Author Topic: Open ocean fish - should they be included in the paleo diet?  (Read 2507 times)

Offline Haai

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Open ocean fish - should they be included in the paleo diet?
« on: January 24, 2012, 07:04:57 pm »
Our paleo ancestors surely would not have had access to fish living in the open ocean, such as tuna and swordfish? So should we be eating them (regularly or at all)? Perhaps we are not fully adapted or have not evolved to assimilate these animals optimally. Maybe they even have some harmful properties?

Fish like salmon on the other hand I can imagine were eaten in very large quantities at certain times of the year, when they migrated from the seas and in to the rivers to breed. Brown bears continue to exploit this today.
"In the modern, prevailing view of the cosmos, we sit here as tiny, unimportant specks of protoplasm, flukes of nature, and stare out into an almost limitless void. Vast, nameless tracts of emptiness dominate the scene. Talk about feeling small.
But we do not look out at the universe; it is, instead, within us, as a rich 3-D visual experience whose location is the mind" - R. Lanza, Beyond Biocentrism.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Open ocean fish - should they be included in the paleo diet?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 07:43:44 pm »
If we are adapted to eating fish living near the coast, I would imagine we are also adapted to eating fish living in deep water.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk