Author Topic: Meat to fat ratio (how much you eat)  (Read 2311 times)

Offline intrigued

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
Meat to fat ratio (how much you eat)
« on: April 03, 2012, 12:02:55 am »
Hey all,

I'm considering making a large-ish order to jump into this whole thing.  I know that the general advice is to listen to your body as everyone is different, but having no previous experience, I'm looking for a jumping off point.  I'm just looking for examples from people, so how much fat (e.g. marrow bones, suet, back fat) do you eat compared to muscle meat (searching I've found a lot of reports of people eating ~1 1/2 to 2 1/2 lbs meat per day)?

I guess what I'm saying is, if I order 20lbs of meat, about how many lbs of some sort of fat would be reasonable to order along with it?  Also, what can I expect to get out of a lb of marrow bones, or how many lbs of marrow bones would roughly equal a usable lb of suet?

Thanks!

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Meat to fat ratio (how much you eat)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 01:18:17 am »
Marrow bones are mostly bone with less than half of the weight being fat, maybe even less than a quarter. As far as suet goes, id say order 10-20 pounds the first time and see how it goes. Visually i eat a piece of fat about half to 3/4the size of the meat I eat, I dont weigh it so i dont know how much it is by weight, just by visuals. Where I am suet is very cheap so I just get a lot and dont think about it too much.
-----------

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Meat to fat ratio (how much you eat)
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 01:26:31 am »
It all depends re marrow. If I don't specify that I want the marrow inside, I  usually get bones with tiny amounts of marrow in them. If I insist on marrow-rich bones, I get  bones 6 inches or more in length with an inch and a half in diameter of marrow.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk