Author Topic: The REAL reason hunter gatherers & neolithic's Had short lifespans  (Read 5652 times)

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
The only reason hunter gatherers didnt live long lives, was because they had malformed communities & no effective forms of communication, resulting in whats known as socially induced apoptis, cell death

Poor health didnt kill them, it was loneliness ... & no real communities or relationships to convince our biology, which is hard wired to survive in a community & through relationships, simply doesnt work in the face of a life time of solitude, or a life time of long spells away from loved ones

Longevity has very little to do with nutrition, apart from regeneration & healing, its well formed communities & the relationships we create, which give us the reason to live,

Its proving to our natural selection of cells, through complying with the natural social checks built into our cells, designed to weed out ppl who cant function in a community, or form healthy & long living relationships with the people around them, our very own cells start to kill themselves, if we cant communicate effectively in a community & relate to ppl

The MAJOR factor in modern longevity, is nobody is ever really alone, thanks to telephones, televison, the internet, we convince our socially hard wired cells to let us live longer

This is why hunter gatherers, & other older tribes & cities had such short life spans, fractioned communities with none functioning relationships & poor communication, induces socially induced cell apoptis

Our cells dont work, if we dont have relationships to use them & diversity afforded of complex communicative relationships

It's no coincidence, with the rise of the mechanical print & the invention of wireless & telephones, the mortality rates of people, living in isolated communities & poor functioning relationships, started to rise

The Diversity & complexity of communication, allows us to form more effective communities, & relationships, which convinces our socially hardwired cells, for working in tribes & packs, to stop dying

Our biological cells are hardwired to naturally weed out anyone who cant function in a tribe or a community, even if that person is in full health

If all our televisions, phones, internet, stopped functioning, millions of people, even if they were all on raw paleo diets, would start dying of socially induced cellular apoptis, because of the lack of diverse communication between hundreds of different communities & relationships they no longer have.

Offline yon yonson

• Global Moderator
  • Chief
    • View Profile
Re: The REAL reason hunter gatherers & neolithic's Had short lifespans
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2010, 11:55:05 am »
are you kidding me?! this might be the most ridiculous thing i've seen on here. i don't even really know how to respond. civilized humans have better relationships than the indigenous?!

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 12:10:50 pm »
Yeah I was thinking is this some kind of trolling?
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 05:26:12 pm »
That's really a cockamanie idea.
There were much stronger communites thousands of years ago than it is today. Today we've got atomized society with generally weak bonds between people.
Do you blame vultures for the carcass they eat?
Livin' off the raw grass fat of the land

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 05:41:13 pm »
Quite. In palaeo times, ties within tribes were much stronger than today. They had to be or they would not have been able to survive.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 05:55:49 pm »
How many people here live alone?

I do, living alone in HG or paleo times would of been fairly lonely and difficult.

Albert Camus

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 05:58:43 pm »
How many people here live alone?
What do you mean by "alone". Alone in a house? Without any friends?

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 06:15:00 pm »
I live alone and meant no spouse/housemates/kids etc but with friends and family outside of your home.

Please speak up if you people out there live totally alone I would be interested to hear your thoughts.

Albert Camus

Offline majormark

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 07:12:03 pm »

Interesting. I remember I heard that before (it was related to Chinese communities and longevity). I think relationships definitely play an important role.

I doubt that every individual felt very satisfied with his relationship with others when in a small tribe. I think it's also about quality because you can also have damaging relationships.

Offline Hannibal

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 07:44:05 pm »
I live alone and meant no spouse/housemates/kids etc but with friends and family outside of your home.
I live with my parents, but in about half of the hear I'll stay alone, because they will move out to some bigger flat.

Offline SkinnyDevil

• Chief
  • "...embrace your fear..."
    • View Profile
    • Skinny Devil Music Lab
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2010, 12:21:42 am »
are you kidding me?! this might be the most ridiculous thing i've seen on here. i don't even really know how to respond. civilized humans have better relationships than the indigenous?!

Hahaha!

In rooney's defense, it should be noted that with all the strong bonds in tribal life, there was less social freedom. Individuality, in small bands, is often frowned on. Tradition & status quo (since it is often a matter of if the tribe survives) is held far above individual expression and risk taking.
-
--
David M. McLean
Skinny Devil Music Lab
http://www.skinnydevil.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk