Author Topic: sick as a dog...  (Read 6443 times)

Offline seesawsemiology

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
sick as a dog...
« on: October 15, 2008, 11:47:52 pm »
so ive had a hell of a few days, im pretty sick and really uncomfortable.i went to the doctor and they told me i have some sort of bacterial infection in my intestines -[
fortunately she didnt prescribe antibiotics(it seems like indiscriminatly killing good bacteria along with bad isnt such a hot idea)
i dont know how it happened! i get my meat from a good source (local,grassfed,etc.) and it always comes frozen anyway.
im not willing at this point to give up my diet but this is really lame.
anyone have experience with this? how do you keep that bacterial balance? anything i can do to expedite my recovery?
this is nooooo fun....

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: sick as a dog...
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 12:11:04 am »
That's strange. Generally speaking,I've only had such things appear when I've mixed raw and cooked(junk) foods together in quick succession. Are you perhaps eating too much in one go?

Well, if this had been me, I would have resorted to either eating some "high-meat" in order to get some extra bacteria in order to restore the right balance within my body, or I would go in for a 2-3 day-long (mineral-)water-fast to allow my stomach to sort itself out. I'm sure you're leery of "high-meat" at this stage so  probably best to go for the 2nd option.

Re antibiotics:- I was once given antibiotics when I was 14. The stuff very nearly killed me, I vomited everywhere and felt like death for days. Yet, the nurse pretended that antibiotics never had such an effect. I found out later that that was nonsense.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline seesawsemiology

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 12:18:17 am »
That's strange. Generally speaking,I've only had such things appear when I've mixed raw and cooked(junk) foods together in quick succession. Are you perhaps eating too much in one go?

Well, if this had been me, I would have resorted to either eating some "high-meat" in order to get some extra bacteria in order to restore the right balance within my body, or I would go in for a 2-3 day-long (mineral-)water-fast to allow my stomach to sort itself out. I'm sure you're leery of "high-meat" at this stage so  probably best to go for the 2nd option.
i agree, it is strange. ive been all raw for a bit now and generally dont eat that much (though i tend to do most of my eating in one sitting)
i also am still doing some raw dairy, perhaps thats the culprit?
im not scared of high meat but im not sure if i could get it down with the smell.i have a friend here in seattle who is also on raf, maybe he has some going...
otherwise i guess mineral water it is, maybe some kombucha too.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 12:51:13 am »
Raw dairy and raw meats together definitely don't mix. I felt forced to keep them separate when I still drank raw dairy early on in the diet. And it's generally recommended on RAF diets to avoid mixing them. I think(?) milk requires alkaline digestion, whereas meats require mild acidic digestion(?)
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline seesawsemiology

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 01:02:31 am »
well ive been thinking of dropping dairy for a while now, 'spose its a good time for that.
id rather not have to worry about combining food at all. im moving more and more towards a 'the simpler the better' attitude with eating. i want to feel good and this week i really dont .so, some trouble shooting is in order! 

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 09:10:27 am »
so ive had a hell of a few days, im pretty sick and really uncomfortable.i went to the doctor and they told me i have some sort of bacterial infection in my intestines -[
fortunately she didnt prescribe antibiotics(it seems like indiscriminatly killing good bacteria along with bad isnt such a hot idea)
i dont know how it happened! i get my meat from a good source (local,grassfed,etc.) and it always comes frozen anyway.
im not willing at this point to give up my diet but this is really lame.
anyone have experience with this? how do you keep that bacterial balance? anything i can do to expedite my recovery?
this is nooooo fun....

Do your colon cleanses.  Do a 2 or 3 day fast.  I know I do 3 day orange juice fast or coconut juice fast when I feel bad.  Then re-evaluate your sources.  I felt bad when I tried large amounts of pork.  Raw dairy makes me gassy. Raw meat or organs must always taste good for me, if they taste bad I throw them away and conclude that was a sick animal.  For example liver, I go to the market and taste it on the spot, if it tastes bad I tell the butcher I'm not buying.  Same with other meats.  They must pass the taste test.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 09:14:07 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline seesawsemiology

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 11:21:17 am »
i mostly drank water today but also had some kimchee (it seemed like a wise idea, good bacteria and all) and may end up fasting if it doesnt get better soon.
i was considering having raw yogurt that i made for the same reason as the kimchee but think i might just drop dairy from now on.
i really do trust my source and have been to the farm, also (unfortunately) all my meat,liver,marrow,etc. comes pre frozen which rules out a lot
what do you mean by colon cleanse g.s.? any tips?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 12:44:51 pm »
This is about colon cleansing
http://www.curemanual.com/detox-protocols/colon-cleanse

Since you live in the USA, take Colosan for quick results.  For rehabilitation of a sluggish colon take Barefoot Herbalist MH's LBB capsules.  Maybe 8 capsules per day until you feel you have rehabilitated yourself.  When I do a fast I take a colon cleanser to make sure I move my bowels everyday.

There are a couple of product links at the bottom of the page.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 12:47:19 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Kristelle

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 09:18:51 pm »
What symptoms have you been having?

Offline seesawsemiology

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 01:42:13 am »
really bad abdominal pain and pretty much nonstop diarrhea.it seems to have cleared up though (so far, today)
but lasted around five days.

Offline timmypatch

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 06:11:43 am »
make sure you are drinking plenty of water.  dehydration is the most serious threat posed by gastroenteritis (which you probably have) since you are essentially purging your bowels every 20 minutes.  I've been in your place a couple of times myself in the last couple of years and what I find works best is fasting until the problem clears up.  The first time I got the stomach flu I was paranoid about not getting enough nutrition since I could hold very little down and what I did manage to keep down came right through me within a matter of minutes.  As a result, I would continuously try to force myself to eat food whenever possible, and a ended up taking weeks to finaly get better.  I ended up losing about 12 pounds.  When I had began to have the same issues a year later (same severity) I simply stopped eating until I felt better which took about 3 days, never relapsed, and only lost a couple pounds.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk