Author Topic: Unexpected side effect (drug use)  (Read 12019 times)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Unexpected side effect (drug use)
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2011, 12:32:38 am »

Although there are studies that show positive effects from marijuana there are also plenty that show negative effects. On one of those links you provided earlier in the thread there's a bunch of 'related articles', pretty much all suggesting that mariujuana is harmful.

Btw, what do you eat when you got the munchies? I tend to eat waaaay too much when I smoke weed, to the extent I can barely walk or sleep sometimes.

If you are talking about the science daily website I am aware of that. Some of the related articles listed there completely contradict the article I put up. You have got to remember that there are people such as pharmaceutical companies constantly trying to give weed a bad name because of the danger it poses to their money making. Usually when you have a negative study that completely contradicts a positive one it is because they used the worst mexican shwag smuggled in here in a gas tank and then through someones asshole that was sprayed with pesticides and was probably genetically modified. I am aware of many studies that were later revealed to be complete frauds such as one in which they "proved" that cannabis smoking can kill you by strapping a gas mask on to a monkey and suffocating it with the smoke until it died by giving it only smoke and no air. There are countless studies done in such a way.

As far as the munchies go, I used to have the over eating problem. Now however I find it hard to overeat on raw foods to the point of pain since this type of food digests so much more easily.

I think troll, that if you look honestly at the asthma issue, you will find most people don't have a problem with asthma and smoking pot.....as long as they have an inhaler handy!

The only thing I would mention is that these people definitely have a lower quality of health at this age than they would if they were living more healthfully, they may be alive, but in many cases they are barely functional and not self sufficient.

You completely misunderstood the asthma issue. Some people use the weed instead of an inhaler. As in, they will have an asthma attack, then take a hit of weed and it will act like the inhaler or better. One of the officially recognized excuses for a medical card is asthma after all. Search online and you will find countless examples of people who use it in this way.

As far smoking cannabis and having a lower quaility of life when you live to 100, tell that to the 100 year old super heavy lifetime ganja smoking yogi who does hand stands or days, or balances for days on a pole 20 or more feet in the air twisted in all sorts of positions that you would never come close to doing, and all this while never having eaten meat in his life. These types of people are very common in india and often have vibrant health until the day they die.

PS: I just read that article you posted and there are a bunch of people on that thread who say they use it in the way I described.
-----------

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2011, 01:02:16 am »
Resins. Now I got the picture. Not really oil.
This all makes me think of the Budwig cure and how people use cottage cheese from the store and cure their cancer but when as a raw foodist that eats healthy food I tried it, I felt pretty bad after 3 days so wouldn't give that to my "patients" (family). I figured that the other people were eating so badly already that it didn't effect them and even helped them, "good" food being a relative term. I figured if it didn't make me feel good then it wasn't the best thing to give someone already struggling.

I know that eating a bad oil like canola is out of the question for me, but cooked food is not. I don't feel energized and alive from cooked foods like I do raw ones, but they don't make me immediately feel ill like a bad oil does. Maybe the cooking of the cannabis would be good, but not if it were a resin that broke down with heat in a way that affected the human body like cooked vegetable oil. If someone told me that margarine cured their cancer, it wouldn't matter, I would never eat that stuff.

So with this cooked resin I wonder if for a very sick person that is in cachexia where the cancer is stealing all their food and wasting their body away and they are so tense and in so much pain that they can't sleep and in desperate need of something in that resin or in the smoke if it's overall a good effect for some of something that is not really ideal generally - much like the pasteurized dairy with the flax oil... or not? I bet the way to really know if it is healthful is for someone (or a bunch would be better) like us on this board to be eating an all raw healthy diet and try it and see what it does to our digestion and health over the course of a period of months.

There are just too many cures that increase one's health progressively and continually even if one does not have cancer. I personally would choose those. I wonder if this heated resin is one of them or not? If it has to be in cooked food I already know that it would not be the best compared to the cures I already am familiar with. If one can cook it alone, perhaps it would be? If as a heated product it still has good effects on raw foodists - then I would say it is worth investigating and maybe fighting for. Again, there are just too many amazing, simple, pure, nutritive and legal cures with outrageous success rates and which are things i would do even when very healthy.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2011, 04:05:56 am »
Why does everyone ignore the possibility of a vaporizer?  Vaporizers don't produce all the harsh damaging products of combustion, but still give the THC. They only get up to about 130F, if I recall correctly, just enough to vaporize the THC.

CitrusHigh

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2011, 05:41:29 am »
Haha, more like 365F . 130 isn't even legal pasteurization temp.

I would say  vaping is PROBABLY much healthier than smoking, even at the hot temperatures, but if allowed to cool to 115 or less  it may have no negative health consequences at all. However, this depends on what heating element is being used, if the material is something like aluminum, then you're likely going to be inhaling aluminum over time, which is no good, we all know that. The ideal vaporizer would be one where everything being superheated was glass, which was inside of a large chamber that is also glass, where the vapor would be able to cool to a reasonable temperature, and then inhaled. Nothing like that exists as far as I know. In commercial varieties you either are inhaling super hot gas directly, and/or the heating element and 'bowl' is made of metal, and/or the capture chamber for the vapor is plastic, all of which do or may come with health risks.

I think the volcano ejects the vapor in to a big plastic bag doesn't it? That is fine if allowed to cool a bit,

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2011, 07:42:43 am »
Why does everyone ignore the possibility of a vaporizer?  Vaporizers don't produce all the harsh damaging products of combustion, but still give the THC. They only get up to about 130F, if I recall correctly, just enough to vaporize the THC.

Like i said before, vaporizers have so many parts and different materials you have no way of knowing what kinds of byproducts are being prduced from the unit heating up. All sort of metals and plastics are being heated and will give off some fumes, especially the longer you use the unit. Like I said before, units such as the hotbox have been shown to give off benzene. I remember when I used the herbal air vaporizer for an extended period of time without smoking at all to be healthier, I got this horrible dry scratchy throat that was way worse than anything I experienced from smoke.
-----------

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2011, 09:28:27 am »
I never thought about heat and plastic. I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but does this also apply to humidifiers used in the winter by some to bring up the humidity house air because of the drying nature of house heating?

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2011, 02:53:56 pm »
I haven't thought about it. I wouldnt worry about that as much as I would worry about directly inhaling such fumes out of a vaporizer. It is something to think about though.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 05:01:33 pm by TylerDurden »
-----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk