Author Topic: Glutathione in raw milk & raw egg whites (article)  (Read 13985 times)

Offline FoxWoman

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Glutathione in raw milk & raw egg whites (article)
« on: March 30, 2011, 10:35:33 am »
Found a very interesting article published by Christopher Masterjohn on Weston Price Blog:

http://www.westonaprice.org/blogs/2010/09/11/the-biochemical-magic-of-raw-milk-and-other-raw-foods-glutathione/

Apparently, raw milk, raw lean meats and raw egg whites have copious amounts of glutathione - "the master antioxidant and detoxifier of the cell".

Offline laterade

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Glutathione in raw milk & raw egg whites (article)
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 01:42:55 pm »
Great post!
I quit isolating the yolk a couple months ago and I feel even better after eating them.
The idea of it seems bizarre to me at this time. Lots of good stuff in all parts  ;D

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 12:43:45 am »
   Makes sense to me. Isn't glutathione  good for the brain? Isn't fat? Isn't the nutrients in cow brain good for it? Of course they spread rumor that eggwhite should never be eaten raw, the healthiest way.  That's wonderful news now we have info to persuade people to eat another whole food.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline personman

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 11:37:41 am »
What about avidin and biotin depletion? Is this a myth or what??? So many mixed messages.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 02:30:21 pm »
What about avidin and biotin depletion? Is this a myth or what??? So many mixed messages.
No one is sure. There were isolated reports of people dying if they just ate only egg-whites for long periods. There seems to be enough biotin in the yolk, though, for there to be no problems eating raw eggs. Fertilised raw eggs also have much lower avidin levels than the unfertilised kind.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline personman

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 03:51:28 am »
Thanks Tyler. Do you know what signs/symptoms would tip off a self-experimenter? I could use these cues(if they exist) in my experimentations...

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 05:48:10 pm »
Thanks Tyler. Do you know what signs/symptoms would tip off a self-experimenter? I could use these cues(if they exist) in my experimentations...
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biotin_deficiency
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline personman

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 01:16:38 pm »
thanks again, never overlook the obvious standby eh?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk