Author Topic: Wild Ram chase  (Read 4413 times)

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Wild Ram chase
« on: March 14, 2012, 11:02:26 am »
This past weekend I had the luck of going on a persistence hunt of an AWOL ram.

I had a 80 pound ram brought to my house and put it in a pen to await slaughter. This one was a bit on the wild side and it butted the gate open then ran out into the yard. My yard backs up to a 180 acre open field, and my children had made an opening in the fence so they could go back and forth through what my son calls "the Jungle". Well that ram bolted right out into that field and the chase was on. I would track it and lose it, and then find it again jumping from thicket to thicket.

I ran it around the whole property and eventually the land owner came out to see what I was doing. I explained that I was running after my sheep, he didn't believe me at first, until out it ran from behind some brush. Then we both began chasing after it. Finally I said 'we may have to shoot it', so he went to get a gun, but by the time he came back the ram had run across the road into an other yard, and the guy wouldn't shoot it off of his own property. So we cased it some more.

It then took to the open road and started down the highway, we hopped in a truck and followed it about one mile. The damn thing wouldn't get out of the road and two cars were stuck behind it. Eventually it hung a right and went into a field. It hopped through a fence where a donkey and large horse were kept. The donkey attacked it and chased it around the yard until it eventually became exhausted and stopped to hide behind a honeysuckle tree. Then we finally grabbed it and brought it back home.

My legs are still a little sore, but it was all good fun, and good eating.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 02:42:24 pm by TylerDurden »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Wattlebird

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Ram chase
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 02:24:00 pm »
Sorry, no offence, but I was rooting for the ram.  ;)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 02:51:00 pm »
That sounded like fun!
Any pictures?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 12:33:38 am »
Seems like a good way to start your book. Put a Hemingway spin on it.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 10:59:59 am »

Here he is hanging in my shed, he ended up being extremely tasty.
That sounded like fun!
Any pictures?
I don't have any action shots, the chase kind of just happened.
Sorry, no offence, but I was rooting for the ram.  ;)
I wouldn't have minded that he escaped, if it were not for the fact that I am broke and he was my only food for the week. He was truly a high spirited beast and now he is apart of me. Fall into my belly, I commit thy spirit.
Seems like a good way to start your book. Put a Hemingway spin on it.
I wish I could just collect my experiences and write them out in simple stories of manly glory as Hemingway had done. I could turn the events of my life into the stuff of legend. Its just that this damn new age has put an end to the popularity of Hemingway's, man against the world adventure stories.

Alas the sun also rises, and with the new day I must forge on in this trek toward worldly recognition. Although I really haven't made any headway into starting a book. It isn't a real concern of mine. I have been feeling so divine as of late, it no longer feels very pressing for me to share with the world the treasures I have discovered.

Book writing has had to take a back seat to raising four kids and supporting a stay at home wife while working day in and day out to just keep the bills paid. (not much manly glory in that) Still through it all my brain works endlessly seeking knowledge and experience that could one day be turned into a great work.

KD my beautiful friend, where have you been? We never did start work on that Men of Raw paleo Pin up calender. Time fly's, and there are so many dreams that never come true.  Anyway I would like to thank you for your continuing encouragement, it does warm my heart so. 

« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 11:10:27 am by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Wattlebird

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 12:40:24 pm »
.I wouldn't have minded that he escaped, if it were not for the fact that I am broke and he was my only food for the week. He was truly a high spirited beast and now he is apart of me. Fall into my belly, I commit thy spirit.

:) Being broke does tend to focus resolve. Glad you managed to get some good food in your belly
Kind wishes, J

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 02:22:31 pm »
Men of Raw paleo Pin up calender

Go for it guys!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 06:23:05 pm »

KD my beautiful friend, where have you been? We never did start work on that Men of Raw paleo Pin up calender. Time fly's, and there are so many dreams that never come true.  Anyway I would like to thank you for your continuing encouragement, it does warm my heart so. 

oh, well its winter still, so mostly been eating alot of guts and bones, not eating my whole fruits and vegetables, spending alot of time looking in the mirror etc..

in all seriousness, you could probably just jot down a bunch of stuff like in an e-mail draft (instead of posting :)) and work on it over time that way.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 06:32:36 pm by KD »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk