Author Topic: Healing schizophrenia  (Read 5958 times)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Healing schizophrenia
« on: February 20, 2012, 10:10:45 am »
Hey everyone! I'm making a blog about healing schizophrenia.

I look forward to helping bring the type of schizophrenic persona I have.

It feels good to be able to express freely how my mind works, my thought process. And my real fears about my illness.

Raw paleo has been a major healing factor for me.

Its bringing me back to my reality, realizing life isn't so bad. I have family, love, shelter, food, and best of all the gift of freedom of choice and lots of laughter.

I love raw paleo, I've began eating some regular, cooked foods. My reality is I can't eat raw paleo 24/7. I haven't worked in a little bit.

I'm going to ask for a brain scan. Hopefully soon I can discontinue my medicine, eat more salmon.

I have a brother working at whole foods. I'm greatful he works there, he can help me get healthier. The way to improve my brain I honestly believe is through diet.

Not just eating raw, but improving the omega 3 and 6 balance. Eating previously frozen salmon.

I eat just like this.

Raw beef from most places (Publix, target, sedanos, etc.)
Raw grass fed meats.
Lots of previously frozen for 14 days salmon.
Specific Cabohydrate Diet for carbs
Lots of pasteured eggs, also regular eggs.
Lots of peach and apricot seeds

I believe eating like this is very powerful for healing very well. Its getting me back to life, love and laughter.

My whole mentality has totally changed.

My world has completely stopped asking what others want from me, and I've realized that more or less, I want food and some fly gear lol. My own place too.

I need to get more down to earth, and realize my brain is my best possession before I start wanting other things though.

I'm just greatful I've realized I'm my most prized anything. I only hope for many more years of not just success, but also health and happiness.

Thank you all for getting me where I am today. I can't express my gratitude fully, but I hope I meet some of you in my not so far future.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Healing schizophrenia
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 08:08:06 am »
I have a few suggestions. My first suggestion is to stay away from psychedelics comepletely at least until you get the schizophrenia cleared up as this will likely aggravate your condition.

second suggestion is to get off your meds. If cutting them out completely is too stressful then begin to taper them off slowly until you are completely off of them. Pharmaceuticals are not designed to heal you and will only get in the way of the healing that your new diet is giving you.

third is, apart from simply eating plenty of raw fat which will be good for your brain which is mostly fat, I suggest supplementing with the following fermented cod liver oil which is a very powerful for healing brain function.

http://www.greenpasture.org/public/Products/CodLiverOil/index.cfm

Perhaps you should also look into eating some raw brain (grass fed only). I personally dont find it palatable at all (this might be psychological) but it will definitly be good for your brain.

breathing excercises may also help for when your thoughts get too all over the place. A good simple one is breath in for 4 seconds and breath out for 4 or however many seconds you like. you could also breath in for 4 and exhale for 8 or the opposite. whatever it is just keep the breathing uniform and you will begin to calm down.
-----------

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 05:27:27 am »
Thanks. I'm actually start to breath better and its making a huge difference.

I'm using relaxation techniques to relax, such as meditation. I'm going to discuss getting off meds with my doc. Hopefully she sees hope in my plan
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 05:50:50 am by TylerDurden »
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 02:04:15 pm »
who cares what the doc says. If you feel that getting of the meds is the right thing to do then just do it. Doctors dont know anything other than pushing drugs for the big pharmaceutical companies. She would probably have you locked up for eating raw meat also.

also try to keep the meat grass fed. I dont think publix is. What general are of Miami are you in? Im sure I could help you find a reasonably priced grass fed meat place around there. I wouldnt eat the grain fed meat except as a last resort.
-----------

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 09:49:14 am »
33155. I'd like some grass fed meats, pasteured eggs. I don't care to much for organic produce, but if you can get me deals on that too sweet.

I can buy a second fridge to keep food since we don't have to much space in our fridge. Frozen is better than nothing when it comes to this stuff. I THINK bacteria and enzymes are preserved when frozen. I think that's why seeds, plants, animals, etc. survive long winters. Even when they freeze.

Thanks for the help.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 12:34:47 pm »
There is a whole foods in your area. This store always has grass fed.

If you already checked the whole foods and something was wrong you can check out these food club  websites too.

http://www.cjgrassfed.com/
http://www.alternativerealgoodfoods.com/
http://www.myhealthyfoodclub.com/

I personally wouldn't eat any frozen meat but if you have no choice go for it. According to aajonus vonderplanitz (whose book We Want to Live! you should get. it is one of the most important books on raw foods you will ever read although you should not become dogmatic about what he says and use what works for you and leave what doesnt) frozen meat protien is only 25% utilizable in the human body vs 100% in unfrozen. Also in his experiments when he fed only frozen meat to carnivores they devoloped mange and other skin disorders and sometimes scurvy. When he fed them the meat unfrozen these things were reversed. Also ecoli flourishes quickly in frozen meat.

I also forgot to meantion that one of the most important things you could do for any mental illness is to start working out. Do not work out lightly push yourself. I know from personal experience that my mental health increases dramatically when I do lots of physical activity whereas my mental health deteriorates when sedentary. YOu do not have to just work out, you may also pick up a sport. Martial arts in my opinion is the best thing you could since it trains the minds just as much as the body, moreso than other sports I think.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 02:54:40 pm by TylerDurden »
-----------

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 11:10:13 pm »
yeh you can totally get off your meds...
hope you read up on drlwilson.com he says a lot about how nutrition and food can effect shizophrenia and from my own experience with many many diets, his is very simple and healing.  i also know that i had to suppliment some things to begin with because my body needed extra help to heal as well as my brain chemistry was totally fucking bizarre...so really being sure that you are taking it slow and steady, not totally shunning extra nutriments and things like sam-e, 5htp, gaba, but not thinking to rely on these for ever, and doing your best to avoid an overload of anything...especially copper and high sugar foods:)

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 11:44:45 pm »
hey ps do you smoke mj?  just curious cause your avatar is mr marley...! just asking cause it took me a long while to stop using it to pass out in a coma at night and def. effected my mood

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk