Author Topic: decreased appetite for raw meat  (Read 3775 times)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
decreased appetite for raw meat
« on: February 11, 2012, 04:32:00 am »
Lately iv been having a hard time eating the amounts of raw meat iv been eating since the beginning of my diet. Now i usually eat about half the meat I ate before and have no appetite for more and sometimes feel as though I have to stuff myself.

Iv become a lot stronger with no excercise since eating all that raw meat (even though I worked out heavily before I began to eat it raw). Maybe my body was craving it before to bring me to the level of muscle and strength I am at now and is only requiring a maintenance at this point.

Does it sound healthy that im eating so much less meat now?
-----------

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: decreased appetite for raw meat
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 04:42:41 am »
I have the same experience, so I eat what I please which turns out to be considerably less.

My theory is that the food hasn't been mangled by cooking so it is more available for digestion/absorption.

I don't get that starving feeling followed by bloated after eating.
Cheers
Al

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 04:47:34 am »
I don't see a problem with eating less, and hopefully you're making up the difference in fat or other proteins.   I'm assuming you're eating grass fed?  Try finding different sources, (types of meat and locations where it was raised).  In the summer and fall I eat almost all buffalo.  Mix it up with fish, eggs, etc.  And then come back to meat.  You may find you have a craving for it again.  Often it's the cow itself it came from.  When the meat is pale, I don't have much interest.  Lately the meat I'm getting is dark dark red and it is one of my favorite foods period. 

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 04:51:57 am »
forgot to mention to mix it up with organs, like heart and liver.  I eat almost as much heart at times as muscle meat.  You may need other nutrients found in other parts of the animal.     AND, you may have been eating the amount appropriate for you at the start to satisfy your needs coming off a different diet.  And now you may in fact be eating the right amount of protein for maintenance without causing a protein burden for you body to handle.  Excess protein causes harm.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 06:49:50 am »
At first I ate lots of raw meat simply because I was used to eating lots on cooked diets. As time went by, I found I needed to eat less and less of raw foods. That said, I do often binge on raw animal foods despite not needing to, but I also compensate by doing whole-day fasts as well.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 07:02:17 am »
Lately iv been having a hard time eating the amounts of raw meat iv been eating since the beginning of my diet. Now i usually eat about half the meat I ate before and have no appetite for more and sometimes feel as though I have to stuff myself.

Iv become a lot stronger with no excercise since eating all that raw meat (even though I worked out heavily before I began to eat it raw). Maybe my body was craving it before to bring me to the level of muscle and strength I am at now and is only requiring a maintenance at this point.

Does it sound healthy that im eating so much less meat now?

I have the same experience I reported in my Journal.
Maybe our bodies are getting more efficient as time goes by.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 08:42:51 am »
I gained 20 pounds the first couple of months on this diet. I must of been eating over three pounds of meat and fat a day.

Then when I reached about 175 pounds my apatite dropped off dramatically. It seems once I reached my optimal weight , I instinctively began to crave less. 175 is what I weighed before started having digestive problems years ago.

I had the idea at first when I began eating raw meat and growing extremely fast, that in a couple of years I would be 200 pounds and built like a brute. I am kind of glad my apatite did scale back, because I don't think I could afford to eat over 4 pounds of meat a day anyway.

Now I don't even fret about changes in my apatite. It seems to move in rhythm according to my body's needs.

I notice an increase in apatite when I begin eating a fresh kill. I will feast for the first few days. It may just by a way to make  up for lost weight , when I have to eat less .  I will have to pick the bones of a caucus until its gone before I will get a new animal. I often ration out the remains and have go hungry for a few days each month, before the next animal.
Its been a consistent cycle of eating a whole 100 pound lamb every three weeks.

I notice high meat will often increase my apatite, but after a few days of eating high meat with every meal I will loose my apatite for it and will go back to smaller meals of fresh meat.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk