Author Topic: Raw Milk, Green Urine?  (Read 5130 times)

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
Raw Milk, Green Urine?
« on: February 10, 2012, 08:17:25 am »
I'm not sure where to post this, I don't know if health would have been better, but I picked this forum since the Primal Diet includes raw milk. 

When I drink a lot of raw milk (I usually tend to drink and entire half gallon in one day) I find that I end up having to pee a lot more often than usual, sometimes every like 20 to 30 minutes, when normally I only have to go a few times the entire day, and a lot of times my urine ends up having a greenish tinge to it.. and I don't know if this is normal or what causes it.

I have lately been reading about ketosis though, because I feel like my body much prefers to be in ketosis, or at least feels a lot better when I eat a lot of fat.. and I crave fats the most, even if I'm eating a lot of carbs.  So I searched google on how to tell if you're in ketosis without those strips, and among all the stinky breath and stinky urine posts I saw one person mention that you will have to pee a lot more and that it will have a greenish colour to it, although if that's what's causing me to have greenish urine then that would mean that drinking milk immediately puts me into ketosis.. which sounds off, but I don't know what else it could be..

so I was wondering if anyone else here who drinks raw milk has ever had these things happen to them as well?  or knows what's causing this?
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.
I live with my dad, so I also have to sneak any raw meat eating.

Offline aLptHW4k4y

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Re: Raw Milk, Green Urine?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2012, 09:31:44 am »
Just one thing, milk has a lot of sugar, if you drink that much it's unlikely that you're in ketosis.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 09:55:07 am »
Just one thing, milk has a lot of sugar, if you drink that much it's unlikely that you're in ketosis.

well yeah, I didn't really think it puts me in ketosis.  I just found it weird that the description I found was the same as when I drink milk.  but I have no idea what causes it.
Hi, I'm 32, around 5'4" and ~124lb, no real significant health problems other than hyperventilating when running/exercising (that my doc said was because of the smog/asthma), fatigue, and really bad acne.
I'd preferably be a carnivore/very low carb, but I have had a very hard time finding grass-fed or even organic fats, organs, and marrow. I consume raw dairy, but I do not eat much vegetables.. however, I do love fruit.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 02:37:32 pm »
I piss a lot after consuming raw dairy. I'm sure it's just my body's way of getting rid of it as soon as possible.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Wolf

• Chief
  • Grawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 05:14:10 am »
I know dairy isn't the best, but I don't really have any other good sources for raw fats.. there's only 2 stores I've been able to find selling grass-fed beef, and one is trader joe's 100% grass-fed ground beef, and another is an organics store that has 100% grass-fed steaks as well as ground beef, but they are all delivered to the store in vacuum sealed in plastic packaging and they don't have a butcher or anything, so I can't ask for any spare parts, so no extra fat.  I also don't like the taste of the ground beef much, so I end up not eating it, then it sits around in plastic for days and after that it just gets extremely nasty smelling and tasting.  I can't get anything delivered to my house either because I live with my dad, and he will freak out if he finds out I'm eating large quantities of pure fat, raw.  It also gets pretty hot here in southern california, and I'm pretty sure if a package ends up sitting on my front porch all day in the hot sun, it won't be raw anymore when I got home. Eggs also started making me feel sick, and tasting bad.  but I've found a good source of raw coconut butter that I like, so I'm trying to add that to my diet as well as eat more avocados, to get more fat in my diet, but the dairy helps the most and doesn't make me feel too bad.  Better than ending up eating half a pizza from my work when I'm craving fats like I always do when my diet is low on it.

I'd just like to know what causes those things to happen when I drink milk, and if anyone else gets those symptoms.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 12:24:20 pm »
I would try to make sure the dairy is grassfed.  Also, fermented would probably be better than fresh.  Other than that, if it's working for you, I'd keep doing it.  You might want to do a little magnesium supplementation, too, since dairy is much higher in calcium than magnesium.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk