Author Topic: Question about Allergy  (Read 4302 times)

Offline ems

• Forager
    • View Profile
Question about Allergy
« on: February 20, 2012, 09:43:26 am »
Hi.
I have eaten Raw Paleo diet 100% for almost two years. I eat mostly Raw meat, dairy, (butter, milk, cheese) honey, eggs, and vegetables juices. fruit as Papaya, pinapple, tomatoes,
All my skin problems (acne) have gone. I feel strong, healthy and happier than before.
I have some concern about allergy though and even about PMS,menstruation.

If anyone has an answer to these questions.. I'd be very happy.

I'm allergic to horses.  Days after I had been in the stables I'm still sensitive and I easily get allergic reactions from different things.
Is there any food I can eat that does this better.

I think I have more PMS now than before. I'm very sensitive about the whole menstruation cycle. I'm 30 without any kids. Maybe that is a reason to. I get very sad or angry during these days. Any suggestion what I can eat to make this better?

« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 03:15:01 pm by TylerDurden »
Thanks for sharing,
Best Emma

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Question about Allergy
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 09:56:28 am »
Get rid of all the dairy and veggie juices for a few months and see if you improve. Those 2 are the biggest problems on a RVAF diet.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 10:29:44 am »
From what little you have said I would say that doing as Tyler suggested might be one solution.

From an Ayurvedic perspective I would tend to reduce or eliminate fruit as it may tend to aggravate pitta which sometimes shows up as anger.

Another probably stronger possibility is that during menstruation, the body is essentially working hard to accomplish it's goal of making a perfect place for a baby and in the process it takes your energy down quite a bit (normal). However if in your case you are allergic to the horses which also takes your energy down a bit, so when combined, your energy is dropped to the point where you might just feel tired which can be fixed by;

1. rest when possible
2. limit any physical work
3. watch a movie/read a book (or whatever you enjoy)

This is not that unusual by the way. Often women think they are being lazy by resting during this time but that's just one of those things.

If guys really knew what was going on with their wives etc they would insist on them not working, doing laundry, cooking or having serious responsibilities during this time. It would save the world a lot of marital discord.

Also interestingly one book on Ayurveda suggested that women be relieved of cooking duties (happens naturally on our diet) during this period especially if there are teenaged boys around as the hormones can come out of the hands (skin) into the food causing issues with young boys who ingest it.

Exercising is especially bad news at this time as it may cause amenorrhea.
Cheers
Al

Offline ems

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 11:15:15 am »
Thanks guys for your reply.

Tyler, Don't you think if I get rid of all dairy, vegetables and fruit I will get too much acid / acidic in the body. How do you stay basic?

Usually I drink milkshake with milk,eggs and honey every morning. Then after one hour I drink vegetables juice on celery, parsley, cucumber and lemon. after a couple of hours I eat lunch. Meat with some sauce made with creme or cheese, oils and some spices, along with papaya and tomatoes. sometimes pinapple, no salt, no pepper. After every meal I eat honey and butter.

I guess I can replace butter with avocado. And skip some fruits. But for breakfast it is harder. What do you eat for breakfast?  I love my milkshakes in the mornings.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 03:24:32 pm by TylerDurden »
Thanks for sharing,
Best Emma

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 03:34:30 pm »
I didn't suggest getting rid of fruit, raw-al did, I'm very much in favour of raw fruit. I don't think one should go RZC unless one has some form of intolerance to carbs. Those with intolerance to carbs seem to be the ones mainly thriving on RZC diets, not so much others. By all means try RZC if nothing else works, though.

Craig, our former admin, mentioned how the acid/alkali theory was bogus since when he was on  a cooked vegetarian diet, he found his body was too acidic. I agree, the body automatically self-regulates itself, keeping the blood PH value within very narrow limits, so that the acid/alkali theory is clearly wrong.

I note that you seem to be eating lots of meals throughout the say. A lot of RVAFers have found that they did better re healing etc. if they had just one or two large meals every day. The idea is that digestion is a tiring process that drains the body so that it's best not to be constantly digesting throughout the day.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 07:55:21 pm »
You seem to combine plant food with animal food at the same meal. I would strongly recommend not doing that. Plant food requires different digestive juices than animal food (basic vs acidic) so combining them hinders digestion. Both wont digest properly which might cause partly undigested particles to enter the bloodstream and cause allergic reaction.

I would try that before ditching juices, fruit or dairy. But that's just me. If this diet with lots of dairy has cleared up your skin problems I think it is rather unlikely that dairy is the problem.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 07:59:03 pm by TylerDurden »
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 08:30:42 pm »
Tyler,

You like fruit, I appreciate that. You hate dairy, I appreciate that. Just because that works for you and others does not mean that it works for all.

The theory about blood alkaline/acidity is great new-age fiction.

For people who have a problem with fruit, it is that the acidity in the fruit dissolves the protective mucous layer and then the underlying mucous membrane. When this happens bacteria get into the open wound and various types or versions of sores (cankers or mouth ulcers) can erupt.

This is why you should never let soap get near mucous membrane areas of your body, because it strips the protective coating away allowing bacteria in, which of course causes exactly what you are trying to get rid of... infection. It's funny the effect that years of misleading advertising has on people. Soap is a modern invention and is unnecessary.

In less severe cases or more gradual cases, what happens is the tissue is damaged downstream in the stomach, causing ulcers there. Frequently in severe cases, the excess acidity will makes it's way uphill (heat rises) and gradually affect the throat area and then the teeth. In the case of the teeth, the acidity causes them to essentially rot. Sensitive teeth result from this erosion, as the dental nerves are exposed, which gets worse and then serious dentist interventions are necessary when the serious infections set in. In the throat it causes sore throat, goitre, coughs and eventually they degrade into colds.

That's why you hear stories of fruitarians losing their teeth or being racked with pain, yet some people do manage to  be fruitarian for years.

The solution (pun intended) is to eat fat. This is basically a substitute or close approximation of the mucous coating.

Some people do well on many meals and some do well on one meal per day and all shades of grey in between. There is nothing wrong with either, if that is what makes you happy.

My bottom line is that fruit, or dairy or juices may or may not be the issue.  I agree with Hit_it_Raw's thoughts.

If it were me I would try as he suggests, separating the veges from the other meals and separating the fruit from meat meals. Then I would back  off the fruit and or make sure you eat it with fat of some variety. Dairy fat works the best.
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 08:57:29 pm »
I suspect that the reason you don't do well with the horses, is that a barn is an unnatural place. We are used to the idea, so we think it is normal. However what you have is animals walking around in their own feces or urine breathing air filled with it's odours.

Don't believe me. Stand in one spot all day and urinate and defoecate where you stand.

No animal in nature is forced to live in an enclosed building, breathing the air from it's own excrement. Even though horses have had many generations of this degrading exposure, they are not immune to it entirely. Additionally they are usually made to stand still in a small stall which is also difficult. Imagine being asked to live like that.

These smells will aggravate any human or animal and in your case I suspect that the acidity of these smells affects you, because there is also a lot of bacteria in the air.

There is serious speculation that this is why when Europeans went to North America starting in the 16th century, their diseases spread like wildfire on the indigenous populations.

The NA aboriginals did not have domesticated animals. The only ones who did were in South America (Llamas) and they are not kept in barns, so no walking around in their own feces and urine, breathing rotten air.

So the Europeans had a history of diseases which started out in animal enclosures, had suffered large population excursions, due to lots of food, but lots of diseases.

Pigs seem to be the worst and interestingly the Quran which originated in the part of the world where pigs were originally domesticated, mentions its danger as a food.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 09:07:41 pm by TylerDurden »
Cheers
Al

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 03:56:09 am »
One possible antidote to try would be to soak;

4 to 8 dates (Medjool are best) (remove the pits)
in milk overnight

Then in the AM blend (in a blender) them
and drink the mixture.

Naturally if you have a reaction of any sort then don't do it.
Cheers
Al

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 04:33:11 am »

I'm allergic to horses.  Days after I had been in the stables I'm still sensitive and I easily get allergic reactions from different things.
Is there any food I can eat that does this better.

I think I have more PMS now than before. I'm very sensitive about the whole menstruation cycle. I'm 30 without any kids. Maybe that is a reason to. I get very sad or angry during these days. Any suggestion what I can eat to make this better?

In my experience, vitamin D is very good for reducing allergic reactions.  It might not get rid of the reaction completely, but it would probably help. You can use a low-pressure tanning bad, or take a vitamin D softgel.  I've read that herring has a lot of vitamin D, so I would eat it if you can get fresh herring.

You may need to either eat more fat, or eat different fats, for the menstruation issues. That would probably help.  What kinds of fats are you eating?

I know some women take the Chinese herb Dong Quai for menstrual issues, it's a very gentle herb, and has no side effects for most people. That might help too.

Offline ems

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 11:38:23 am »
thanks guys for you time and answear.

cherimoya- I eat fat from cow. Butter and cream, sometimes bone marrow. Avocado.
 I will do some more resarch about Dong Quai. Sound interesting

hit_it_raw- It's true i do mix plant and animal food. But just whit avocado, tomatoes and spices and sometimes papaya and pineapple. I've heard that avocado, papaya, pineapple, tomatoes are OK to mix Whit animal food.

Thanks for sharing,
Best Emma

Offline Ioanna

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 12:41:24 pm »

the only times i've notice discomfort are when i've eaten too much (raw) fat or the slightest bit of cooked fat (ie. eating something with my family to be polite).  it's funny because sometimes i know i ate too much, but i think i got away with it because my digestion was perfectly fine, but then i will feel at that time of month.  as for family/friends... i am not polite anymore.. cooked fats (usually olive oil in my family) of any amount are the most painful for me i've noticed. 

looking at what you've posted, i'd first suspect the cheese. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk