Author Topic: Trap hunting wild boar and deer  (Read 4668 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Trap hunting wild boar and deer
« on: October 19, 2008, 09:42:46 am »
I just came from visiting the Aeta mountain people in Kanawan, Morong Bataan and the spokesman taught us how wild boar and deer are hunted.

Of course they could use guns and arrows.  But by far the most reliable and easiest way to hunt them is by using traps.

Making a trap was very simple as he demonstrated it to us using small simple sticks.  You may have seen this kind of trap in the movie Apocalypto.  You just get a small flexible tree, and there are many, tie your noose on the ground and set the trap for the wild boar or deer to trip over. The tree snaps back up, the noose catches a leg of the boar and the boar is caught.

Since the Aetas are people of the forest, they know how the wild boars walk or think.  These days they set some 60 traps to be able to catch 1 wild boar. 

Wild boar hunting is seasonal.  Otherwise, they would die out in the area.  They have to let the babies grow up.

They say in the old days, during their grand parents' time, hunting was much easier and more reliable.  Maybe it is because there are more hunters now.

So if we are talking about the old paleo times, hunting / trapping may have been easy and a reliable source of food until the large yummy animals died out, probably eaten out of extinction by wildly increasing reproductive intelligent hunting / trapping humans.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 09:49:32 am by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Trap hunting wild boar and deer
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 08:43:01 am »
Here is a picture of the Aeta making a small demo model of the forest trap.
Very simple, very easy, a big enough child can do it.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk