Author Topic: PUFA:SFA Balance?  (Read 9410 times)

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
PUFA:SFA Balance?
« on: January 11, 2012, 01:47:18 am »
If someone eats alot of eggs and salmon which are very high in PUFA should that same person balance the fat intake with more saturated fats like butter,lard,marrow,brain,coconut oil for better health?? is there science behind this PUFA:SFA balance? just like omega6:3?

Im really curious how does that works.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: PUFA:SFA Balance?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 02:03:34 am »
The science is  a whole load of b*ll¨*ocks . Ray Peat and other  retarded gurus try to portray us as as weirdos, but these psychos have no scientific evidence to support their views.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 07:24:26 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Wattlebird

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 04:02:48 am »
for what its worth, there is a pervading trend at present to view nutrition as a scientific puzzle to piece together into 'perfect health': so much of this, this much of that, a balance between this and that, not too much of something else, and so it continues.
And this puzzle keeps changing with each new item of research.
To my way of thinking, placing too much emphasis on eating to  scientific guidelines (and of course there are always opposing scientific guidelines) is to deny the awareness and signs  that the body already provides with regard to eating agreeable and not agreeable foods and how much is enough or not.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 04:44:52 am »
If someone eats alot of eggs and salmon which are very high in PUFA should that same person balance the fat intake with more saturated fats like butter,lard,marrow,brain,coconut oil for better health?? is there science behind this PUFA:SFA balance? just like omega6:3?

Im really curious how does that works.

Yes, definitely!

From my own experience in the last years I can say that everything what Ray Peat has written about PUFAs is absolutely correct.

One example is my (very sensitive) skin: If I eat PUFAs without the protecting saturated fats I get sunburns VERY quickly. The more PUFAs, the worse it gets. If I use coconut fat, the most saturated fat on this planet, as my main fat I NEVER get a sunburn, even not in Florida. A sunburn is an inflammation of the skin caused by UV rays of the sun. Raw saturated fats are extremely protective. They also protect our joints, our brain, our liver and all other parts of the body. Most unsaturated plant fats are highly neurotoxic, have higly undesirable w6/w3 ratios and promote inflammation when eaten in higher amounts, even if they are raw.

Löwenherz
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 07:18:12 am by TylerDurden »

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 04:58:07 am »
The science is  a whole load of b*ll¨*ocks . Ray Peat and other  retarded gurus try to portray us as us weirdos, but they bare psychos have no scientific evidence to support their views.

Tyler I respect you a lot but you also said  that PUFA is ok when its raw because its only the cooking that makes it problematic...

But its not always true... What happens when raw PUFA gets into the body??
They are no longer raw. Lipid peroxidation, AGE's and other toxins ensue, regardless. HCL is to thank for this.

Endogenous AGEs certainly appear to play a bigger role than exogenous AGEs, although consuming excess amounts of AGEs is probably not a good idea either.

http://inhumanexperiment.blogspot.com/2009/10/fats-and-ages-pufas-are-even-worse-than.html

Only seasonal foods contain most PUFA and as all seasonal foods like eggs for example they all have abundance of nutrients but I noticed that it all comes with a price of a certain toxic substance in all of the seasonal foods in the case of eggs its pufa in fruits its fructose in nuts its anti nutrients and in plants its plant toxins..  seasonal food have some little percent of toxins with them.. what we do in today society is overeating on those foods and at some point the benefits of the nutrients abundance in this food become much less than the toxic effects as they accumulate in our tissues..

I think we all should be happy with that as it proves once again that  meat and fat(saturated from grass grazing animals and perhaps  coconut oil?) based diet is the best for optimal health.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 02:25:53 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 05:13:21 am »
Ray Peat and other  retarded gurus try to portray us as us weirdos,...

Oh, really? I never had the feeling that anyone wants to portray me as "weirdos".

Why are you so angry?

Löwenherz

Offline achillezzz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 06:28:33 am »
Oh, really? I never had the feeling that anyone wants to portray me as "weirdos".

Why are you so angry?

Löwenherz

"Bullshit must be relentlessly attacked until destroyed. No diplomacy, no hey man, why are you so angry. That's the language of the timid."

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 07:27:39 am »
"Bullshit must be relentlessly attacked until destroyed. No diplomacy, no hey man, why are you so angry. That's the language of the timid."
  Exactly. The trouble with the PUFA advocates is that they deliberately cite false studies which have no bearing on what they are trying to claim etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Aaaaaa

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 10:11:07 am »
Löwenherz, I was wondering--how do you eat your coconuts (oil, cream, whole etc)? 

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2012, 02:22:45 am »
Löwenherz, I was wondering--how do you eat your coconuts (oil, cream, whole etc)? 

I make fresh raw coconut milk everyday, with a blender and sieve, very easy..

Löwenherz

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2012, 02:43:19 am »
Löwenherz, what's your opinion about whole coconut? Too much fibre?
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2012, 03:23:26 am »
Löwenherz, what's your opinion about whole coconut? Too much fibre?

I love to eat whole fresh coconuts, but the harsh fiber causes big trouble in my gi tract, especially in the colon. Therefore I prefer coconut milk like all the people in tropical countries..

Löwenherz

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2012, 04:42:21 am »
Do you add water to get it to blend?

Offline Aaaaaa

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2012, 05:04:42 am »
I think you mentioned in that other thread that you get frozen coconut meat, is that correct?  Because I also can't find fresh whole brown coconuts that are good quality, but I would like to try fresh coconut milk and cream!  I'll have to look for frozen coconut meat next time I'm at the store!  Do you think freezing doesn't effect vegetables and fruits as much as it effects animal products?
What about this low temp dehydrated coconut: http://www.wildernessfamilynaturals.com/product/coconut-products-coconut-flakes-chips/CDUCO3.php if I can't find frozen?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 05:10:22 am by SileIndigo »

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2012, 07:51:27 pm »
I prefer coconut milk like all the people in tropical countries..

Where did you hear that all people in tropical countries prefer the milk to the whole coconut?

Would be interesting to hear GoodSamaritan's view on this, do you prefer whole coconut or coconut milk? What about the general population of the Philippines?
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 02:18:08 am »
Do you add water to get it to blend?

Of course..

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2012, 02:26:57 am »
I'll have to look for frozen coconut meat next time I'm at the store!  Do you think freezing doesn't effect vegetables and fruits as much as it effects animal products?
What about this low temp dehydrated coconut: http://www.wildernessfamilynaturals.com/product/coconut-products-coconut-flakes-chips/CDUCO3.php if I can't find frozen?
I don't think that freezing causes a dramatic damage to our food, in contrast to cooking.

Dried organic RAW desiccated coconut meat is another good idea, but due to the dryness it becomes very sticky if you mix it with water in the blender. It doesn't work very well. Generally, bigger flakes are better than the very finely ground for making coconut milk.

Löwenherz

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2012, 02:29:29 am »
Where did you hear that all people in tropical countries prefer the milk to the whole coconut?

I didn't hear it, I have seen it in several tropical countries.

Try to eat bigger amounts of fully ripe/mature coconut meat. Most people get massive digestive problems from the very harsh fiber.

Young coconuts with soft flesh are much easier to digest but their fat content is low.

Löwenherz

Offline Aaaaaa

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2012, 05:54:22 am »
I don't think that freezing causes a dramatic damage to our food, in contrast to cooking.

Dried organic RAW desiccated coconut meat is another good idea, but due to the dryness it becomes very sticky if you mix it with water in the blender. It doesn't work very well. Generally, bigger flakes are better than the very finely ground for making coconut milk.

Löwenherz

Cool, thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk