Author Topic: howdy  (Read 6358 times)

Offline zoomaster

• Forager
    • View Profile
howdy
« on: January 25, 2012, 04:32:10 pm »
I just started a week ago and it's extremely difficult so far. I haven't cheated, unless jerky counts. Is jerky raw? I still can't seem to figure that one out. I don't know how much longer I can last, though I do believe I have the mental stamina to last as long as it takes. Does it get easier to go raw paleo?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: howdy
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 04:56:12 pm »
I just started a week ago and it's extremely difficult so far. I haven't cheated, unless jerky counts. Is jerky raw? I still can't seem to figure that one out. I don't know how much longer I can last, though I do believe I have the mental stamina to last as long as it takes. Does it get easier to go raw paleo?

It gets easier the longer you are on raw paleo.
Body and tastes adjust.
Eating cooked food can be disgusting.
Especially well done stuff.

Why did you choose to try raw paleo diet?
What are your goals?
Illness? Weight? Just health? Vanity?
Want to be a 200 year old hermit?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline zoomaster

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 05:08:39 pm »
I play a competitive sport, and want to gain energy for training and seeing the effect of the diet on the athletic performance.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 05:57:45 pm »
You need to read this thread and the other threads in the "Info for Newbies" section will be useful, too:-

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/important-info-for-newbies/sticky-advice-for-newbies-wishing-to-slowly-ease-into-a-raw-animal-food-diet/

The above contains an easier, slower method for switching to raw foods. I hope you haven't been making standard newbie mistakes such as eating raw, grainfed meats and the like? Those taste foul and can never be gotten used to, only raw, grassfed or raw,wild meats are fine.

Another thing:-  jerky is fine and often raw. The trouble is that many jerkys I've heard of have extra artificial flavouring added. Lex Rooker has a jerky-making manual over on rawpaleodiet.com if you're interested in making your own.

I noticed that I built up muscle a bit quicker when I lifted weights on a rawpalaeodiet and that the muscle-gain took longer to subside if I stopped weightlifting. That said, by the time I switched to rawpalaeodiets I had developed some weird muscle-weakness , so it may just be that I went back to normal after eating a more healthy, raw diet. Then again, Schwarzenegger in his autobiography mentioned how  the more cooked his meats were the less useful they were for building muscle.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 12:11:20 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 04:08:30 am »
ARNOLD ate raw meat??? Hee hee.  O0

Howdy right back at ya! Are you from Texas too by any chance?

Any change of diet is hard at first. When your performance and health starts to improve - the real motivation then sets in.

What's your sport?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 06:52:06 am »
If you're having cravings for cooked food or junk, try eating more raw high-quality fat.  Fat is very satisfying.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 12:13:50 pm »
ARNOLD ate raw meat??? Hee hee.  O0

Howdy right back at ya! Are you from Texas too by any chance?

Any change of diet is hard at first. When your performance and health starts to improve - the real motivation then sets in.

What's your sport?
  Arnold never ate raw meat. He merely mentioned that, when he was in the Austrian Army, that he did not develop muscle as well when he ate over-cooked meats which were available in the canteen. He is a nasty little sh*t since he vetoed a pro-raw-dairy-bill re bacteria a while back.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 12:16:11 pm »
  Arnold never ate raw meat. He merely mentioned that, when he was in the Austrian Army, that he did not develop muscle as well when he ate over-cooked meats which were available in the canteen. He is a nasty little sh*t since he vetoed a pro-raw-dairy-bill re bacteria a while back.

Darn!

CitrusHigh

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 02:03:55 pm »
Yeah, he is a little wanker. I remember when he vetoed that bill, I wanted to go and kick his ass at the time. But that's ok, he's gone now never to hold office again, thank god.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 06:07:15 pm »
Darn!
Uma Thurman and Mel Gibson are the only celebrities I know who follow a raw-meat diet. Not sure if they're still on it, though.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2012, 02:47:27 am »
I don't know how much longer I can last, though I do believe I have the mental stamina to last as long as it takes. Does it get easier to go raw paleo?

What are you eating exactly?

Arnold never ate raw meat.

How do you know he never ate raw meat. I read he was raised on raw meat and raw milk, but I did not save the information.

Uma Thurman and Mel Gibson are the only celebrities I know who follow a raw-meat diet.

I read that about Uma, and that Mel consumes also olive oil, avocado and alcohol, calls it The Tiger Diet.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2012, 03:20:37 am »
Oh, there is a link about Schwarzenegger eating raw eggs, but that's all I've ever come across.
" Ron Paul.

Offline zoomaster

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2012, 09:30:10 am »
    What are you eating exactly?

Meat: jerky, sardines, smoked salmon, sashimi
Vegetables: lettuce, tomato, bell peppers, cucumbers, seaweed, carrots
Fruit: bananas, melons, mangoes
Nuts: almonds, walnuts, homus, pistachoes, cashews

and a little bit of chocolate.

i would like raw dairy, coconuts, and more raw meat but it's tough to get them where i am.

i'm always hungry. but i am still going strong.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk