Author Topic: agriculture, anyone?  (Read 3024 times)

Offline Python

• Trapper
    • View Profile
agriculture, anyone?
« on: October 19, 2008, 08:20:44 am »
it might be strange to ask on a forum about a preagricultural diet but does anyone here practice farming of any kind on any scale or have any plans to in the future?

I plan to raise free range, grain-free ckickens, pasture fed dairy sheep, oysters, and fish. On top of that, I intend to have some fruit trees, greek vegetables, and a couple algae photobioreactors.

Maybe I'm a geneticly post-ag man because I crave home grown food and hate to hunt the supermarkets for it.
Growth hormones are groovy.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: agriculture, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 08:28:32 am »
it all depends on the future...

if I have the resources to afford my own land then you can bet I'll be practicing growing foods, if not raising animals for food.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 09:20:42 am »
I just recently visited an Aeta mountain people community and agriculture is practical for them and they combine it with hunting.  Agriculture for them means a stable reliable source of food and hunting wild boar, wild deer and wild chicken is a bonus when they do catch it from time to time.

My wife dreams of your farming dream and we have gone tripping to buy agricultural land but so far have not bought any yet.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Python

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 11:10:44 am »
As soon as I have the money and land, I'll probably give the farmsteading thing a shot. I just need a job that will allow me to work from home(like a computer programming job) and then a woman that can put up with all of my craziness(and still be a worthwhile breeding partner).
Growth hormones are groovy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk