Author Topic: wild hare  (Read 1881 times)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
wild hare
« on: December 09, 2011, 11:36:14 am »
I just got some wild scottish hare and it has a very strong smell and taste. Much more so than any other meat I've had. I wouldn't necessarily call it bad but it may simply have too much flavor for me since it is a wild animal. Is this unusual or am I simply not used to it?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 04:38:28 pm by TylerDurden »
-----------

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: wild hare
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 04:44:24 pm »
You're just not used to it. The problem is that we humans are used to eating cooked foods for decades which are generally deficient in taste(which is why most SAD-eaters adulterate their cooked foods with extra spices and sauces in order to enhance the taste). Anyway, this means that richer-tasting foods will take longer to get used to. Therefore one should start with fresh, raw (grassfed) meats, then when one is used to that start with the raw organs and then, finally, try raw wild game, which has the richest taste of all.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: wild hare
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 02:20:17 am »
I ended up eating it and felt fine except for waking up to a painful leg cramp after which has never happened to me before in my life, although I cant see how the two could be related. Otherwise I thought it was great and got used to the flavor half way through.
-----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk