Author Topic: Variety  (Read 9224 times)

Offline Wattlebird

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Variety
« on: February 05, 2012, 11:23:30 am »
It may be interesting in terms of regionality, availability, and of course instinct, to see what (raw food) is being eaten.
This is - to the best of my memory - the foods I have eaten over the past 2-3 weeks or so:

Abalone
Sea Urchin
Limpets
Turban Snails
Oysters
Fish (various: Dory, Snapper, Teragalin, Salmon)
Ox-Tongue
Chicken Eggs
Almonds
Peanuts
Walnuts
Cashews
Sea Cabbage Weed
Kelp SeaWeed
Cherry Tomatoes
Snow Peas
Cucumber
Cauliflower
Celery
White Sweet Potato
Plums
Apples
Bananas
Nectarines
Peaches
Lychees
Blueberries
Red Lentils (soaked)

anyone care to share....?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Variety
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 11:52:34 am »
Scallops
Sea Bass
clams
bananas
tangerines
oranges
cashews
raw honey
sashimi (different types)
raw cheese
mangoes
dulse

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 12:13:17 pm »
I spot cheese, so i'll play.

Organ mix (Primal Mix)
Dog food
Some misc other beef, but not alot
marrrow bones
oxtail
beef liver
beef thyroid
beef tounge
lamb tounge
leg of lamb
ground lamb
grass fed pork hocs
grass fed pork bones
pork testicles
beef fat
lamb fat
stinkfish (swordfish)
mussels
prawns
scallops
oysters
littlenecks
steamers
squid bodies
tangello
orange
satsumas
cranberries
wild cherry and wild blueberry (preserves)
bok choi
bitter Asian greens
watercress
sage
radishes
carrots
red carrots
parsley
cilantro
red kale
kelp
dulse
Kabocha squash
winter squash
acorn squash
cassava
butter
cream
milk
small bits of cheese
honey
hony comb
Maine bee pollen
Mongolian pine pollen
maca
horseradish
turmeric
french green clay
terramin (on the teeth anyway)
probably some other outright crap
duck eggs
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 12:23:33 pm by KD »

Offline Wattlebird

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 12:20:24 pm »
Thanks Cherimoya_kid and KD,
and are you both able to source a large percentage of the food locally?

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 12:29:34 pm »
I try to get alot of stuff locally. all the seafoods, some beef and lamb, veg, honey, and winter starchy fruits come from my state or close by. Some of the stuff is regional. I have to order things like specialty dairy which could be construed as somewhat local as its just a few states away. The only place I know to get all grass-fed pork is from slankers (within the country but not very local) as well as some of the other specialty things. The pork used to be almost like wild meat (red) but seems worse quality now but I like some of their other stuff and I can't beat the pricing on some things even with shipping. I tend not to buy much of anything outside the US. More how my diet is than principle, but some of both. I could eat 100% locally year round ( maybe more like 95% with some fruits from FL or other items for variety) if my state allowed to sell non-frozen meats, or if I just ate seafood (and hunted) I guess. Or raised my own or bought on the sly like some folks here wisely do. I buy some meats and other food at whole foods which automatically has evil attached to it, as well as the lamb coming in from kiwiland I guess, so not 100% on that rule.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 01:09:48 pm by KD »

Offline papangue

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 03:02:47 pm »
Hi kd, do you eat cassava raw ?

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2012, 06:43:46 pm »
raw cheese
Cheese?? What about bread, macaronis, cakes and pies?
  :o  l)  ;D
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 07:41:53 pm »
ran out of money but luckily I just bought a load of free roaming beef produces. All i can afford to buy atm is 1l raw milk a day for my kefir. So the last couple of weeks it was just:

Beef muscle meat (all kinds)
" liver
" suet
" marrow
Raw milk Kefir(made with kefir grains)
Little raw honey (1/2 teaspoon a day or so)
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 07:53:31 pm »
All i can afford to buy atm is 1l raw milk a day for my kefir.
Raw milk Kefir(made with kefir grains)
It looks like this forum should be renamed « Raw Neo Forum »  ;D
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2012, 08:08:18 pm »
*sigh* Could people please put their posts/topics in the relevant forums?!  I mean, this is the Instincto/Anopsology forum where dairy/cassava and other nonsense should not be discussed. A lovely plant, cassava, which contains the delightful poison  l)  , cyanide,  a Neolithic-era plant which needs to be treated specially before it can be safely eaten, but anyway....

No criticism here of the original poster, by the way, who at least stuck to Instincto guidelines and wasn't taking the piss.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Wattlebird

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 03:57:56 am »
*sigh* Could people please put their posts/topics in the relevant forums?!  I mean, this is the Instincto/Anopsology forum where dairy/cassava and other nonsense should not be discussed. No criticism here of the original poster, by the way, who at least stuck to Instincto guidelines and wasn't taking the piss.

Hi TylerDurden
no problems, I guess there are not so many folk that eat this way, or, perhaps do not view these posts anyway.
Each to their own.
For me, that there are (some) others that eat in a similar manner to myself (instinctive) is in itself quite astounding. See: http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/instinctoanopsology/kindred-spirits/msg82621/#msg82621
Kind wishes, J
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 04:43:18 am by Wattlebird »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2012, 04:00:30 am »
Thanks Cherimoya_kid and KD,
and are you both able to source a large percentage of the food locally?

I live about 6 hours from the coast, so I don't know if that's local, but yes, it's seafood from the coast nearest me.  (I think my sea bass might be imported, not sure) My cheese/milk is always local.  Fruit usually isn't, although I like local fruit when I can get it.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2012, 05:00:49 am »
For me, that there are (some) others that eat in a similar manner to myself (instinctive) is in itself quite astounding.
On the contrary, I was astonished that no one else seemed to have discovered it independently because the idea seems so logical and straightforward! 

Cheers,
Francois
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 06:37:24 am by TylerDurden »

Offline Wattlebird

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 05:14:53 am »
Hi Francois,
Ha, well it is a delight to find other 'Instinctos'!
Perhaps you could include some of the foods from your region you have eaten recently.
Wild boar may be a provincial special?
And shellfish possibly?
Kind wishes, J

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 06:05:13 am »
Yes, one of my fridges is packed with a lot of aged wild boar, fatty pork raised and fed acorns by some instinctos friends who are here with me now, and the liver and heart of a badger. Two skinned badgers (road kills) are hung in the basement as it is cold enough at the moment  :). 52 eggs from my own hens (currently laying about 4 per day) in the other fridge along with sweet potatoes from Spain, carrots, fennels, broccoli, celery…  Other foods we have now are apples, kiwis, a few remaining persimmons, tangerines from Spain, organic bananas from the Dominican Republic, home dried figs, prunes and peaches from my orchard, dates from Saudi Arabia, Iran and Tunisia, tamarind from Thailand, carob, walnuts, hazelnuts, pine nuts, almonds and avocados from Spain, peanuts and coconuts from Cameroon, olives from somewhere else in France and other things I forget… ;)  I ate all the wild oysters my friends brought from Brittany and I will probably buy some shellfish next Saturday.

Cheers
Francois
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 06:14:07 am by Iguana »

Offline Wattlebird

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 06:23:55 am »
Yes, one of my fridges is packed with a lot of aged wild boar, fatty pork raised and fed acorns by some instinctos friends who are here with me now, and the liver and heart of a badger. Two skinned badgers (road kills) are hung in the basement as it is cold enough at the moment  :). 52 eggs from my own hens (currently laying about 4 per day) in the other fridge along with sweet potatoes from Spain, carrots, fennels, broccoli, celery…  Other foods we have now are apples, kiwis, a few remaining persimmons, tangerines from Spain, organic bananas from the Dominican Republic, home dried figs, prunes and peaches from my orchard, dates from Saudi Arabia, Iran and Tunisia, tamarind from Thailand, carob, walnuts, hazelnuts, pine nuts, almonds and avocados from Spain, peanuts and coconuts from Cameroon, olives from somewhere else in France and other things I forget… ;)  I ate all the wild oysters my friends brought from Brittany and I will probably buy some shellfish next Saturday.

Cheers
Francois

Beautiful.
No one is going hungry at your place!
Ample foodstocks, plenty of good company, must surely warm the cold temperatures. (have seen on tv the cold snap in much of Europe) :)
Kindest wishes, Jay

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 08:22:57 am »

Cheers
Francois

You are awesome.
Sounds like a party invitation.
Sounds like a bed and breakfast advertisement. :) :) :)
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Wattlebird

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2012, 01:49:56 pm »
Today I ate some stinging nettles.
Many moons past, before I had an interest in foraging, (or ate raw instinctively) nettles used to be commonplace in our region.
But in times since, having been declared a weed and erradicated, I have not come across any for ages.
Until today.
From time to time my attraction to green plant matter intensifies and so I took advantage of the find.
Both smell (carefully! bruising leaves) and taste, most appealing.
It was a delight to make the find.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk