Author Topic: Incorporating Raw Vinegar in Daily Diet  (Read 6964 times)

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
Incorporating Raw Vinegar in Daily Diet
« on: February 26, 2012, 12:57:26 pm »
I was recently re-introduced into mustard since experimenting with a raw animal foods diet and have been enjoying bottles at a time with eggs and meat. I had the revelation that I may be craving the vinegar and have been brainstorming ways in which to incorporate vinegar into my diet.

I find ACV to be too powerful to consume alone but this may be recommended. I've experimented with vinegar with water and prepared mustard.

I'm not sure why I crave vinegar but that I have a limited selection of offal and am forced to eat quite a bit of muscle meat (in effect creating some sort of weird imbalance, I believe).

I've yet to read Dr. Bragg's book on ACV but I intend to find a copy soon.

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Incorporating Raw Vinegar in Daily Diet
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 01:38:23 pm »
I just found this information from a post about gout on goodsamaritan's cure manual:

For diet change, kidneys are stressed as the body cannot process proteins in lean protein such as lean meats or seed proteins or legume proteins, stop taking seed proteins and legume proteins. Animal meat proteins need to be buffered by large amounts of fat so that it will be processed and not put a strain on kidneys. You lower the carbohydrates you eat and increase the animal fat you eat. Animal fat is good for you, specifically raw animal fat enables the cleansing and healing of your kidneys. Raw fat is the missing ingredient in many people’s diets. Examples of where to get raw fat are from coconut meat, avocados, raw eggs, raw fish sashimi, raw beef muscle fat / back fat, raw bone marrow.

That my access to fat and offal is limited suggests a correlation with the satisfaction of ACV.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 03:06:36 pm »
I drink acv mixed with a little water daily for my gallbladder pain. I get it down with no trouble at all at this point. I dont remember whether or not I had trouble with it in the beginning. I believe that it has been helping.
-----------

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 03:56:42 pm »
There is raw apple-cider vinegar. The best kind is organic with "mother of vinegar" in it. If you want to add something else to it, put it in a jar and add some raw olive-oil to it, then seal the jar and shake the contents up before use-(though given Iguana's past comments re cold-pressed oils I am doubtful that any such oils are genuinely raw).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 04:22:58 pm »
There's already a thread about this:
Juice, wine, cider, vinegar

And also:
Vinegar tastes awful, at least for me. It contains acetic acid (result of ethanol's degradation) which is probably much more noxious than ethanol itself.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 04:29:21 pm by Iguana »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 03:48:27 am »
I appreciate your input Iguana but I can't ignore this craving or satisfaction. Moreover, that I have limited access to offal and fat suggests that I need to supplement my diet in some way.

As of now my diet consists of lean red meat and eggs.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 04:13:07 am »
I don't understand how ACV makes up for not getting enough fat. Also, do you need help sourcing fat, or is something else complicating the matter?
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline zeno

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 07:30:42 am »
I don't understand how ACV makes up for not getting enough fat.

Haha--I don't think there is! I mistakenly read the article incorrectly and conjured a connection.

Also, do you need help sourcing fat, or is something else complicating the matter?

Finding adequate sources is difficult for me.

Offline Darwinian Fitness

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
    • Darwinian Fitness
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 08:02:27 am »
Finding adequate sources is difficult for me.

I also had difficulty finding fat sources. I began buying fat online, mostly from Slanker's to add to my diet. My freezer is packed full of fat.

As the vinegar, I take raw apple cider vinegar from time to time. I just add a teaspoon or two to a glass of water.

I like how it tastes, but I've never noticed any change in my health from doing it.
Hi, my name is Chris.
I help people get slim, fit, and strong.
You can find my website Darwinian Fitness at http://DarwinianFitness.com

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2012, 09:36:02 am »
Try a butcher. They typically throw away tons of it. They usually give or sell it very cheap.

I find ACV is way too strong for me.

I went through a mustard phase "Maille Dijon". Also a Lee and Perrins phase. I liked the taste because the muscle meats were not tasty. However it gave me a bit of discomfort.
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk