Author Topic: Possible new essays for rawpaleodiet.com and this forum  (Read 5501 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Possible new essays for rawpaleodiet.com and this forum
« on: January 08, 2012, 08:07:27 pm »
I have been thinking of writing 2 essays for rawpaleodiet.com. One would be a definitive essay on the myriad ways that cooking causes harm to one's health. The other essay would be one suggesting a myriad ways for a SAD-eater to eat a "less unhealthy" cooked diet, if they didn't want to go rawpalaeo.

The thing is, I have noticed how a lot of us have partners or relatives who have all sorts of health-problems but who are hysterically afraid of the notion of eating raw meats. The 2nd essay would therefore be useful as a sort of compromise for the latter. I already know of some ways(such as cooking in moisture, cooking at lower temperatures etc.) But I suppose I will have to do some more research to make the essay complete.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
Re: Possible new essays for rawpaleodiet.com and this forum
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 02:40:05 am »
The other essay would be one suggesting a myriad ways for a SAD-eater to eat a "less unhealthy" cooked diet, if they didn't want to go rawpalaeo.
Here are some links along those lines:
Food Reward: a Dominant Factor in Obesity, Part V
Thursday, June 2, 2011
http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/2011/06/food-reward-dominant-factor-in-obesity.html
[Includes info on traditional forms of cooking.]

AGEing gracefully
Posted on May 5, 2010 by Dr. William Davis
http://www.trackyourplaque.com/blog/2010/05/ageing-gracefully.html

Sous Vide Moves From Avant-Garde to the Countertop
Published: December 8, 2009
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/09/dining/09sous.html?pagewanted=2&_r=3

By traditional methods, the steak has to be blasted with heat from the outside, anywhere from 350 degrees (normal oven temperature) to 800 degrees (the grill at Peter Luger’s). As the heat transfer takes place, the meat changes: proteins coagulate, fibers contract, collagens loosen, liquid evaporates. By the time the center is a rosy 135 degrees, the surrounding flesh is dried out.

“About 45 percent of a rare beef loin cooked by normal methods is technically overcooked,” said Chris Young, the culinary research manager at Intellectual Ventures in Seattle....

Study shows food preparation may play a bigger role in chronic disease than was previously thought
http://www.news-medical.net/news/2007/04/25/24202.aspx

A Simple Solution: Steam, Boil, Stew Despite the ubiquity of AGEs, Dr. Vlassara and her team offer simple, safe, and economic solutions that echo the recommendations given concerning trans fats—watch what you eat. New methods of cooking to reduce AGE intake, particularly steaming, boiling or making stews, can make a difference. "Keeping the heat down and maintaining the water content in food reduces AGE levels," Dr. Vlassara says. A 50 percent reduction in AGE intake could have a significant and positive impact on overall health and may even help extend one’s lifespan, according to Dr. Vlassara. In other studies, the team has found that cutting AGE intake in half, but maintaining a diet comprised of the same calories and fat, increased the lifespan of animals when compared with animals fed their usual diet.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 05:07:54 am »
Thanks for all the ideas. I'm sure they are all useful.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Aaaaaa

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 09:50:43 am »
Yes Tyler, I think you should write those essays!  I would love to read them :-)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk