Author Topic: Aajonus V recommending starch and French bread as optimal?  (Read 5801 times)

Offline Charlie4444

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
    • http://www.healthylevelup.com
Aajonus V recommending starch and French bread as optimal?
« on: February 15, 2012, 02:09:27 pm »
Reading "we want to live" by aajonus vonderplantz and by skimming go find his guidelines he says some cooked starch and bread is needed occasionally if you feel like it.  I'll believe anything with empirical evidence, has anyone tried this and had success?  Anyone feel mentally better trying this? Personally, I find it makes my body feel crappy, but the carbs may warm my mind up a bit and make me more friendly and likable, which I think is a problem being on rpd, however, on SAD, I developed this unfriendly situation.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 03:45:37 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
Re: Aajonus V recommending starch and French bread as optimal?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 02:33:54 pm »
    I boiled some organic white flour potato flour gnocci, and ate it with a bunch of raw grass-fed cultured butter after being very low carb all raw for a long time.  I got some amazing feelings from both, but very unique from the gnocci experience, and very good.  I think I may have crashed from it after, as I got a little hyper that night and then down.  The down might not have been from the gnocci or butter etc, not food, but it could have.  I felt best little to no carb most of the time, whilst almost all fat.  Sometime I'll go back and stick with that (all raw of course).
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 02:40:17 pm »
Reading "we want to live" by aajonus vonderplantz and by skimming go find his guidelines he says some cooked starch and bread is needed occasionally if you feel like it.

Go skim again... carefully. AV mentions eating French bread (or other starchy carb) with a fat under certain circumstances, not as a general guideline. French bread is specified, I presume, because it does not contain additives and dough conditioners. If it makes you feel bad, or if you are intolerant of wheat, or if you do not have the conditions that he mentions, then don't eat it. Remember, when you read AV's books, it is different that when you have a personal consultation with him. Not everything you read will fit your situation.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 03:48:22 pm »
I was told that Aajonus had stopped from advising people to eat cooked starches, in recent years. In any case, before that point, he only recommended them to slow down detoxes, nothing more.

I have never benefitted from eating cooked starches since going rawpalaeo. This notion seems like an AV-copout for primal dieters to minimise allergy symptoms from consuming all that raw dairy.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Charlie4444

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
    • http://www.healthylevelup.com
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 04:31:51 am »
Yes I would like a consult with him.  It's just I go out in public and see vibrant, fat, ideal bodies and spirits who got that way eating carbs, that's when I try eating french fries or a sandwich, but it never really helps, if anything hurts
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 05:15:38 am by TylerDurden »

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 06:04:02 am »
... It's just I go out in public and see vibrant, fat, ideal bodies and spirits who got that way eating carbs, that's when I try eating french fries or a sandwich, but it never really helps, if anything hurts

I have to be on guard mentally to prevent buying in to this illusion. For example, my cubicle-mate at work is perfect(!) on the surface. At second glance, she has a runny nose 24/7, is neurotic as all hell, takes high-blood-pressure medication, and catches cold monthly. At the spa I go to, everybody eats frozen yogurt and Starbucks and has a better-looking body, but when you listen to their stories, you have to conclude that this RPD life is way better.

There's an old wine-makers' proverb: "Yes, there is an easier way to make wine, but the wine that is produced in this manner is not fit to drink."
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline HIT_it_RAW

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 06:19:45 pm »
Nowadays AV recommends his NUT-FORMULA instead of cooked starches. He says some people need starches once a week to remain balanced. I tried his nut formula once it was very good. It's ground nuts mixed with honey and butter. Basically it tasted like an expensive praliné.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 07:27:50 pm by TylerDurden »
“A man should be able to build a house, butcher a hog, tan the hide,
preserve the meat, deliver a baby, nurture the sick and reassure the dying, fight a war … specialization is for insects.”

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk