Author Topic: Raw paleo diet and BODY ODOR  (Read 7690 times)

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Raw paleo diet and BODY ODOR
« on: January 07, 2012, 08:51:44 pm »
Hi raw paleo dieters,

what are your experiences with raw paleo diets and body odor?

If I rely on raw animal fats as major energy source I get strong and unpleasant body odor.

This is one of many other reasons why I switched to coconut fat.

Raw Fruits + raw coconut fat + raw wild fish + raw lean wild meats + salads = zero body odor.

Löwenherz

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Raw paleo diet and BODY ODOR
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 09:03:27 pm »
I had deeply unpleasant body odour on cooked diets. Any cooked animal food I eat makes me sweat very smellily, even now. My body odour  after eating only raw animal foods is not really unpleasant, although I will admit it smells even less if I eat only raw plant foods.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 12:00:26 am »
I've never had much of a problem with body odor on any diet, cooked or otherwise. Right now I depend on fat for most of my calories, but I still don't seem to get a noticeable body odor.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2012, 03:48:38 am »
Hi,  I always appreciate your insight Lowenherz.  Wondering if you're eating too much animal fats with meats, easy to do because it's so tasty that way, and how fresh the fats are you're getting.  There are opinions that because animal fats are saturated they are not prone to rancidity or oxidation.  Not my belief at all.  I do so much better on very fresh fat.  I assume what fats you're talking about are raw?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 04:53:03 am by TylerDurden »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2012, 12:17:09 pm »
I have never had much body odor.  It's a little stronger on RAF than vegan, and also when it includes fermented dairy, but I've never had much at all. 

The only time I've had unpleasant body odor is when I was eating a lot of dried fruit.  My hair actually started to turn gray, at age 25, and my body odor got bad.  As soon as I quit eating dried fruit my hair went brown again, and the odor stopped.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 01:46:58 pm »
I smelled sweet on raw fruitarian (2 months)

I smell normal on raw paleo (4 years)... maybe it's because I did my detox protocols before I went raw paleo.  So there's not much to detoxify.  http://www.curemanual.com/detox-protocols-and-treatments/

I use calamansi / lemon under my arms when I go to meetings.

My eating to poop transit time is 12 to 24 hours.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 04:33:09 am »
There are opinions that because animal fats are saturated they are not prone to rancidity or oxidation.  Not my belief at all.  I do so much better on very fresh fat.  I assume what fats you're talking about are raw?

Yes, all fats I eat are generally raw and I totally agree with that raw animal fats can indeed become very rancid. If I eat rancid fats like old olive oil or cooked animal fats of any kind I get brown aging spots on my forehead. I think it's a sign of oxidative stress. This never happens when I eat raw fresh animal fats. But if I eat aged raw beef fat or fat from grain fed animals I get such spots on my forehead even if the fats are raw. In such fats seem to create more body odor.

Raw coconut fat dissolves these brown spots! It's the best fat for my body, in every respect, for my skin, my brain, my heart etc. Sorry, if I repeat this again. After many years on a raw paleo diet, I'm really happy that I have found the "fat" solution.

Löwenherz

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 04:35:12 am »
I use calamansi / lemon under my arms when I go to meetings.

I could never follow a high animal fat diet for a prolonged time in a tropical climate.

I noticed that raw coconut fats protect my body against very cold weather AND against very high temperatures...

Löwenherz

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 12:19:47 pm »
Hey come on man, how are getting these raw fats from coconuts if not using oils?   I have searched and tested around and found a couple of companies that got great lengths to expound how raw there new processes are.. I tend to believe them, but all of them expose the coconut oils to lots of air during the process, etc. and enzymes are fragile, they don't have an unlimited shelf life like many people would like to think  "processed below 112f,).   Are you finding those really fatty dark brown hull varieties and making your own fats from them?

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 02:20:45 am »
Hey come on man, how are getting these raw fats from coconuts if not using oils?   I have searched and tested around and found a couple of companies that got great lengths to expound how raw there new processes are.. I tend to believe them, but all of them expose the coconut oils to lots of air during the process, etc. and enzymes are fragile, they don't have an unlimited shelf life like many people would like to think  "processed below 112f,).   Are you finding those really fatty dark brown hull varieties and making your own fats from them?

Unfortunately coconut oil doesn't work for me. I make fresh raw coconut milk everyday.

Yes, of course I use fatty fully ripe coonuts. All kinds of young coconuts are useless because their fat content is very low.

Löwenherz

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk