Author Topic: Multiple Sclerosis Info  (Read 17766 times)

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple Sclerosis Info
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2012, 11:58:00 am »
Ah - I didn't realize you were paying for a consultation. It will be interesting indeed to hear the opinions you get during your consultation.

My suggestion is to try to evaluate each of the foods singularly as much as you can. I realize that it's not always possible for some folks to do that. My body reacts quickly so it's pretty clear to me what my body likes and doesn't like - but it does seem to me that your body has told you pretty clearly that it doesn't like vegetables. How does your body react to fermented vegetables? I noticed they were on your list.

Offline Aaaaaa

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2012, 01:35:20 pm »
Fermented veggies are better than raw for me...I can eat about a "condiment" sized amount with a meal easily.

Yeah, I don't think that reactions to food are always immediate for me...like with cow dairy, I just get this feeling that whenever I eat it for awhile, and then stop I kind of get a "withdrawal" from that.  Which probably means its not the best for me.  I am going to look into goats milk, but for now, no dairy. 

Offline Aaaaaa

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2012, 12:27:03 pm »
Well, my consultation went quite well!  I wish it was longer, because I didn't get to ask a few questions, however I emailed them so hopefully he'll get around to replying to me sometime.
Basically, he said he's worked with many people with MS over the years (he's a ND), and in his expierience, the diet that works best is very very high in fat, quite low in carbs, and moderate in protien.  He advocates quality foods (like I already eat, grassfed, wild etc), that are raw or cooked as little/gently as possible (just barely searing meat/steam veggies lightly).  He said raw meat is great!  And also that meat and veggies shouldn't be combined...which might explain my veggies = bloating problem.  He also said to start smaller and with the more soft, easy-to-digest veggies like cucumber, baby lettuce etc.  I seem to get that even with a small amount of veggies combined with my meat, or visa-versa.  Given his expertise in this area, and the fact that what he suggests is quite close to what I was leaning towards already (it is nice to have someone validate your assumptions, though!), I'm going to give what he's told me a good try. 
So, basically:
~raw or barely seared grassfed meat and sashimi fish (I'm going to probably get about 1/3 of my meat fresh bison, and 2/3 frozen highland beef, due to cost.  And then wild tuna sashimi once a week or so).

~a large green salad (with lots of leafy greens and other green veggies, sea veggies, olives, onions...etc, at least 1/2 avocado, plus raw olive oil and ACV for dressing), as well as fermented veggies.

~lots of fat with everything--3 TBSP raw coconut oil per day, cream, butter, backfat, suet, marrow, eggs, raw cheese.  I think fat is the answer to my constipation--I *though* I was eating a lot of fat, but now that I am trying to follow his reccomendations, it seems I really wasn't after all!

~supplement with a lot of fermented cod liver oil and krill oil (not sure if I can afford both, but I'll be doing FCLO for sure, as it makes me feel WAYYYYY better...vitamin D!!)

~also, no fruit, honey, nightshades, sugar or grains (obviously LOL).

So, in light of the proper food combining for good digestion, I think I'm going to try something like this...
#1--morning--lemon or lime in warm water
#2--breakfast--raw eggs or barely warmed omlette with raw cheese or smoothie (cultured cream, eggs, butter, maybe some vanilla or cinnamon?)
#3--work lunch @5pm--sashimi with coconut aminos + wasabi or raw meat + spices + fat (on my 2 days off per week, I might sear it for like 2 seconds, just for flavor).
#4--work snack @9:30pm--large green salad
#5--before bed snack @11pm--a cup of bone broth with salt/spices/fat if I'm really hungry/seaweed flakes

So, this is my plan so far.  We'll see how it goes!! :-)  So far I feel pretty good, and I've done the second half of my plan today (everything minus the breakfast)...I do feel much more grounded and satiated with all this fat.  And no ill-effects from the dairy!  I did mention the dairy-MS link, but he said that he feels dairy is a great food even for people with MS (obviously unless you have an actual allergy to it), and as I said before, I'm pretty sure all those dairy-MS link studies are done on pasturized, homogonized, Holstien dairy that I'm sure we ALL can agree is poison!

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2012, 03:46:31 am »
So nice you got confirmation! Sounds like you have a good solid plan to try.

I assumed that when you said that veggies make you bloated that you were also talking about veggies eaten alone. Food combining I think can really make a difference for some people. Good that came out and got talked about.

The only thing that made my eyes perk up a little bit was the coconut oil. To me that is fruit based and does not combine well with many other foods. Just be a little careful with that combining and make sure it sits right with you.

And...... just in case...... I'd like to put out there that you don't really know if you have a sensitivity to dairy until you eradicate it completely for a while and then introduce it again so........ if you don't get the complete results that you want you can always keep it in your back pocket to experiment with that if necessary.

Congratulations on having your plan set and please do keep on keeping us posted!

Offline letsdoiteczema

• Buffalo Hunter
  • Call me LDIE for short =)
    • View Profile
    • Healing from severe suicidal eczema
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2012, 09:02:22 pm »
@SileIndigo

I am VERY Surprised to hear that an "ND" would recommend raw meats...I've always thought that mainstream Naturopathy recommended vegetarian, vegan diets. I guess Dr. Ron is one of the smartest out there that could finally see the truth!
Wishing everyone the best in health and happiness! much love to all!

My severe suicidal eczema healing blog: http://eczemabye.weebly.com/

Offline stoneforest

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2012, 10:28:09 am »
Hi Silindigo, thanks for sharing ur story.   Could u tell me what dr. Ron recommended with respect to the the amounts of food  and ratios of fat to protein to carbs?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk