Author Topic: Pastured beefheart-carpaccio with wild mushrooms and onions  (Read 6002 times)

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
Pastured beefheart-carpaccio with wild mushrooms and onions
« on: April 02, 2012, 06:10:48 pm »
I just have to share my lunch with you cause it was so delicious!!!
I sliced some pastured beefheart that was already quite "ripe" (for a few weeks on a wooden plate in my fridge starting to get a nice scent..) added sliced onion, totally crispy airdried wild mushrooms, olive oil, a little balsamic-vinegar, very little seasalt.

The crispiness of the mushrooms and the spicy onions.. That did so well with the hearty beefheart. Real good!

Inger
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 08:40:14 am by TylerDurden »

CitrusHigh

Re: Pastured beefheart-carpaccio with wild mushrooms and onions
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 06:23:05 pm »
Good morning (here) Inger! Thank you for sharing yet another masterpiece! Your recipe sounds, and looks, stellar!

It is so funny to think of someone as feminine as you going to the butcher or farmer and saying "May I please have the beef heart!" What did they say to you the first time you asked? Did they give you funny looks?

Offline Isthmus

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 06:59:05 pm »
Hey Inger, yeah thanks for sharing. You inspire me to try and make 'dishes' with raw palaeo by showing that you really can do cool stuff. What's in your photograph looks absolutely delicious!

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 07:27:34 pm »
Thank you Isthmus! :-* It do was delicious!

It is so funny to think of someone as feminine as you going to the butcher or farmer and saying "May I please have the beef heart!" What did they say to you the first time you asked? Did they give you funny looks?

Hmm.. ;) thank you for the nice words LCO. The butcher / farmer thought I was cool... looked at me in awe..  ;D
I always tell the sellers about my food..ha. They like to here about how I cook my food also. I always warn them before and ask - do you REALLY want to hear...? And they always want... and then I tell.. about how I eat raw mackerel heads and eyes, raw lambsearts and such.. They always are very kind to me and polite and try all that I can get what I want. I am very fortunate I have to say. And really thankful for people being so very nice and hearty, indeed! Never have any said a bad word to me about my eating habits, ever! And I am really open about it.

Inger

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 03:33:24 am »
That looks/sounds very tasty.

Offline Lynnzard

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 08:20:13 am »
That looks so delicious. I love your plate choice, too. It gives more structure to the overall presentation than a round one would've.
Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 08:48:11 am »
I found that I like air dried mushrooms too. Never liked fresh ones, whether raw or cooked, but air dried I like. I became curious to try it after learning that entheogenic mushrooms are typically dried to reduce toxin load. I figured that toxins tend to be bitter and reducing toxin load might make them tastier.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk