Author Topic: Starting work out routine. suggestions?  (Read 9107 times)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Starting work out routine. suggestions?
« on: April 07, 2012, 12:20:34 am »
Hey everyone. I plan to start exercising more.

I have resistance bands (Terrel Owen's Bodylastics).

I also have Air alert III, a workout routine to jump higher.

I play lots of basketball. So I'm planning to start exercising with those.

Does anyone have a suggestion of how much to eat per day?

I'm all fruits, veggies, raw honey, and raw beef, calf liver, salmon.

I've been doing about 3 oz of various meats plus certain fruits, rarely veggies. Some regular foods too since I'm tight on money.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 02:52:34 am by TylerDurden »
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline munabil

• Forager
    • View Profile
Re: Starting work out routine. suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 06:38:58 pm »
Hey..
  You didn't mention for which purpose you are going to start exercise.. either you wanna stay fit or wanna have body size.. first mention this than we are able to give you suggestions

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 09:56:30 pm »
I would just make sure you eat enough. Body will tell you. Listen to it.

Offline thunderseed

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 07:12:08 pm »
Can you post an example of how much you currently eat?

You should eat a lot if you are going to be turning into a basketball player  ;D You'll probably have to eat like athletes do, eat less than usual the day of your game or training and gorge a lot on food the next day(s).

If you work out lots you might find you'll have more of an apetite in the evenings and might want to keep your meals lighter during the day.

Plyometric jumps will be good for basketball, but be careful with those, not so great on the knees or back if you have problematic areas there.

Basketball isn't aerobic. It consists of a lot of sprints and high intense activity, thus it's anerobic and alot of it - which means you are going to need to eat carbs, and a lot of them, because anerobic activity burns nothing but carbs. It does not burn fats, or protiens. If you don't want to eat complex carbs in your diet, you can't do intense workouts, all you can do is mild to moderate aerobic activity...

Dumbells are better for strength training than bands.
Strength training is also anerobic.
So are plyometric jumps.
So nothing you have chosen to do is an adequete form of fat burning activity, just so you know. If your goal is to burn fat, those things won't work. You will need to add in something like fast walking, jogging, moderate running, biking, swimming, something that you can breathe while doing and isn't as intense.
But you burn aerobic calories by just breathing anyway. So you should still be eating fats.

I've been doing about 3 oz of various meats plus certain fruits, rarely veggies. Some regular foods too since I'm tight on money.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 12:45:42 am »
I exercise more when I think ahead about what activities I really like to do and what environment I like to do it in.

For  example, I am a lifelong bicycle rider, yoga practitioner, and gym enthusiast. I like to get my exercise with other people. Working out by myself just never happens, so I don't plan to set up equipment at home, not even therabands. (I'm not anti-resistance bands, just using this as an example of a solo exercise habit that doesn't work for me.)

Your appetite and experience should guide you about when and what to eat and drink. Noticing when you are satisfied and when you are energetic should be a good guide for when and what to eat. Hunger and sluggish feelings are good warnings of not enough food or the wrong food. Really, a no-brainer.

"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 04:41:43 pm »

Your over thinking it. You don't need to add anything to your diet unless your body craves more chow. If you eat well and workout, there's nothing more to it. BTW bands suck, just like exercise equipment machines in the gym. Use body resistance exercises and free weights.

Offline Chris

• Warrior
  • Each journey starts with a step
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 04:43:32 pm »

Oh yeah, Congratulations!

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 08:42:10 pm »
FYI I posted this about 2 years ago. It's a very old thread. Lol Thank you all for the advice though.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk