Author Topic: Eggyolk-foam with wild berries, Video  (Read 11005 times)

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
Eggyolk-foam with wild berries, Video
« on: April 02, 2012, 05:21:01 pm »
I made this the other day, it is in German but I think it does not matter as you can see clearly what I do. ;)
Eggyolks (you can let a bit eggwhite in too, I sometimes do, about 1 eggwhite), wild raw honey. Whisk until foamy. Add berries, I use wild berries only.
If you like you can add raw unsalted butter in the end, to the foam. This is very delicious too. The butter have to be soft and use about 3 teaspoons / 4 yolks added in parts as you whisk - at the end.

First part;

Eierschaum

The end;

Eierschaum teil 2

This is great for non-raw eaters too! My hubby eats SAD and he loves this! He just like it more sweet so I add more honey for him. Very nourishing. I guess great for kids too! There will be zero "yuck"factor with this, as it often happends for people with raw eggs eaten plain.

Inger

Offline Isthmus

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Eggyolk-foam with wild berries, Video
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 07:00:44 pm »
This is awesome, I will definitely try this and see if I can make it for family / friends too. Thanks a lot.

Offline zaidi

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 01:36:18 am »
It looked perfect for my social situation.
Therefore, I immediately tried to make it and see if it also tastes me.
And it turned really delicious too.
I am in paradise at moment.
Thanks a lot dear Inger.

Offline Polyvore

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 05:20:53 pm »
I will try it out tonight :)

UPDATE

I put a teaspoon of lard instead of butter, and it was a mistake :o
I won't do that again yuck. I might try again with butter next time.

UPDATE

I did it with butter, and raw sugar instead of honey, and IT WAS DELICIOUSSS.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 07:47:17 pm by Polyvore »

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 02:03:55 am »
For folks that might not want to whip their eggs like that I used to do almost the same thing with just stirring egg yolks and adding butter and fruit. Honey tastes really great with it but I'm not so good with honey so don't add that... and now don't do butter.... so.... now I just use soaked nutbutter and fruit. I'm not sure the simple stirring will be as appealing to SAD eaters of course - but for us hard-core rawists I think it's even better.

I loved seeing the video of you Inger! What a beautiful voice even without understanding a word. ;D

Offline Natty

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 08:10:28 am »
Mmmm... It tastes like a light crème brûlée without the sickly sweetness!

Offline Pammie

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 03:11:29 am »
Looks delicious.  Will be sure to test it out.

Offline CatTreats

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 10:48:30 am »
This looks AMAZING. The way it looked after beating it - like pudding - was mouthwatering. I'll be making this once my boyfriend can eat egg yolk again! Thank you for posting! ^_^
In its purest, unaltered form, healthy food is delicious.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 07:40:34 am »
I tried to make a variation on this using only egg yolks and my stick mixer but it wasn't getting very creamy. Next I added some vinegar to the egg yolks but it only helped a little. It wasn't till I added the honey that I got it to whip up nicely. I added it to some blueberries and it was pretty good. Next time I'll leave out the vinegar and try it. Is there any way to get it to whip up without the honey? There is already more sugar in blueberries than I care to consume.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 11:28:14 am »
I tried making this again today and got it to whip up ok without the honey. With the stick mixer I found that you have to lift it up and tip it to get as much air into it as possible. (this is the opposite of making mayonnaise.) It's still not as good as with the honey. I'd say I got it to whip up around 500% it's size adding honey to the egg yolks but only about 300% without it. It also tastes a lot eggier without the honey but after the first couple of bites I didn't notice it. Once I got the flavor of the blueberries going on, it was like eating whipped cream.

I'm anxious to try it with other fruit. I have a ripe cantaloupe in my fridge that I got on sale and one more about ripe enough to go in tomorrow.

I like the idea of using eggs instead of cream. Egg yolks are much more nutritious and cheaper. But what closes the deal for me is raw milk is next to impossible to get but raw eggs are easy as can be.

Thanks for the idea!

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2017, 11:36:14 am »
I broke down and ordered one of those hand held mixers today. I'm looking forward to whipping the hell out of those eggs and hope it does a way better job than my stick mixer.

Offline surfsteve

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2017, 03:12:42 am »
I made whipped egg yolk and blueberry again today and this time it didn't whip up as much as the last time I made it with honey and vinegar. Maybe it was the vinegar that helped it whip up or the combination of it with the honey. I know adding vinegar to a raw liver smoothie will make it really creamy which was my reason for adding it to the eggs in the first place. Maybe I didn't wait long enough before giving up and adding sugar. I got a feeling that the stick mixer works just fine and that I probably didn't need to order the other mixer. Oh well maybe I will use it. I didn't know I'd be using my stick mixer nearly as much as I did before I ordered it. So you never know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk