet. I assume you have to do it yourself?

Try maybe http://cronometer.com/ or http://www.fitday.com/ or any of the many others

Could I expect to gain weight naturally on this diet?

Do some exercise from time to time and eat a lot, that should help. But gaining weight on a raw diet goes a bit slower (at least my experience), so don't get discouraged if you don't see immediate results.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 09:50:30 pm »
Welcome, MartyD!

Don't eat so much fruits, especially acid, modern cultivated fruits of temperate areas and drink more water. Try different mineral and spring waters, even sparkling ones if it helps you to drink more water. Eat more raw wild animal food, meat, fish, shellfish, eggs - everyday or almost everday. Don't go from an extreme to the other, I mean from too much fruits to zero carb, but try to properly balance by your instinct, having the broadest choice available - at last at the beginning and until you have more or less filled your severe needs.

Don't eat any cooked, neolithic and modern food at all.

This is my personal advice, others here may disagree and are free to express their disagreement.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 10:00:53 pm »
When I got rid of my tapeworms.
And when I stabilized my digestion with probiotics.
And when I found multiple suppliers of raw wild honey.
Along with great variety of meat and great variety of fruit and some veggies... I am gaining weight. From being steady at 122-125 to now 130 to 135.

And I gained muscles in my arms without gym stuff.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 10:12:33 pm »
 Lard is cooked so avoid. Olives are healthy but, IMO, olive-oil is not, however raw. Even the slightest processing can cause trouble, especially if one is in a very poor state of health. Would advise against raw butter for now. You could try to experiment with raw dairy at a later date to see if it works for you, but, for now, best to eat fatty raw muscle-meats or raw fatty tongue etc. Cheap, grassfed meat should be easy to find in Ireland  as I saw countless sheep grazing on wildgrass and  heather in county Donegal etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline zbr5

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 04:21:26 am »
Very poor energy levels
Feel tired all the time, Need lots of sleep.
Dark circles under eyes, (really bad)

I had the same symptoms when had tapeworms infection. You may think of making test or taking a closer look at your poo. No kidding, nothing to be ashamed of. Most probably luckily it is not the case for you but who knows, does not cost anything to check!

« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 04:38:18 am by TylerDurden »

Offline p0wer

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 09:34:08 am »
I have found that when on the diet I have not experienced the great energy levels enjoyed by most people which I’m guessing is an intolerance to high carbohydrates, up to 400g a day! Which can't be good for canidia? Also when I’m on the diet my jaw seems to be constantly tense.

It sounds to me like you haven't eaten enough fat btw? In the wai diet it's promoted that calories from carbs and fat are roughly half-half (individually you'd adjust this ratio according to activity), thus I wouldn't say it's a very high-carb diet. If you've eaten up to 400g carbs, I doubt you've eaten 200g fat in addition.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 10:27:18 am »
If you're having teeth problems, cut back on the fruit, and eat/swish bone meal, dolomite, or healing clay right after each time you eat fruit. Also, don't forget to floss every day.

Offline MartyD

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2011, 03:47:28 am »
First off, thanks for all the support, I'm quite shocked at it, so thanks.

IMO, olive-oil is not, however raw.

Really, huh, on the Wai diet this was an important factor, making sure one had extra virgin cold pressed olive oil. But ill take your word for it.

I saw countless sheep grazing on wildgrass and  heather in county Donegal

What a coincidence I'm from Donegal, but yeah all beef and sheep in ireland are reared on grass, so shouldn't be any problems in that department, probably why it's so popular!!

You may think of making test or taking a closer look at your poo. No kidding, nothing to be ashamed of. Most probably luckily it is not the case for you but who knows, does not cost anything to check!

Do tapeworms show up in your stools, never knew that, what should i lookout for? Must do a bit of research on that. As well as that, I am currently on a parasite cleanse using wormwood, black walnut and cloves as well as the odd bit of raw garlic. This is part of a kidney cleans using parsley tea and watermelon seed tea and a colon cleanse using 4 total cleanse by Genesis. I'm working up to a liver flush which is coming up n 3 to 4 weeks time. Hopefully that will do some good as well!

If you've eaten up to 400g carbs, I doubt you've eaten 200g fat in addition
Yep I have actually, coming from olive oil and avocados, about 100ml of olive oil and 2 x big avocados a day. Olive oil is mixed through juice.

If you're having teeth problems, cut back on the fruit, and eat/swish bone meal, dolomite, or healing clay right after each time you eat fruit. Also, don't forget to floss every day.

Didn't know they helped but yeah could do that cause you really do need alot of fruit on the Wai diet.

One thing that I find frustrating is the different and conflicting views on food by all these gurus, for instance Wai says that too much protein is bad for acne, which is true as Ive met people on the Wai forum who have switched to a raw paleo diet and said it works even better than the Wai diet for acne even though their eating alot ore protein. Also you all support eating raw vegetables which is absolutely forbidden on wai who says their toxic and will only pollute you. Who do ya listen to!!! But from the people on wai that switched, Id say that paleo is the way to go, I mean i don't think my ancestors were climbing trees in Ireland to fetch a banana or mango whilst basking on the beach under the sun, More likely huddled together in a cave, freezing, eating fatty meats to build up a layer of fat to survive the winter!!

So yeah thanks for all the help lads and lassies, ill be starting paleo when I do a bit more research and reading on this forum, but this weekend defo!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 04:28:35 am by TylerDurden »

Offline zbr5

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2011, 05:55:16 pm »
Hi Marty.

Do tapeworms show up in your stools, never knew that, what should i lookout for?

They are tiny, moving threads. Very small but definately visible because it is many of them and they all move.

Offline MartyD

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2011, 09:08:50 pm »
hey are tiny, moving threads. Very small but definitely visible because it is many of them and they all move.

Cant really see any but in all of your past experiences would i be best to get checked out for tapeworms, or have any of you done a parasite cleanse using wormwood, cloves and black walnut, the hula clark method?
Also from reading posts parasites can be a problem with so much raw meat, so does that 14 day freeze work and if so would i be best not to start the diet until I have frozen meats etc for 14 days?

Also I made a sample diet plan to make sure I'm getting all my vitamins and minerals, with most been met to rec-comended levels but the saturated fat and cholesterol levels were incredibly high, like 500% the rec-comended level, so was wondering if that is going to be a problem on the diet?

Offline magnetic

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2011, 10:13:21 pm »

Also I made a sample diet plan to make sure I'm getting all my vitamins and minerals, with most been met to rec-comended levels but the saturated fat and cholesterol levels were incredibly high, like 500% the rec-comended level, so was wondering if that is going to be a problem on the diet?

Saturated fat and cholesterol, if from raw grass-fed/wild animal sources, can be eaten in large amounts without compromising health. The upper limit is more on calories--what your body needs to heal and thrive, which varies from individual to individual. Studies showing that saturated fat and cholesterol as being unhealthy or only to be consumed in moderation are flawed, as they were utilizing substances that were oxidized and/or damaged through cooking or heating, or where animal products were fed to herbivores such as rabbits.

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 07:04:08 am »
Olives are healthy

Not disagreeing with them being healthy, but I thought olives were inedible raw?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 03:54:12 pm by TylerDurden »
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 03:54:00 pm »
Not disagreeing with them being healthy, but I thought olives were inedible raw?
No, they are very edible when raw.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline bacchus

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2011, 01:32:53 am »
But how do they taste? From what I gather even ripe olives straight from the tree are monstrously bitter.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2011, 01:47:48 am »
Yeah, you can't eat them fresh! They have to mature after harvest. They can then be put in an hermetically sealed jar and be kept several years. Most of the times, after opening the jar you still have to let'em in the open air at room temperature in a plate for some days until their bitterness disappear. 

How do they taste? Very yummy, just like matured olives  ;)
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline MartyD

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2011, 06:12:52 pm »
Been a while but just an update, haven't really been able to stick to the diet 100%, need a bit more organisation and only recently started juicing vegetables and it doesn't seem to bother me. My problems are still there although I have gained over a stone since i started which is a great thing for me, look a lot healthier.

I have a question and don't know if this is the right place to ask it.
I am doing a coconut oil detox to see if that helps my situation any better, done the saliva test and those questionnaires so was gonna give it a try, my only concern is the fact that there is no protein for three days and i don't want to loose any weight, i heard meat inhibits candida so was wondering if a small amount of beef steak just to get a small amount of protein would be ok?

Thanks Again.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 07:31:47 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline djr_81

• Hakuna Matata
  • Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2011, 10:33:52 am »
I have a question and don't know if this is the right place to ask it.
I am doing a coconut oil detox to see if that helps my situation any better, done the saliva test and those questionnaires so was gonna give it a try, my only concern is the fact that there is no protein for three days and i don't want to loose any weight, i heard meat inhibits candida so was wondering if a small amount of beef steak just to get a small amount of protein would be ok?
Two things:
1) If you're performing a coconut oil detox stick to just the coconut oil and don't worry about a couple days without protein. If you do lose any mass it won't take long to come back. Good Samaritan can advise you on this as it's his area of expertise.
2) Note: This is purely anecdotal findings on my part...Candida will actually sustain, albeit in a slowly diminishing state, on a meat & fat based diet. There's a fine line with protein in versus protein out and when you get more than you need in your diet the Candida will opportunistically feed on the leftovers. I've just experienced it this past week as I had been very active the month before so got used to eating more meat vs. fat and after missing the gym all week (due to a power outage) I'm having some recurrent issues pop up since I kept my intake up.
https://www.facebook.com/djr1981
As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.
-Henry David Thoreau

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk